Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Bradylama

Arcane
We aren't going backwards, it's just that providing broadband to the whole country isn't profitable, and the political culture is poisoned to any notion of turning the internet into a public utility. If you live in a high density zone then you are probably in a big enough market to have access to good internet.

Turjan

Arcane
How can this country be a superpower? Are they going to use abacus to count in a few years? Because it seems they are developing backwords in informatics technology?
Well, most countries are larger than Hungary. Those need more than one wireless tower.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
So, is there gonna be a wipe at the end of gamma, or they still ain't sure? :3 I want to know if I should bother playing now, or not really.

Looks like it's not 100% sure, so there might be a wipe, or they might as well leave players progress. Well, I'll just play a little then.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Gamma's out. Got a mission. Server's down. Can't play solo. r00fles!

Official forums are down too. "Web server under high load".

Mortmal

Arcane
I am tempted to play, but they cant give guarantee they wont wipe everything, even for keeping at least credits they dodge the question.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They popped the pill for Gamma though. Entire galaxy's available now and you start in a random system instead or Azeban Orbital.

DraQ

Arcane
Gamma's out. Got a mission. Server's down. Can't play solo. r00fles!

Official forums are down too. "Web server under high load".
Filthy pirate.
I am tempted to play, but they cant give guarantee they wont wipe everything, even for keeping at least credits they dodge the question.
IMO they did it ass backwards. They should have gone with free beta access and backers not having their progress wiped on going gold.

bonescraper

Exploration is now way more dangerous with all those interdictions and trigger-happy pirates around. But it also pays more. I scanned a star and 6 planets and i got 6k for that. Not bad.

I'm on my way to jump into my complimentary Eagle and i'll plot my course to Sol from there.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
On my 4th disconnect. Trying to get "south" to the imperial systems to check out their starports. I'm also thinking if I hit the rim of the empire, there's going to be interesting missions going between neighbouring empire/alliance/fed systems.

I've been keeping count on failed interdiction escapes/submissions. I'm at 22/22 of them being hostile ships that attacked immediately without scanning. :3

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We aren't going backwards, it's just that providing broadband to the whole country isn't profitable, and the political culture is poisoned to any notion of turning the internet into a public utility. If you live in a high density zone then you are probably in a big enough market to have access to good internet.
I get it, it is just strange to me that the government is not putting a higher stress on providing broadband and stable internet for everyone.
How can this country be a superpower? Are they going to use abacus to count in a few years? Because it seems they are developing backwords in informatics technology?
Well, most countries are larger than Hungary. Those need more than one wireless tower.
Sure, but they have million times more resources.

My eagle is 148 lightyears away, hah. I don't mind it though. I only ever dicked around with the tutorials so I need to edjufimicate myself in the art of escaping interdiction before I go too crazy.

bonescraper

Lol, thankfully, my Eagle was pretty close. Within 12 Ly from my starting point.

Yeah, I thought that there was something off about that. :P I might just wipe this save and start fresh once I'm properly acclimated.

I will say this though: The number of disconnects I've experienced has been close to legendary. I have no idea what's causing it either but it just keep dropping over and over again, even a simple task such as entering super cruise becomes a gamble. Heh... launch days.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The freegles are supposed to be in your starting system. They were patching that earlier

bonescraper

I had 1 disconnect so far, after that i wasn't able to log in for approximately 10-15 minutes. That's all :smug:

371A049D03EC5F4F42B318A518559AF34CA71567

7EBA512A3B1C193A94CD126715010CED077A0B2D

CC899BA5C4ADABF30230F697ED45122FFE3D5249

C919642E8752A903285568A9241D5729DFDF738B

04E8344D3F261B5CF39E758E8A0A9C4CE57FDC5B

54E0DD7CF185BF3C8F040C5602650CBA5EA10DC4

1 Orca? Already :o

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
connection seems to have stabilized. I'm flying around in the glorious empire for the last couple of hours. Can almost afford a cobra :3

praetor

Arcane
hahahahaha... so they couldn't even keep up their servers on "gamma day"?! wtf is gonna happen on launch day? will the load melt their homes? there goes the credibility of dumbfuck fanboys bonecrapper and jc and their inane arguments for always online. fuck you two for supporting that decision

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They were rocky just after launch, then stabilized after 2-3 hours Everything is running fine now and has for quite a while. Try harder. :3

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
hahahahaha... so they couldn't even keep up their servers on "gamma day"?! wtf is gonna happen on launch day? will the load melt their homes? there goes the credibility of dumbfuck fanboys bonecrapper and jc and their inane arguments for always online. fuck you two for supporting that decision
They opened up the whole galaxy for the public for the first time, of course it put a sudden huge load on the servers. But as Ulminati said, the situation was stabalized in a few hours.

I'm still flying around in my freeagle. I figured that even though I can afford something fancier I shouldn't really step into it before I become more familiar with the game. I can pew things quite well though, as an asshole in a Cobra found out earlier.

:smug:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I dipped my toe into the game this morning for the first time. Didn't do much, fiddled around in the menus, tried the first tutorial mission. But I'm already giggling inside, whenever I start the game. The game just *feels* right.

My very few seconds in the game was very comedic though. :) The throttle was set up in the controls menu in a way that when it was at 0% on the joystick, it was 100% in the game. So I'm sitting in the cockpit, starting first tutorial. Hitting launch in 3-2-1....and then my ship rocketed forward full speed ramming the stairways in front of me. :D Great job J_C.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom