Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 reviewed!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Dark Elf said:
Stevee Wonder said:
Yes, but having one under a church makes sense. And exploding it next to the town and not having ANY COLLATERAL DAMAGE whatsoever is completely and totally logical.

Fallout Tactics, right? Which is pretty universally bashed as being a bad game and non-canon by the Codex?

I haven't played it, but you're spot on that it doesn't make sense.
No, he meant the cathedral in FO1:
- it made sense because you have to keep such a weapon safe, in your base where people won't see it
- where did you have a town?

Or is it really Tactics?

Ktistay

Novice
WhiskeyWolf said:
St. Toxic said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Does freedom of speech = anarchy.

Yes.
No, the freedom to do what you want = anarchy.

On an internet forum all you can do is speak. Or post pictures. So doing = speaking in this context. Unless you are a mod, of course. And no, freedom of speech does not mean anarchy, but it does in most cases mean that the place (forum, irc channel, whatever) will eventually be overrun by those that are many in numbers. Because those others that are few tend to give up and go to some other place. And that other place will usually be moderated.

And what I said has nothing to do with the Beth forums trolling campaign. I see that one as C&C in action. They chose to take a franchise that many here love and make a mockery of it. They chose to ignore reasoning. Hell, the NMA guys had to sneak in to get a preview. At least that's how it looks now, i guess we'll see more when the game comes out. What happend is just the consequence.
Btw, it's gone gold and the system requirements are up for who cares. I don't think there was a newspost about it.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Oh, thought you meant the ghouls in Fallout Tactics I heard about the other day.

Didn't know it was a nuke behind the self destruct sequence triggered by the Master, are you sure about that? Anyway, the Cathedral is pretty far away from Adytown.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Ktistay said:
And what I said has nothing to do with the Beth forums trolling campaign. I see that one as C&C in action. They chose to take a franchise that many here love and make a mockery of it. They chose to ignore reasoning. Hell, the NMA guys had to sneak in to get a preview. At least that's how it looks now, i guess we'll see more when the game comes out. What happend is just the consequence.
Btw, it's gone gold and the system requirements are up for who cares. I don't think there was a newspost about it.

That's some classic reasoning there. You didn't make the choice and you didn't suffer any consequences. You made the choice to impose consequences on innocent third parties.. That's about as bullshit as it gets.

That's not C&C. That's terrorism!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Stevee Wonder said:
Elwro said:
Not all opinions are of equal worth. Simply because there is such thing as justification. Some opinions are more informed than others, because people who have them used their brain to form them. If someone honestly thought all opinions were worth the same, I'm pretty sure such a person would stay far, far away from the internet.

So I can say I played Wasteland on an 8088 back in 1989 when the manual told you to copy the disks to play the game and that makes my opinion worth a lot?
I used the word "justification", in case you replied to my post without reading it. Boasting about having played some old game is not a proper justification for anyone's opinion.

I take your second question as rhetorical.

Drakron

Arcane
No, Tactics have Vault 0 that was something else.

And there was no town around the cathedral, it was located in the Boneyard ... AKA the ruins of Los Angeles with the closest thing being Adytum.

Oh and lets not forget the bomb was detonated INSIDE A VAULT, it would not have do much damage to the surface being a underground explosion.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Drakron said:
No, Tactics have Vault 0 that was something else.

And there was no town around the cathedral, it was located in the Boneyard ... AKA the ruins of Los Angeles with the closest thing being Adytum.

Oh and lets not forget the bomb was detonated INSIDE A VAULT, it would not have do much damage to the surface being a underground explosion.

Yeah, there wasn't a cutscene of a huge explosion and radiation only travels a few feet, right?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
petehines00mo9.png

A user named cat

Stevee Wonder said:
You shitballs should be ashamed of yourselves. I mean how much more childish can you get?

It's okay to think FO3 sucks. It's okay to not agree with Bethforums mod practices but apparently they are completely justifyed by people like you.

I mean, I don't even care about the game but I can't even pop in and check the fucking forums in the offchance I may rent the game because you don't get your way and have to break the other kids' toys too.

It's a disgrace. And when the media portrays you and sites like NMA as whiny ranters who can't grow up and get over it this is why. You fuel the stereotype.

Fucking shameful.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Stevee Wonder said:
I mean, I am about as informed on Fallout as one person can get short of someone who worked on it. If I said Fallout 3 looks cool does that make it valid?

All you've done here is throw out childish insults (and, yes, received them in return - but you started out by doing it, and throw them at people who try to be somewhat civilised with you) and tells us that everyone in the world hates us. You've done nothing to explain your opinions, so no, they are not valid until you do.

Some people here have said, in the past, that aspects of Fallout 3 look promising. A fair few thought it could be a decent free-roaming FPS. They didn't get bashed. Maybe, if you did anything but incoherently sling shit, you'd get actual... gasp... replies? We get it, you're pissed off about the spoiler posting campaign. We get it. Some of us were too. Get the fuck over it and stop being a one-trick pony.

Ktistay

Novice
Stevee Wonder said:
Ktistay said:

That's some classic reasoning there. You didn't make the choice and you didn't suffer any consequences. You made the choice to impose consequences on innocent third parties.. That's about as bullshit as it gets.

That's not C&C. That's terrorism!

The choice was not between doing nothing and doing The Fallout 3 RPG. It was between riding the franchise for money and lying about it and doing an ACTION RPG in a post-apocalyptic world that wasn't necessarily called Fallout.

What's next for Bethesda? Bloodlines and Planescape? So they get their name completely associated with the RPG genre?

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Some people here have said, in the past, that aspects of Fallout 3 look promising. A fair few thought it could be a decent free-roaming FPS. They didn't get bashed. Maybe, if you did anything but incoherently sling shit, you'd get actual... gasp... replies? We get it, you're pissed off about the spoiler posting campaign. We get it. Some of us were too. Get the fuck over it and stop being a one-trick pony.

I didn't come here for replies. I came here to make a point. I think it was made, at least to some.

I'm glad some of you feel that way, really I am. I just wish that people could come here and actually get some of the discourse you describe without fear of lulz and spoilerz. It would be a great thing and would return the community to a once proud standard. Yeah yeah, :decline:

Anyway, I do appreciate the irony that I myself contributed to the threads in the past day. I wonder if you appreciate the irony of the backlash when something unseemly occurs on your home turf. But I did it for the lulz. Honest.

And that's 100. Tag me whatever, my work here is done. Up up and away!

P.S. I know you are still sore over that Fauxlex Phantasmal. Don't worry. I would be too. That shit was classic. ;)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Stevee Wonder said:
I didn't come here for replies. I came here to make a point.
Don't bother next time. If you post something, expect to get replies, and expect having to defend yourself.
I just wish that people could come here and actually get some of the discourse you describe without fear of lulz and spoilerz. It would be a great thing and would return the community to a once proud standard.
I wish so myself. But the difference between you and me is I do not think rampant trolling is the way to save this site.

Also, guys, the spoiler posting campaign was idiotic. If there are retards happily playing with their toys in the sandbox, why destroy their toys? For artistic purposes only?

St. Toxic

Arcane
Stevee Wonder said:
I didn't come here for replies. I came here to make a point. I think it was made, at least to some.

I'm glad some of you feel that way, really I am. I just wish that people could come here and actually get some of the discourse you describe without fear of lulz and spoilerz. It would be a great thing and would return the community to a once proud standard. Yeah yeah, :decline:

Anyway, I do appreciate the irony that I myself contributed to the threads in the past day. I wonder if you appreciate the irony of the backlash when something unseemly occurs on your home turf. But I did it for the lulz. Honest.

And that's 100. Tag me whatever, my work here is done. Up up and away!

P.S. I know you are still sore over that Fauxlex Phantasmal. Don't worry. I would be too. That shit was classic. ;)

And there we have it folks. The Rants of a Blind man, by Steve E. Wonders. To wrap it up;

Fallout 3 is going to be good, and the Codex is just angry because they're cunts. Also, stop having opinions because they are just that, opinions, and spoiling the game for others is pointless because it serves no purpose and at the same time it butthurts the real Fallout fans, and that's mean. Bethesda didn't ask for your shit, so show them some respect, otherwise they'll stop visiting these boards and then where will you be? There's no good argument against Fallout 3, because it repeats the same mistakes made in Fallout 1 & 2. But really, I couldn't care less about Fallout 3, Codex, games, replies, people or anything, because I am quite hard-core, so do whatever the fuck you want I really don't know what I've been doing here for the past 30 or so hours. Hopefully the Codex will straighten out and become the best forum ever, but I really couldn't give a shit so fuck you. Hope you learned your lesson here today, that what goes around comes around, because I am a teacher, I may be tough but I am fair and some of you have learned that fact the hard way around, or maybe not. Gosh, let's all be friends. Later homeboyz.

I give him a good 3/10 for name and persistance.

And now, time for some shut eye.

Elwro said:
Also, guys, the spoiler posting campaign was idiotic. If there are retards happily playing with their toys in the sandbox, why destroy their toys? For artistic purposes only?

As good a reason as any. Would it have mattered if we spoiled the game for them by casually stating some facts and conclusions we had previously drawn from preview videos and the like, and thusly convincing them that the game they've all been waiting for is garbage? Or what if we had (via some miracle or other) convinced Bethesda to attempt in making FO3 closely resemble the originals, with turn-based combat and iso-view, and thusly spoiled the game for the sandbox babies? So where's the difference? Is it the way you spoil something, or just the fact that you spoiled something, that matters? Is it the "artistic value" you're after?

St. Toxic

Arcane
fizzelopeguss said:
Has anyone dropped goatse bombs on the esf yet?

No, there's nothing artistic about goatse bombs, unless maybe you photoshop the anus to look like the Megatron crater. :lé art attack extraordinare:

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
This one's too feverish. He'll burn himself out in a week or so, max.
You seriously overestimated him.

What was his point again?

If there are retards happily playing with their toys in the sandbox, why destroy their toys? For artistic purposes only?
It's better the cutting off your ear.

Sorry for the EDIT.

St. Toxic

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
What was his point again?

Fallout 3 is going to be good, and the Codex is just angry because they're cunts. Also, stop having opinions because they are just that, opinions, and spoiling the game for others is pointless because it serves no purpose and at the same time it butthurts the real Fallout fans, and that's mean. Bethesda didn't ask for your shit, so show them some respect, otherwise they'll stop visiting these boards and then where will you be? There's no good argument against Fallout 3, because it repeats the same mistakes made in Fallout 1 & 2. But really, I couldn't care less about Fallout 3, Codex, games, replies, people or anything, because I am quite hard-core, so do whatever the fuck you want I really don't know what I've been doing here for the past 30 or so hours. Hopefully the Codex will straighten out and become the best forum ever, but I really couldn't give a shit so fuck you. Hope you learned your lesson here today, that what goes around comes around, because I am a teacher, I may be tough but I am fair and some of you have learned that fact the hard way around, or maybe not. Gosh, let's all be friends. Later homeboyz.

WhiskeyWolf said:
If there are retards happily playing with their toys in the sandbox, why destroy their toys? It's better the cutting off your ear.

Would it have mattered if we spoiled the game for them by casually stating some facts and conclusions we had previously drawn from preview videos and the like, and thusly convincing them that the game they've all been waiting for is garbage? Or what if we had (via some miracle or other) convinced Bethesda to attempt in making FO3 closely resemble the originals, with turn-based combat and iso-view, and thusly spoiled the game for the sandbox babies? So where's the difference? Is it the way you spoil something, or just the fact that you spoiled something, that matters?

Repeating myself ftw.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Fallout 3 is going to be good, and the Codex is just angry because they're cunts.
I think this sums up everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom