Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Final Fantasy VIII Available on Steam

Black

Arcane
Deep character development, whatever.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Well, he does start caring about people around him, you know.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm never going to understand the Quistis hype. Is it some kind of big sister incest fetish shit or something? I mean, everytime someone mentions her I immediately get flashbacks to the fucking sewer level she forced me into just because she yelled at Rinoa (for being a moron) and now she has to go apologize to her, right in the middle of a very critical mission, basically putting a highly planned-out, VERY DELICATE assassination attempt on an all-powerful wicked witch running a military superpower looking to take over the entire world in jeopardy JUST BECAUSE OH NO RINOA I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS!

Selphie is the best FF8 girl, and she's a fucking hippie that sings songs about trains for christ's sake!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
wait is this shit on the main page?

edit: it is. This wouldn't have happened with VD on the helm

Bahamut

Arcane
Hope this is a stepping stone for FF XII - International Zodiac Job System on Steam.

FF X/X-2 HD would be cool as well. :3

Sorry brah, both of recent FF releases are just old inferior versions, with pixelated backgrounds, dumbed down music, with the exeption of added cheats, achivements and modern systems support

zwanzig_zwoelf

Hope this is a stepping stone for FF XII - International Zodiac Job System on Steam.

FF X/X-2 HD would be cool as well. :3

Sorry brah, both of recent FF releases are just old inferior versions, with pixelated backgrounds, dumbed down music, with the exeption of added cheats, achivements and modern systems support
You forgot the shitty reskin in FFVII.

She actually does pretty well on the teaching part since none of them get killed by that spider robot monstrosity, she just fucks it up by getting too personal.

Oh yeah, apart from the whip there's the high heeled leather boots too. And those...leather...sleeves?

2_Quistis_Trepe_by_zakuta.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

Tifa is a dumb name, imo. Though there are thousands of dumb names in jap games out there.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:runs FFVIII:

"Hey, nice graphics !"

:emo protagonist:

: DRAW: : DRAW: : DRAW: : DRAW:

:Soap Opera:

: More Soap Opera:

***LEVEL SCALING***

fuck_this_shit-%28n1290547447794%29.gif

Kz3r0

Arcane
Actually is worse than just level scaling, in fact you are better off finishing the game at a low level than trying to level up.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually is worse than just level scaling, in fact you are better off finishing the game at a low level than trying to level up.

Well, it's not too bad if you run away from all the fights until you get a Rosetta Stone and Str Bonus, Vit Bonus, Mag Bonus and Spr Bonus. And then level up everyone one by one with all of those Junctioned. I actually did some of that couple of years back, but found out I wasn't OCD enough for it after getting a couple of chars to 100.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

It took a near crisis for Squall to develop human emotions.
For young RK, it was just Pamela Dean Anderson.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I never actually finished this game but doesn't he end up dooming the universe because he can't be without the love of his life?

RK47

Patron
I never actually finished this game but doesn't he end up dooming the universe because he can't be without the love of his life?

Bro plz.
Don't ruin my memory of this game.
That's what literally what I did.
I just tried to follow the plot without rescuing that dumb bitch.
BUT NOOOOOO
NO PLACE 4 PRAGMATISM

RK47

Patron
i FINISHED It
*raises arm* cowboy hat man is gud

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom