Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Money talks, grorious Nippon walks

lametta

Educated
So Tifa got killed and Cloud is a Jenova/Sephiroth drone?
Wtf is Nomura doing?
would be pretty dumb to spoil the death of main characters in a trailer.
Tifa can't die she is too sexy haha.
Imo it's some timeline shit.
Theory:
In one timeline zack survived, cloud is alive, but aerith,red,barret, tifa etc died.
In the main timeline the fate ghosts try to stop things from being like in the afformentioned timline but sooner or later the two will merge.
Didn't you get the memo, marvel made the multiverse great again.

911 Jumper

Educated
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth director explains how The Witcher 3, his favorite RPG, served as a "baseline" for what comes next
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth’s director has cited The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as a “baseline” for the upcoming JRPG.

Co-director Motomu Toriyama was asked about his favorite role-playing games, outside of the Final Fantasy series, in an interview published in the Game Informer Magazine, and he supposedly named CD Projekt Red’s seminal fantasy game without a second thought. Though Geralt’s third adventure isn’t just a personal favorite for Toriyama - it apparently influenced Rebirth’s whole approach to side quests.

"Regarding titles like The Witcher 3, which has that open-world role-playing type element, we did some extensive research into these types of titles,” Toriyama explains. The Witcher 3 was then studied “as a baseline” and Rebirth aims to “stand alongside it and have the type of content that would be satisfying to its players.”

Jinn

Arcane
Finally got around to playing Remake. I'm using the Enhanced Difficulty mod with No Stagger boost. It took me a couple hours to warm up to the game, but I'm genuinely enjoying it now. I think this is in large part thanks to the above-mentioned mod, as I feel it really gives the combat the ability to show what its made of. It can be extremely satisfying at times. On top of that, it makes attrition in exploration a serious threat, thus creating a very tight economy in the game as a whole, making every gil gained valuable. Some of the boss battles with the mod last a little too long, but it's kind of great because it really taxes my resources and produces a nice tension that ripples through the entire experience.

I am actually looking forward to Rebirth now, which is something I didn't think was going to happen.

Ivan

Arcane

I've not played any in the series. I figure the closest experience to these would be Dragon Quest? I played and liked DQ 11

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
Overacting to situations, bloating story with horrible dialogues but decent gameplay. Horrible goofy characters
A story which was told in 20 hrs is being expanded into 3 games with horrible sidequests.
One of the most overrated games of all time.
Hope to play it in pc

I've not played any in the series. I figure the closest experience to these would be Dragon Quest? I played and liked DQ 11

If this game looks like it specifically appeals to you then go for it, but be warned that it is not representative of the original experience nor of Final Fantasy or the JRPG genre overall. It has more in common with Western AAA games than it does with Final Fantasy or JRPGs.

Elthosian

Arcane
Finally got around to playing Remake. I'm using the Enhanced Difficulty mod with No Stagger boost. It took me a couple hours to warm up to the game, but I'm genuinely enjoying it now. I think this is in large part thanks to the above-mentioned mod, as I feel it really gives the combat the ability to show what its made of. It can be extremely satisfying at times. On top of that, it makes attrition in exploration a serious threat, thus creating a very tight economy in the game as a whole, making every gil gained valuable. Some of the boss battles with the mod last a little too long, but it's kind of great because it really taxes my resources and produces a nice tension that ripples through the entire experience.

I am actually looking forward to Rebirth now, which is something I didn't think was going to happen.
Could you share this mod? Had been waiting for somebody to fix the difficulty settings and this looks like the real deal.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
https://automaton-media.com/en/interviews/20240207-26820/
Lastly, your style as a creator is something that tends to attract attention. How do you think these “Tetsuya Nomura-isms” are incorporated into FFVII Rebirth?

Nomura: I don’t know (laughs). I watch videos of people discussing and commenting on my work here and there, and this is something I think about while I’m watching. Sometimes even lines in the scenario that I didn’t write are called Nomura-isms. It’s funny, isn’t it?

Overall, I think that “Tetsuya Nomura-ism” is something that the players have established regardless of whether I was involved in that aspect or not. Sometimes players who are playing something I had absolutely nothing to do with go “This feels so Nomura,” and I’m thinking “That wasn’t me…” (laughs). However, players’ feelings and impressions are their own, and if they feel something while playing the game then I think that’s fine. Either way, I’m happy if people enjoy the game.

Endemic

Arcane
I guess flag markers are too old school (the exit/entrance arrows were optional)?

hR7grKv.png

Elthosian

Arcane

Jinn

Arcane
Thanks!! I'll give it a shot with this installed
Remember, I used the "No Stagger Boost" version of it. Would recommend that too, as it mitigates a fair amount of the sponginess of some of the bigger bosses, while preserving the challenge introduced by the increased stats.

911 Jumper

Educated
So what's the consensus here in regard to the FF7 remake project? Is it considered an example of incline or decline?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom