Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout New Vegas: Weapons/Character Build Talk.

Legion seems to be doing well enough, I'd say the signs point to them taking the dam this time around. And you're practically starved for things to do for them in a pure legion playthrough, they pretty much tell you to go kill shit.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
You're simply juxtaposing my assumptions with your assumptions and that's all. We don't know shit about Legion's agricultural lands and proficiencies in cultivating food, preserve water, nor do we know anything about the main NCR territory except for pumped out lakes. Where do you think legion gets its water?
In original fallouts there were no water sources to be seen at all, except for the water chip thingy, but i don't remember anyone speculating on that aspect of lore.

It actually surprises me that there were still any usable lakes left after apocalypse at all. More realistic water source would be deep underground.

You're simply juxtaposing my assumptions with your assumptions and that's all.
No I'm not, that last post wasn't even directed towards you, and my previous post wasn't based on assumptions.
You're simply juxtaposing my lore based statements with your assumptions and that's all.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Only lore based statement you did was about dried up lakes. That's all there is to it and it's not much. There weren't any lakes in first two fallouts at all. That is also lore based statement, but no one assumed wastelanders would soon die from thirst.

Mass starvation will be a problem in the NCR in less than a decade's time - In game, lore statement
NCR lakes back west are dried up - in game, lore statement
The Legion stuff I realize now was non-game lore from Sawyer, which I guess is up to you how much it's worth. But according to him legion territory is safe, with adequate food, water, and power.
Legion economy is evident in game, their currency is worth more because their lands are safer. -in game, lore based statements based off of dialogue from Barton Thorn and Rose of Sharon Cassidy.

You're simply juxtaposing my lore based statements with your assumptions and that's all.:smug:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I never saw these statements, but i haven't finished the game so fair enough.
And what? Does it mean that there will be no NCR in Fallout 4 or smth?

Eh, all it takes is NCR finding a miracle source of energy or something else to save their hides, not much use speculating. The Enclave has been destroyed two times, three if you count Broken Steel as a separate event, and they're still around.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It's also kinda funny that first fallouts had water purification chips, but 200 years later they don't have basic refinement technologies. :decline:

laclongquan

Arcane
And you just remind me of that.

Vault 8, aka Vault City, got shitload of water purification chip in their storage. It's part of the experiment, a counterpart to Vault 13 with only one.

With that, every Vault can be a source of pure water for drinking (potable). Farming water is another problem. Though Modoc has done well with their own aquifer~

Actually, the chips in Vault 8 are a shipping mistake. Vault 13 got a extra GECK (it actually got two, Enclave took the other one which can be found in the Oil Rig), Vault 8 got all these chips.

(also a cruel joke at the player's expense! There was a similar one in Van Buren)

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So, i fucked up a bit. Forgot about the telepathic hive mind among the fractions and killed two NCR slaves in the legion ring. Didn't think nothing about that at the time. Now from idolized all the towns are back neutral, but NCR troops are shooting at me on sight. Is there any console command or smth to fix this? I have a save before that happened, but it's such a drag to go back two hours back.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Shitty design, bitch. There is nothing in the lore about telepathy being widespread in the wasteland.

Btw, it's even better now. I can't even open console. ~ doesn't work, while i clearly remember that some weeks ago it would sometimes accidentally push it and console would open. Fucking buggy mess.:mca:

I didn't lose any NCR fame for killing those people in the pits, maybe it's a mod you have, or maybe you forgot to take off your legion disguise. Don't know what's triggering them, but it probably wasn't that quest, only main legion quests turn NCR hostile.
I never saw these statements, but i haven't finished the game so fair enough.
And what? Does it mean that there will be no NCR in Fallout 4 or smth?
Guessing you haven't played Fallout 3, there probably won't be any NCR, who knows what they will and won't use from NV, but Beth's Fallout is it's own spinoff that is pretty much completely inconsequential to the core region, as the core region is to it.

I also retract my previous statement about grey morality in the game, there's clearly an objectively good choice(House) and objectively bad choices(NCR, Legion, Anarchy); pretty black and white really.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I didn't lose any NCR fame for killing those people in the pits, maybe it's a mod you have, or maybe you forgot to take off your legion disguise. Don't know what's triggering them, but it probably wasn't that quest, only main legion quests turn NCR hostile.
Well, i loaded the game just before the pit fights and it's all normal. All the next saves are already fucked.
I figured that it might be that some troops saw me in BoS armor at some point, which i missed, but it usually triggers immediate firefights, so i doubt that. Will check if killing the ncr guy in the pit immediately changes that.
I wasn't wearing legion armor.
I also retract my previous statement about grey morality in the game, there's clearly an objectively good choice(House) and objectively bad choices(NCR, Legion, Anarchy); pretty black and white really.
Only if you're a fucking technotard, who believes that a self absorbed autistic scienmajistic brain in the vat would know better what's good for humanity.

It's also interesting that more than half of fractions have disappeared from my reputation list.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Checked how slave fight influences my rep and it indeed does not. Not know what happened between th Fort and about half an hour till the next save, where i'm already being shot at. And i'm not vilified, just went from idolized to neutral in all NCR locations. Everybody shoots at me anyway. If i were the NCR armor it helps against troopers, but high ranking ones are hostiles as expected. Must be some glitch.

The problem is, i can't open the console to do anything. Is that a known issue? Because it was working previously.

Edit:

The weirdest things happen. When i put on my BoS armor and took it off, all the factions reappear in the rep list and i'm idolized with NCR again. But those fucks still keep shooting. How can this even be? Don't one have to be hated/villified to draw aggression. Maybe i should try to install some unofficial bugfixes?

Last edited:
Only if you're not a fucking retard.
Because obviously a shitty tribe from California that's LARPing pre-war America knows better than the man that predicted the destruction of the world with pinpoint accuracy, saved the entire region from going under, and has been witness to centuries worth of civilization. Hell, you'd have an easier time arguing how bad the writing is for creating such a ridiculous mary-sue bastard. I mean, I like the choices offered in game, but it's hardly a choice at all :smug: .

Even if he wasn't the obvious best choice, there's absolutely no moral justification for murdering him.

Pity they dropped the "House Concedes" alternate NCR path. Aparently, there was supposed to be a path where House concedes and allows the NCR to annex New Vegas if they agree to his terms. It is unknown what would have triggered it, but aparently it might be if you betrayed House and destroyed the Securitron army, then he would just pretty much give up and remain as owner of the New Vegas Strip.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
House is a pompous, delusional megalomaniac, who couldn't care less about what becomes of humanity as long as his wet dreams about cybershit comes to fruition and enough snowglobes are in the cupboard. I'd rather trust flawed, but sincere human beings to try and build a new civilization not antrophomorphic skynet-thing with posh locution.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I encountered a small but fun bug today. I entered the REPCONN Test Site through the back door and was contacted through the intercom by Chris Haversam. I then went upstairs and killed him and all the ghouls. Then I went downstairs and pressed the intercom by the rockets, just for fun. Nothing happened. I then went outside, and entered the REPCONN building again, this time through the front door. I'm immediately contacted through the nearby intercom by Chris Haversam, who tells me not to touch the intercom by the rockets. As he's talking, the crackling "intercom filter" is only present for some of his lines, making the rest sound like he's standing right next to me. So, to summarize:

1. I was contacted by a dead person
  2. I was contacted in the wrong place
  3. The sound filter for the dialogue wasn't even applied properly

A true Bethesda/Obsidian experience.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
A true Bethesda/Obsidian experience is when a fraction that you are idolized by suddenly starts shooting at you on sight and you can't even open a console to turn of the hostile mode, because console doesn't work in this game. FFS, i'm thinking of quitting this pile of shit now.:mad:
I could replay the portion from the last save, when everything worked fine, but what's the guarantee that this shit wont happen again. Searching for solution for a second day now, but everyone is repeating the same sort of things that don't work for me. Fuck, i never had this kind of game stopper even with Troyka and they were supposed to be the bug champions.

laclongquan

Arcane
The problem of House option is that it's inorganic, it cant grow. Basically he plunder the past to build present but no plan for future. He dont have good R&D capability (which NCR has in spades), or production expansion. His only hope is the biggest source of pure water in wasteland and the immigrating farmers, which is agriculture and not his core strength (libraries of reference materials and multitude of vaults nearby that his army can plunder if they can).

He really should reach a deal with either faction because standing alone he has no chance. The prosperity he has is illusionary.

I didn't like the whole House angle in NV either. I loved the NCR vs the Legion angle, the sprawling bureaucratic democracy with its flaws vs a highly efficient dictatorial/violent empire, a little on the Black and White side, but still interesting. House, on the other hand, doesn't really bring anything particularly cool to the setting in terms of lore/ideology/culture/etc. Also he is heavily involved in the main storyline (the whole courier thing) and that in my opinion, is one of the worst parts of NV, really boring stuff.

A true Bethesda/Obsidian experience is when a fraction that you are idolized by suddenly starts shooting at you on sight and you can't even open a console to turn of the hostile mode, because console doesn't work in this game.

Go somewhere else (preferably an interior like a house) and Wait/Sleep a while there until everything refreshes. Three days should work. As for the console:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands

If you cannot pull up the console, check Control Panel – Device Manager – Keyboards for Microsoft home MCIR devices. These interfere with the Tilde (console) key. Remove these devices and restart Fallout: New Vegas. You should now be able to enter console mode. Also works for Fallout 3.

This happened to me once.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I already tried out all of that and nothing of it worked (i never had installed any of the crap like infra red something and eHomsomething). Luckily found some obscure little app that rebinds console from ~ to ctrl or ctrl+enter. Works as described and it's all good now. :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom