Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 2, Still looking pretty cool.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
saint's row 2 was awesome. the only gta-like other than vice city that i actually completed to near 100%.
way better than san andreas from a gameplay point, and doesn't feature the typical gta bullshit of closed off city regions or losing all your shit because someone thought that would make a good story and gameplay element.
plus you can have a zombie homie, and the samedi storyline was pretty sweet, especially the fight against the second in command.

desocupado

Magister
Yeah, what's your config JarlFrank? I wanted to play this game, but never got it because I tought my pc would not run it right.

Luzur

Good Sir
Saint Row 2 simply died for me if i went out of the city and into the suburbs.

it ran fine if i was inside the main city.

Multi-headed Cow

Wasn't the case at all for me. GTA4 runs like a pig, but it's a relatively stable and balanced pig at 20-25FPS. Saints Row 2 was all over the place with stable framerate, stuttering, and running at 1.3 speed so when it was running it was running too fast.

MikeJahn

Educated
I am currently playing Just Cause 2 and liking it a lot more than GTA IV.

Multi-headed Cow said:
Wasn't the case at all for me. GTA4 runs like a pig, but it's a relatively stable and balanced pig at 20-25FPS. Saints Row 2 was all over the place with stable framerate, stuttering, and running at 1.3 speed so when it was running it was running too fast.

My experience is similar. GTA 4 ran at 25-40 FPS, it's not much but it's certainly playable, and SR2 ran at about 15 FPS with the fancy lighting on, and 50-60 FPS without it, however, no matter the FPS count it would still stutter as shit everytime I'd drive a vehicle, which made it totally unplayable. I really wish I could play that thing, but it is what it is..

pipka said:
Just Cause 2 is a blast. Mayhem and chaos forever.

Are missions varied this time? I hated the first one because near every mission was the same "take over the territory" bullshit. All game was an empty GTA clone with few gimmicks thrown in. Has anything improved in JC2?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO POPAMOLE SANDBOX NEXT GEN SUCKS HOW MANY TIMES DOES THAT NEED TO BE POSTED

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
desocupado said:
Yeah, what's your config JarlFrank? I wanted to play this game, but never got it because I tought my pc would not run it right.

XP Service Pack 3
Dual Core Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Asus motherboard
3 gigs of RAM
GeForce 9600 GT (1024 MB)

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO THIS JUST CONFUSES ME ARE CONSOLEFAG GAMES BAD BECAUSE THEY ARE TO HARD WITH RESPAWNS AND BULLETPROOF NGEGROES OR ARE THEUY TO EASY DUMMEBD DOWN FAGF POPAMOLE DARK GRITTY MATUYRE I AM TRYING TO FIGUSFRE OUT WHO IS THE BIGGEST PWEOPAMOLE WHINERS BUT YOU GUYS ARE MAKING IT TOUGH?????

MAYBE SOME PEEPLE JUSGT WANT TO BE A CUNT ABOUT EVERYTHING I DON'T DO I JUST MNO CONSOLEFAGS ARE BIGGER FAGS IF THE GAME IS TO HARD OR TO EASY DOGFUCKERS

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Multidirectional said:
pipka said:
Just Cause 2 is a blast. Mayhem and chaos forever.

Are missions varied this time? I hated the first one because near every mission was the same "take over the territory" bullshit. All game was an empty GTA clone with few gimmicks thrown in. Has anything improved in JC2?

Missions have some good variety BUT eventually you unlock safehouse (or whatever they call them in this) takeovers that pretty much always play out the same. Also while just roaming a lot of citys/bases/outposts are copy pasted, and hunting for the final thing to blow up or upgrade collectible to complete them can get pretty tedious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom