Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 2 is boring

Fallout 2 sucks?

• Yes

Votes: 28 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 117 80.7%

• Total voters

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
bryce777 said:
Those are all different things in my point list.

Way to completely miss my point, genius. I meant that you were taking individual properties of a neutron bomb and splitting them into different bombs, which is incorrect.

sheek

Arbiter
Having just started to play Fallout 1 last week and Fallout 2 yesterday I have to agree with KC and others.

Playing F1 I have to say it's one of the best RPGs I played. I didn't really understand about the turn-based etc stuff you guys keep whining about but now I know this is how RPGs should be done.

I much prefer F2's interface, it looks better and there's more control over your NPC allies, trading with them (instead of bartering) and combat control is great.

According to the guy who wrote the walkthrough I'm kind of following Fallout 1 is worse because there is not much content and Fallout 2 = Fallout 1 ^ 99.

I think that may be the problem with F2. There is too much content and it looks like they tried to do too much and couldn't put the same amount of work and detail into each map/quest etc. In short there's too much 'filler'. The story/setting suffered.

Some things I liked about F2:
-Vault City
-Having a car
-NPC control

Since F3 probably will suck what I'd like to see is this: a mod using the F2 engine but exactly the same story and everything as F1.

I understand that there are utilities for unpacking and modding F2. Has this already been done? If not, why not?

Right now I'm in Vault City in F2 but I'm starting to get a bit bored with the game. I sort of rushed through sections of F1 (to giving back the water chip) so that I could get started on 'the sequel'...

Now I think I'll go back and finish F1 properly taking my time before continuing.

bryce777

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
bryce777 said:
Those are all different things in my point list.

Way to completely miss my point, genius. I meant that you were taking individual properties of a neutron bomb and splitting them into different bombs, which is incorrect.

I didn't say that they were all in a neutron bomb, I said they were different goals. Just what the fuck is wrong with you? Don't answer, it's obvious.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Do you seriously expect me to remember what we were arguing about after seven months, bryce? Whatever it was, you were obviously wrong and I was right, so just give it up.

ILLeGaL

Novice
Anyone who thinks Fallout series (except tactics) suck, those are bastards, and should go fuck themself.

I'm 29 now, and still waiting for a Fallout sequel about 7 years, so I can't stand any negative word on my beloved Fallout series.

Go play Morrowind or another shitty game, leave my Fallout alone.

Lumpy

Arcane
ILLeGaL said:
Anyone who thinks Fallout series (except tactics) suck, those are bastards, and should go fuck themself.

I'm 29 now, and still waiting for a Fallout sequel about 7 years, so I can't stand any negative word on my beloved Fallout series.

Go play Morrowind or another shitty game, leave my Fallout alone.
REDDING IS TEH HARD EH?
You're a mindless fanboy. A Fallout fanboy, yes, but a mindless fanboy nonetheless. Thus, you are an idiot. Fuck off.

ILLeGaL

Novice
First of all, quoting previous message already shows your IQ, so lets pass with this.

I prefer being a mindless fanboy, instead of being you. Fallout is the best game for me, and I can post my ideas without assaulting people.

Please, first complete your evolution as a human, learn how people acts when angry, then think about it. My post above was written with anger, and I didn't want to offend anybody. I didn't assault you neither directly nor indirectly.

Now, who is the idiot?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy

obediah

Erudite
ILLeGaL said:
I can post my ideas without assaulting people.

That's the funniest thing I've read in months. kudos captain no-speaky gud english.

Lumpy

Arcane
ILLeGaL said:
First of all, quoting previous message already shows your IQ, so lets pass with this.

I prefer being a mindless fanboy, instead of being you. Fallout is the best game for me, and I can post my ideas without assaulting people.

Please, first complete your evolution as a human, learn how people acts when angry, then think about it. My post above was written with anger, and I didn't want to offend anybody. I didn't assault you neither directly nor indirectly.

Now, who is the idiot?
I don't see how my post was worse than yours. We both insulted someone else in anger. The only difference is that you insulted someone who posted a valid opinion accepted by many but with which you disagree, and I insulted you for insulting someone who posted a valid opinion accepted by many but with which you disagree. See the difference?
You respond to arguments with counter-arguments. You respond to idiocy with flaming.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Quick question:
Am I spoiling myself by playing Fallout 2 instead of Fallout 1 first? I mean, I know how Fallout ends since I've seen Fallout 2's intro movie, but would it kind of be a pointless experience to play though 1 after this?

suleo

Scholar
Lord Chambers said:
Quick question:
Am I spoiling myself by playing Fallout 2 instead of Fallout 1 first? I mean, I know how Fallout ends since I've seen Fallout 2's intro movie, but would it kind of be a pointless experience to play though 1 after this?

No not pointless, definately not. You'll have a much better understanding of key story elements from 2 when you play 1; also you'll connect to some characters more.

The intro movie shows what happens in the very end, but it doesn't show all the events that lead to that end, and those are in many ways much more important than the final scene itself.

ILLeGaL

Novice
kingcomrade said:
retard said:
I can post my ideas without assaulting people
retard said:
bastards, and should go fuck themself.
retard said:
Please, first complete your evolution as a human
retard said:
I prefer being a mindless fanboy, instead of being you
retard said:
Now, who is the idiot?
Who is the idiot indeed.

Another friend who can't see that post was written with anger. I didn't meant to offend anybody, and apologize for this.

ILLeGaL

Novice
Lumpy said:
ILLeGaL said:

Now, who is the idiot?
I don't see how my post was worse than yours. We both insulted someone else in anger. The only difference is that you insulted someone who posted a valid opinion accepted by many but with which you disagree, and I insulted you for insulting someone who posted a valid opinion accepted by many but with which you disagree. See the difference?
You respond to arguments with counter-arguments. You respond to idiocy with flaming.

Friend, I love Fallout more than every other game, and cried when Interplay stopped it. Most of Fallout fans did. I'm addicted to this game. Maybe the gaming industry changed, but this game remained same for me. As I said, the post above was written with anger, and I apologize anybody who offended. I didn't mean to say what I wrote. That's just, I can't stand negative word about this game. People are still creating mods, working on patches, lots of fans look gaming sites for news about Fallout 3, spending hours searching for new information, including me.

I don't know what makes Fallout so special for me, but it is, and that's why I'm so sensitive about it.

I know there are people who feels like me. This is not a game for me. For a long time, I saw myself as primary character of Fallout in my dreams. Just can't explain what Fallout means for me, and probably will never be able to do so.

Again, I apologize for my words above, I didn't mean to offend anybody.

Mantiis

Cipher
Another friend who can't see that post was written with anger. I didn't meant to offend anybody, and apologize for this.

These people are being dicks and you are apologising?

Hope you people are happy.

Linedog

Novice
"Vault Dweller: Quote:
Creators of MW and OB had DF to look at - a shiny fucking example of good FP RPG design. All they needed was to play the fucking game and take some notes. "

Jezuz! I love that quote. It sums it all up for me.

Lumpy

Arcane
ILLeGaL said:
Again, I apologize for my words above, I didn't mean to offend anybody.
those are bastards, and should go fuck themself
first complete your evolution as a human
I don't know about you, but when I post an insult, I usually expect someone to be offended.
I liked Morrowind very much, but when someone posts something bad about it, I don't start saying things like "Go fuck yourself n00b". I counter his arguments, if I disagree with them.
I understand that you were angry, but that's no reason to start insulting people. In fact, people rarely insult or physically hurt others unless they are angry. All right, you love Fallout 1 and 2. Fine. The original poster, kingcomrade, also loves Fallout 1, but he hates Fallout 2. Feel free to disagree with him, and explain how exactly his points are wrong.
So, ILLeGaL, please try not to insult people in the future, unless they are idiots. If they are, go ahead.

Lumpy

Arcane
Mantiis said:

These people are being dicks and you are apologising?

Hope you people are happy.
Yes, how dare we counter his insults with some other insults. We're such bastards! We should be apologizing to him!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
sheek said:
I understand that there are utilities for unpacking and modding F2. Has this already been done? If not, why not?

http://www.nma-fallout.com/

Look for killap's Fallout 2 patch. It fixes over 500 bugs in Fallout 2 (you will need to start a new game).
Also there are a number of mods for Fallout 2, but I have yet to try any. Killap is however working on a mod that will add back a bunch of the cut out stuff from Fallout 2, after he finishes the bug fix patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom