Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

praetor

Arcane
afaik, "legacy" is on the old pre-Odyssey engine, and won't get any updates to the game world, or something, and i didn't quite understand if "Open" still works in there or whatever

no, they did not improve the game one iota in years. Odyssey just made things worse (which was obvious to anyone with at least one functioning neuron. how the fuck could "space legs" done by the same people who did the base game bring anything positive? only braindead fanboys could've been hyped). the non-legacy Horizon is just Horizon ported to the newer (shit) Odyssey engine. and they still haven't updated the game to the newest version of their Cobra engine which supposedly supports gfx features that have been standard for years now, like DLSS and shit. i mean, it still has AntiAliasing that's so bad it would've been classed as "abysmal" in 2001.

they just don't give a shit anymore (haven't for a long while now)

well, it matters little since for the first time since beta my hd is elite-free. the launcher sucks just too much, prone to freezes and bsods, it'd take me about 20 hours without ever touching the computer to download the whole game, but the launcher goes crazy every 3-4. in the end it corrupted its own installation beyond repair.
from today elite, my favourite game ever*, is dead to me.

*: well, actually elite 2 is, but the first is still its dad and has very important historical merits.

Victor1234

Educated
they just don't give a shit anymore (haven't for a long while now)

To be fair, their kickstarter raised over 1.5 million bucks back by end 2014. It'd be mighty tempting to shit out the bare minimum product and keep the rest.

Meanwhile, good studios that put out quality product but are shit at marketing go bust every day. RIP Longbow Games :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom