Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

praetor

Arcane
They were rocky just after launch, then stabilized after 2-3 hours Everything is running fine now and has for quite a while. Try harder. :3

so their servers went down for a couple of hours when they launched their gamma version and they knew the maximum load (as they know the exact number of backers/beta buyers) beforehand? then the servers being down for the whole of launch day (and then who knows how many times in the future) is pretty much guaranteed

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Did a bunch of philanthropist missions to give free food to citizens of the Empire. Federal dropped my reputation from Neutral+ to Neutral. Federalists in favour of mass starvation! Say no to multikult hitlers! Join the Empire today!

They were rocky just after launch, then stabilized after 2-3 hours Everything is running fine now and has for quite a while. Try harder. :3

so their servers went down for a couple of hours when they launched their gamma version and they knew the maximum load (as they know the exact number of backers/beta buyers) beforehand? then the servers being down for the whole of launch day (and then who knows how many times in the future) is pretty much guaranteed

That wasn't what I said. I said they were laggy for a while (but mostly up) while they deployed hotfixes. and now everything works smoothly. On launch day.

bonescraper

I'm killing space scum in Sol and i'm slowly upgrading the Freeagle. When it reaches 250k+ in worth i'll trade it for a Cobra. It's already worth ~120k.

And yeah, i'm not in a hurry really. I'm just enjoying my time.

:love:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I found a nice trade route bringing guns, liquor and animal meat between 3 different systems. :kwanzania:

Bradylama

Arcane
mercenary scum and your free eagles :x

Haven't played since beta 2 so it was a bit jarring having supercruise/hyperspace defaulted to only hyperspace. Fortunately the game kept all of my keybindings. :smug:

FYI there's a utility you can use that will allow you to play in borderless window mode.

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/tag/6.5

Just run the client, set it to Windowed in-game, then use the borderless button in the program to apply borderless windows.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lookie what I found!

78754612536387D6EFF4133D6F86E448C798A6D2

It's selling gold/silver/palladium dirt cheap! :D

2A4C702C88E73AFFEA2AA4D392AE95724F8CBFF8

Bradylama

Arcane
Just encountered an odd bug where I was trying to sell my exploration data and it emptied my credit balance. Just exit the cartographic menu and go back into it, you'll have the option to sell the data again and it eventually gave me my money back.

I have no idea what I'm doing in terms up upgrades and what not, but at least I'm not useless in a fight. Oh well, time to look up some tutorials and shizzle, because the piracy "privateering" train wants to leave the station and leave it soon!

Bradylama

Arcane
I'm not sure who to recommend it to at this point. The Gamma drops you in a random spot of space, and near as I can tell there's no way to effectively find war zones to earn combat vouchers. Scraping by in the early game by pointing your ship at unexplored objects and doing courier missions isn't very fun. At least when everybody started in Eranin there was a war right on your doorstep for zappin.

bonescraper

Tell me where you are, i'll bring you some good zappin.

05F5FA9FBDA1A7B2F7709F9C3311D66FAD387E3F

This is what smugglers transport these days.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Many bothan spies died to bring you those transmissions!

I've found a fair amount of sortie missions to kill ships. I'm flying in the Fed/Empire border region.

bonescraper

Brady expected Far Cry 3 and he got Arma III.

Use the force brain, Brady.

Bradylama

Arcane
Which is another problem for me. The galaxy map isn't very helpful at planning out long-distance routes, and the sidewinder has the second crappiest jump range in the game. I'm pretty much stuck in my corner of human space until I can upgrade to a hauler. Which means more exploration and courier missions.

:killit:

Mortmal

Arcane
Killing ships at nav beacon with the eagle is semi viable too. Also numerous ships interdicting are super easy to kill, not even shields on.Still its lot of grind to get something a bit more useful to fly.

bonescraper

You should have a Freagle Brady, you just don't know how to get it.

Go to the shipyard menu.

395EF60FF9CE31D164B05F4DFF6A4379FACF8E32

Go to the "ship locations" tab (it should show that you have (1) ship somewhere). Note where your Freagle is stored, go there, swap ships, 40,000 cr PROFIT!

Bradylama

Arcane
:lol: I thought the one "ship location" was for my sidewinder. I tried moving between the tabs but nothing seemed to work.

Edit:
For fuck's sake. My Eagle is in LTT 15449, but that system has multiple star ports and the shipyard screen doesn't tell me which starport it's in. It also tells me it's 292LS away but there's no port 292LS away from the one I'm docked in.

:dead:

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does flight assist off have a useful purpose? I get it that you can do fast spins with it, maybe you can travel backwards, but even in a fight, i cant see the usefullness. You guys use it often?

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Does flight assist off have a useful purpose? I get it that you can do fast spins with it, maybe you can travel backwards, but even in a fight, i cant see the usefullness. You guys use it often?
Mostly when docking or fighting, making fast spins as you said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom