Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
^ Its 3 degrees of demand/supply for each good. Price varies from station to station. Fill up a station with good so they run out of demand, prices drop. Bunch of players on the same trade route ruined the profit margins in earlier betas. There's no scraper for beta3, so we don't see it to the same extent.

dshammer

Novice
Hope they fix that in the direction of a more complete economic model.

One of the things I always disliked about the old Elites was that it was so easy to make money via trading.

And by that I dont mean that they should reduce the general profitability of trading. But they should make it less dependent on the amount of time you spend on hauling and more on your creativity in constantly finding new trade routes, on your ability to exploit dynamic economic connections and on your willigness to constantly venture into more dangerous but also more profitable areas of space.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The real profit is in smuggling contraband in hi-sec systems. Until the police spot you, that is. :3

bonescraper

2hhjblx.jpg

I don't know what this is, but i want it.

:love:

Branm

Learned
It's... 'k.

There are a lot of carebear players out there who get upset if you kill them though.

Woah I now have a reason to play. Time to grief some fuckers!!! Aside from the meta gaming (all hail Pandemic Legion) receiving hate mail in Eve was one of the highlights of the game. Hopefully they let people send you messages lol

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I'd rather see them use release revenues on further polishing the game. Making more missions, ships, improving AI behaviour and bulletin/news system. FPS and planet landing can wait

Thane Solus

Arcane
I'd rather see them use release revenues on further polishing the game. Making more missions, ships, improving AI behaviour and bulletin/news system. FPS and planet landing can wait

Of couse they will do that, this was a PR video to let know players, that many interesting features are coming the future, also to troll Space Ships Online with Chris.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking hell, this is just annoying - charging extra for paint? https://store.zaonce.net/game-extras.html?p=3
What is the problem? This is mictrotransaction done right. The game doesn't have a subscription fee, how do you think they can get some money for the server upkeep?

Releases the 16th of December
So it's releasing 16th of Dec, but it's not necessarily content complete? (judging by the video)
The video is about their future plans, which could take a long time to implement. They never said that these features will be in the game at launch.

Since I never saw you in this thread, did you come here just to fake some rage?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking hell, this is just annoying - charging extra for paint? https://store.zaonce.net/game-extras.html?p=3
What is the problem? This is mictrotransaction done right. The game doesn't have a subscription fee, how do you think they can get some money for the server upkeep?
It's not entirely free to play either.
It is not. So...? The game has a huge MMO world, and I only have to buy the game once. I couldn't care less if they want to sell cosmetic stuff to get additional money.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
It is not. So...? The game has a huge MMO world, and I only have to buy the game once. I couldn't care less if they want to sell cosmetic stuff to get additional money.
They are releasing additional content as paid expansions, no?

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
They are releasing additional content as payed expansions, no?
I don't know. Ulminati ?

Anyway, they are fucking paintjobs, who cares if they want to get some money with it. After seeing what this game offers, this I can live together with.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
How can you get those national flag paint jobs anyway? Or maybe you cant? I don't see them in a shop.
+ as long as they'll have to offer something for every ship and you would be able to unlock some paint jobs without using real money, I'm cool with that.

bonescraper

They are releasing additional content as payed expansions, no?
I don't know. Ulminati ?
You didn't know that? Planetary landings, boarding etc. will come in paid expansions. That's why i bought a lifetime expansion pass for extra 40 oyro.

:smug:

I think someone's missing the point here though. This is a (partially) crowdfunded game. They don't have a publisher who shits out money for their projects. They are not going to kickstart every expansion now, but they need a steady revenue. That's fucking obvious to everyone with a funcional brain. They need money to make expansions and they need money to cover server costs. This is a game with optional single player, not the other way around. If you thought otherwise, you thought wrong.

How can you get those national flag paint jobs anyway? Or maybe you cant? I don't see them in a shop.
They were a limited offer. Though, unlike some other, more expensive paint jobs (Wirefeframe Cobra, Chrome Viper) i expect them to reappear at some point again.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's... 'k.

There are a lot of carebear players out there who get upset if you kill them though.

Woah I now have a reason to play. Time to grief some fuckers!!! Aside from the meta gaming (all hail Pandemic Legion) receiving hate mail in Eve was one of the highlights of the game. Hopefully they let people send you messages lol

You wll never grief anyone in this game, if you want to carebear, you can just play the solo version of the game wich is the same thing with udated prices according the live servers. The only pvp you will see is likely consensual dogfighting in some systems, eventually maybe some factional warfare. I dont see any reason to go to the multiplayer server if you want to trade or do pve .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom