Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 reviewed!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
DefJam101 said:
This is the kind of conniving forum-rhetorical bullshit that gets people banned on other forums. :?

This is also the internet and that explains a lot of things.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Gragt said:
DefJam101 said:
This is the kind of conniving forum-rhetorical bullshit that gets people banned on other forums. :?

That I'm to lazy to write something more?

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
DefJam101 said:
Saying "TW is a clickfest!" is in no way superior to saying "TW is not a clickfest!" merely because you spoke first. You got the response that you deserved based on what you said. If you don't go into detail, then no one else is under any obligation to show you that respect.

So it's cool to disagree with someone as long as the majority back you without stating why you disagree.

There is no other way to explain a clickfest. You click the mouse incessantly.

That's a far cry different than 'Megaton sucks' 'no it doesn't'.\

If I say Megaton sucks I need no explanation. If I say it doesn't suck then I need to write a paper on why.

Why the double standard?

I know I am not going to convince anyone to like FO3 and I don't want to try. So why do people act like they want me to convince them in the first place? FOR THE LULZ!

Here is a nice hypothetical conversation:
Fallout 3 sucks.
No it doesn't.

What's the next line? I think you have a good idea.

Yet:

The Witcher is a clickfest.
No it's not.

Is cool.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Stevee Wonder said:
the fact that 'its not a clickfest' was enough of a response to you only furthers my point.
Actually, let's dissect your trolling: you claim that the only choice in TW happens during the endgame. So let's assume your sincerity and suppose you have actually finished the game. But to finish it, you'd have had to play through all the situations in which the player makes a choice, and is presented with a flashback later on describing the causality behind what happened. Thus, you deliberately excluded these situations from your description of the game. And so, when claiming choice in TW only happened in the endgame and had no consequences, you were just lying.

Guys, we have to rethink our site's policy if we get more pathetic liars like this guy here.

BTW, I'm not claiming TW is a perfect game or that its combat system is more than mediocre.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Stevee Wonder said:
That's a far cry different than 'Megaton sucks'
Ok I will help you, try to read this slowly and think about it:

Megaton, a city built in the crater of an unexploded nuclear bomb.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Oh noes! A weasel tag! I care!

So that's what happens to people who challenge the status quo around here?

By the very same people who claim to do the same in regards to the 'uninformed' game reviews.

There is hypocrisy and double standards at every turn. I love this place!

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Elwro said:
Guys, we have to rethink our site's policy if we get more pathetic liars like this guy here.
No, we suspected this could happen when FO3 will be realese.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
WhiskeyWolf said:
You know what TES is right? - not only that place, I been to few places with butthurt admins, sometimes I think there favorite activites are "making your life hard".
You're talking about two extremes as if the only answer to despotism is anarchy.

Yes, because for some of them there is still hope.
And while we are waiting for that hope to materialize, the site is being overrun by morons and their stupidity attracts more morons. Splendid.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Elwro said:
Stevee Wonder said:
the fact that 'its not a clickfest' was enough of a response to you only furthers my point.
Actually, let's dissect your trolling: you claim that the only choice in TW happens during the endgame. So let's assume your sincerity and suppose you have actually finished the game. But to finish it, you'd have had to play through all the situations in which the player makes a choice, and is presented with a flashback later on describing the causality behind what happened. Thus, you deliberately excluded these situations from your description of the game. And so, when claiming choice in TW only happened in the endgame and had no consequences, you were just lying.

BTW, I'm not claiming TW is a perfect game or that its combat system is more than mediocre.

And a different .gif and voice over is such deep consequence right? The reasoning behind TW being acceptable was the C&C right?]

Does that honestly sound any different or better than what Fallout 3 purports to offer?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
WhiskeyWolf said:
Elwro said:

I'm surprised we got only the one. Still, the week is young.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Lesifoere said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Elwro said:

I'm surprised we got only the one. Still, the week is young.

Most people don't give a fuck. To me it's fun.

But yeah, the general consensus is that this place isn't worth caring about. But I love you guys.

+1 on the way to 100!

Durwyn

Prophet
Megaton sucks becouse:
- It's build in crater made by nuke that did not explode
- When you install the fusing device (or what it was called, anyways it's needed for nuke to explode) the people that are around don't give a shit about what you just done with the nuke they're supossed to be worshipping.
- Idea of people worshipping a nuke is dumb in my opinion.

Enough ?

Anaglyph

Novice
Stevee Wonder said:
So that's what happens to people who challenge the status quo around here?

lol You internet warrior, you!

By the very same people who claim to do the same in regards to the 'uninformed' game reviews.

The weasel tag would be for the weaselly way in which you avoid counters that show how dumb your arguments are and the way in which you constantly shift the point of those arguments in an effort to avoid that.

There is hypocrisy and double standards at every turn. I love this place!

You should fit right in!

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
You know what TES is right? - not only that place, I been to few places with butthurt admins, sometimes I think there favorite activites are "making your life hard".
You're talking about two extremes as if the only answer to despotism is anarchy.
Does freedom of speech = anarchy?

DefJam101

Arcane
Stevee Wonder said:
DefJam101 said:
Saying "TW is a clickfest!" is in no way superior to saying "TW is not a clickfest!" merely because you spoke first. You got the response that you deserved based on what you said. If you don't go into detail, then no one else is under any obligation to show you that respect.

So it's cool to disagree with someone as long as the majority back you without stating why you disagree.

I didn't say that, nor did I imply it.

There is no other way to explain a clickfest. You click the mouse incessantly.

I played The Witcher and didn't spend my time clicking the mouse incessantly. An example of how to give your opinion some weight would be describing why you think it is a clickfest. For instance, and example of where you were clicking incessantly.

The alchemy system didn't really support that type of gameplay. The combat system? Perhaps, but it's no worse than the majority of ARPGs I've seen. Clicking incessantly through the dialog screens will put you on the fast lane to fucked-up town, most likely.

That's a far cry different than 'Megaton sucks' 'no it doesn't'.\

If I say Megaton sucks I need no explanation. If I say it doesn't suck then I need to write a paper on why.

Why the double standard?

There is no double standard. Months and months of discussion have already taken place describing why this idea is absolutely ridiculous. In a perfect world people should waste their time typing out all of these arguments to enforce their point every time these arguments pop up, but people actually have things they need to do in real life.

Why would anyone build a town on top of a bomb? It makes absolutely no sense. It's just plain dumb and weakens the suspension of disbelief in an already FUBAR'd world. The fact that you can activate the bomb and have no one notice (as pointed out in a video somewhere above this post) is another example of how this town is a badly designed game mechanic. The entire things wreaks of a gimmick element to try and enforce the 'C&C! 200 ENDINGS!' hype that Bethesda is pushing.

Here is a nice hypothetical conversation:
Fallout 3 sucks.
No it doesn't.

That is a nice hypothetical conversation. I haven't seen that one around here lately.

The Witcher is a clickfest.
No it's not.

Is cool.

I never said it was 'cool'. I said it wasn't valid. Which is exactly what you are saying. Except in your version of the story you're magically 'winning' the argument.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Stevee Wonder said:
And a different .gif and voice over is such deep consequence right?
No.

Since you have finished the game, you must have noticed that some NPCs and quests (or methods of solving them) became available or unavailable because of your actions.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Elwro said:
Stevee Wonder said:
And a different .gif and voice over is such deep consequence right?
No.

Since you have finished the game, you must have noticed that some NPCs and quests (or methods of solving them) became available or unavailable because of your actions.

And this is different than blowing up Megaton and getting other quests how?

So what makes this 'good' about TW and bad about FO3?

And frankly, I think dropping something large from the sky will make a hole in the ground. Maybe you disagree.

As to manipulating it without anyone noticing? Have you actually done it? Maybe the position of the NPCs doesn't give them an angle. Maybe they are in a trance. It's not that farfetched.

I mean we could nitpick things in way or another all day. One person may have a valid justification to them and another may have the opposite. This is still opinion and not fact.
It's not a fact that Fallout 3 sucks because something huge fell out of the sky and made a dent. It's an opinion. Just like someone thinking it's perfectly reasonable.

The problem arises when you express the opinion that isn't popular. The bigger problem arises when some people are so upset about it that they have to resort to actions such as last night to release their rage.

Not only is it poor form, it reflects poorly on this place as a whole.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
WhiskeyWolf said:
Gragt said:
DefJam101 said:

That I'm to lazy to write something more?

That wasn't aimed at you.

WhiskeyWolf said:
Vault Dweller said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Does freedom of speech = anarchy?

Freedom of speech and anarchy have at least something in common: they both require responsibility to work effectively.

St. Toxic

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
No, the freedom to do what you want = anarchy.

Only anarchy can guarantee absolutely everybody the ability to speak their minds without legal prosecution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom