Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Final Fantasy VIII Available on Steam

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The guy in the video is complaining that the Junction System is too complicated. Sign of a mouthbreather. Someone give MicoSelva a dumbfuck tag.
None of that junction bullshit is even necessary. Just spam limit breaks. That retarded bitch Selphie can one-shot one of the final bosses this way even.

oljebox

Educated
The guy in the video is complaining that the Junction System is too complicated. Sign of a mouthbreather. Someone give MicoSelva a dumbfuck tag.
None of that junction bullshit is even necessary. Just spam limit breaks. That retarded bitch Selphie can one-shot one of the final bosses this way even.

That's just one of the many things that makes it brilliant (for a JRPG).

The only good FF is V and VI.

You forgot about 1.

SISFH9.png

That's a guy soloing the final boss with a class that is supposed to suck at endgame. The original NES version of game is bugged beyond belief, though.

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
This might be the best version since Magic Booster lets you skip all that spell drawing nonsense.

And I wonder if there's a mod to make the game actually challenging once you socket 100 of some spell to your attack. That's what killed it for me. You play the card game a few times and you have 4k HP and 6k attack damage by the end of Disc 1.

(Yes, I know I just contradicted myself by saying how great it is to skip spell drawing then getting upset when I have 100 of a spell. The system was kind of broken anyway.)

That garden battle will always hold a special place in my most cherished nostalgic high school nerd memories.

They also have mediocre endgame equipment and no access to high level spells, meaning they're a weaker Fighter that can cast some spells that everyone else can cast by that point thanks to spell-imbued items such as Zeus gauntlets or the White robe/shirt. They need that Fast buff.

But yeah, you could do worse. (Black Belt)

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So is it also locked in 15 fps in battles like FF7, or I can play it without hurting my eyes?
No idea how I could play it in the '90s and never notice the annoying framerate.

A user named cat

This game had possibly the most retarded plot twist I've ever witnessed in a video game. I remember how insulting it felt even as a stoned out teenager. Horrible game overall, but the card mini-game was fun if played sporadically and some of the locations were pretty cool. Deling City could've been great if it was actually fleshed out.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I never got that far with it, but I watched a video where the guy explained it and it sounded stupid. I had a friend that was bonkers for it, though.

The infamous orphanage bit? Dunno if it's true, but apparently someone at Square demanded a TWEEST and the authors couldn't think of anything better since the story was pretty much done. The thing about Guardian forces fucking up with your memory seems to come out of nowhere anyway, apart from a quick mention by Quistis at the beginning of the game.

Then again everything plot-related that comes after NORG seems to be the product of stream of consciousness, so no use sweating over it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The very same day this gets re-released on Steam while I was explaining to someone why the Draw system was one of the worst ideas in gaming history...

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
A storyfag game where the story strains hard under executive meddling and a soppy, hopeless romantic director. The growth systems and magic system have a lot of promise to them, but there's so little combat that they feel a bit wasted unless you go out of your way to grind.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hope this is a stepping stone for FF XII - International Zodiac Job System on Steam.

FF X/X-2 HD would be cool as well. :3

zwanzig_zwoelf

$8.99 here. Might pick it up when it goes on sale. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom