Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Ramireza

Savant
Maybe they sell 15 mio copies, and the "big 3" give us the RPG´s we deserve since years now.
That's not gonna happen. It's not even matching Shadowrun Returns when it comes to concurrent players.

Ah damm! ;)

Maybe 7 mio copies then...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they sell 15 mio copies, and the "big 3" give us the RPG´s we deserve since years now.
That's not gonna happen. It's not even matching Shadowrun Returns when it comes to concurrent players.

Current Players Peak Today Game

1,408 3,145 Shadowrun Returns
6,343 13,873 Divinity: Original Sin

Good old Roguey, pulling shit out of his ass as usual.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Shadowrun Returns' release price was $11.99 (with discount), in comparison D:OS is $39.99.

Anyway in terms of sales, I wish this game sell shit tons of copies.

More I play this game, more I crave “the very big RPG that will dwarf them all.”

Ramireza

Savant

Wait a minute, if numbers are from today then it didnt realy means that much. Or is the peak the "all time" peak?

Weasel
It's clearly not going to sell 15 million copies but I think DOS should get a decent boost from reviews and youtube channels - apart from being a great game it also has some rather unique aspects which will generate publicity.

Then there's also future discounting and sales. Hope they do very well and I think they will.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
He's butthurt that now that the Kickstarter incline is here, people will stop paying attention to ascended mediocrity, aka Twitcher and games by Josh Sawyer.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Battering Ram is pretty great. My cleric and my wizard both rock. Henchmen kinda suck though - I have to work what there is, and what there is is pretty subpar for my purposes. I wish I could customize their skills when hiring them.

ColCol

Arcane
Fuck, I want to buy/play this but I'm need to save monies for a bit. someone buy me a copy. Think of all the 1 dollar bundles games I gave you fucks in the begging thread.

Mortmal

Arcane
No. 1 on Steam Top Sellers list. :obviously:

Been number 1 seller on steam for nearly 2 days now, hasn't drop that postion since release. Never expected to do this well.
I think the MetaCritic thing turned out useful for once, user reviews climbing to 9 despite that one dumbfuck should keep people curious.

Everyone here should write a rewiew or at least vote on metacritic to compensate the dumbfuck. Think what you want of metacritic but before buying a game its a good idea to look at users score , its in our interest that this game sells a lot to encourage larian to start working on DOS 2 .

Arkeus

Arcane
Oh hey, i spy a Mod subforum in Larian forum :D :D :D

Incidentally, i just killed that character with the corpse, and it is becoming more and more apparent that a well-geared Melee is EXTREMELY powerful. Madora is my MVP.

EDIT: Roguey Josh said anything about D:Os yet?

Angthoron

Arcane
No. 1 on Steam Top Sellers list. :obviously:

Been number 1 seller on steam for nearly 2 days now, hasn't drop that postion since release. Never expected to do this well.
I think the MetaCritic thing turned out useful for once, user reviews climbing to 9 despite that one dumbfuck should keep people curious.

Everyone here should write a rewiew or at least vote on metacritic to compensate the dumbfuck. Think what you want of metacritic but before buying a game its a good idea to look at users score , its in our interest that this game sells a lot to encourage larian to start working on DOS 2 .
Yeah, pretty much this. It's nice that we've voted with our money and got an awesome result, but in our own interests we should get others to vote with their cash as well, this game deserves as much attention as possible.

ZoddGuts

Augur
All KS backers have gotten the Source Hunter DLC. Which would explain the 1.2 GB update this morning. The talking Trunks and Grail items should be in your inventory.

eNrEPlx.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyone levelled up their Wayfarer yet? Any idea how the spider pet scales (so far it's fantastic but I suspect tougher mobs will just squash it). And how useful is the Pet Pal talent, have I made a horrible mistake to choose it?

I'd like to know some tips about very useful/extremelly useless talents and spells in general.
Don't worry, Spidey scales to your level. I cleared half of map (close to lvl 10) and he is still a nice summon, esp with buffs.
But I also got elemental summons who are a bit more interesting (they share all the similarities with elemental spells).
And you can always "forget" skills and change them for something else.

Pet Pal much lulz gives and even quests I think (I had real quests with animals and a lot of funny banters but not sure if it's Pet Pal)

Ice elemental + buff for +50% damage = up to 450 damage on fire mobs in burning church.

Witch book is underwhelming, it's like playing Shadowrun with only boring debuffs. You'd think developers would learn how to make proper curse-characters after Diablo 2. I am waiting for her skeleton summon.

All elemental trees (Geo/Pyro/Water/Air) are super awesome. Ranger is awesome too.
So far my favorite spell is Geo's ROCK. It's like Nox. Freeze em and make HUG BOULDER come from the sky. LOVE

Ppl who play warriors/rogues/rangers should at least get a Witch+a little Pyro in their party (+50% damage, cheap Blind and Haste).

Imo the weakest part about combat in game is AI - it is stupid enough to aggro on summons while ignoring everything else. Really easy to break him.
This game... made me wonder how much I would like PoE. Sure PoE will have strong writing and setting but... also static world and probably nothing as deadly and fun as DOS dance with the elements.
Also, DOS doesn't have any modern crutches for combat. It really plays like a good old damn focking RPG. It has so many ways to die and if you die, you die, either use res scroll or it's TPK > reload.
I love how no-bullshit this game is, and how many encounters, mobs and even traps, are so deviously designed.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How come there are still no critic reviews save for that one from mmorpg.com?

A person on Neogaf mentioned that review codes were apparently only sent out two days ago (on the release day). So it'll take some time.

(The mmorpg review is that of the beta, I believe.)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
J_C SRR's release day peak was 24,242.

http://steamcharts.com/app/234650
Well DOS is not even out for a full day, and had less exposure than SRR.

Wait a minute, if numbers are from today then it didnt realy means that much. Or is the peak the "all time" peak?
Roguey being dumb again for not making clear what he is talking about (current day or all-time numbers). I wrote today's numbers, but he clearly meant all-time.
Also, I'm not a future teller, but I bet that DOS will be around 5-10 K every day, while SRR had one 22K peak, and only 1-2K after that/day.

Black

Arcane
Serious reviewers? :D
Anyway, that CE soundtrack isn't even the full soundtrack- it doesn't have many tracks, such as that one battle theme that makes my dick hard. The fuck, Larian?

Arkeus

Arcane
Witch book is underwhelming, it's like playing Shadowrun with only boring debuffs. You'd think developers would learn how to make proper curse-characters after Diablo 2. I am waiting for her skeleton summon.
The Witch' LVL1 buff also applies to spells, which make it stupidly strong for spellcasters. I also heard /very/ good things about the witches higher spells.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom