Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 4 announced

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Malakal, have you ever played chess online? The pause between turns is kind of like that. I'm not talking blitz chess or those silly versions. Either online(which often have 24hr timers), or even tournament rules with games lasting multiple hours.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting and thinking about a turn in a strategy game. Hell, back in the old-school days of those huge War in the Pacific "boardgames", one "game" could last a year or more.

It works fine.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Days per turn MP certainly works. There are more than 50 game on llamaserver right now. Every game i joined got finished. It's just that I for one completely loose interest after 5 days and sometimes i get intoxicated and then also forget about it. Still there is nothing better than D4. So i play it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Right, you guys are entitled to your opinion and if you like this type of mp do enjoy it. For me its shit and I am not going to buy this game even tho I really like how it *could* be played with many players.

I prefer civ4 and simultaneous turns of some kind. Good and easy rules to follow, one evening per game. Sweet spot.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Takes more time to setup, there are more time constraints... etc. Besides, no one said that there isn't any people doing it. On the writeup that Noodles posted on the page before they're playing a blitz game.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
It's p easy to set-up, you just have to run two instances of the game as the host. But yes, the time constraint is what gets a lot of people, even doing it that way, games can take more than a couple nights to complete.

necromancer at work.

given the absence of an extended demo, i need to ask: is dom4 a worthy upgrade from the previous one or i could happily live with dom3?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Given the lower price, availability and constant support, put your goddamn jewgold to it!

EDIT: You're allowed to smuggle it from russia or wait for a discount price.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I guess low dominion rainbows with okay scales could be a thing now, with the new dominion spread update.

how can you even play this, let alone enjoy it?
"you have 76 idle commanders". tell me where the fuck they are!!!

because simply highlighting regions with idle commanders and commanders themselves was too hard.

not counting inconsistent and scattered commands, and absence of diplomacy ai, and lack of buildings, and uninteresting research...
all this game has is watching combats, which is pretty awesome, but still nowhere near to qualify it as a 4x. it has barely 1 x.

"N" is not going to save it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom