Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Arkeus

Arcane
There is only one big problem with steam. Me and my brother can't play with games in the same time. Fuck Gaben with this bullshit. Back in the day when I bought a game, I could install it on both of our PC and play.
This doesn't apply for D:OS, where you can install D:OS on steam, uninstall steam and continue to play (just make a shortcut to the actual game.exe). Then just copy the folder of the game to the other computer (or install it with steam there too).

Of course, it's /nicer/ to buy two versions of the game if you play it on co-op.

Black

Arcane
The game is stuttering for me. It auto detected ultra, and I should be able to run ultra smoothly (12 GB RAM, 2GB NVIDIA Card) but it isn't. I reduced it to High but it is still stuttering, although somewhat reduced. Easily playable, but v. annoying. Anyone know if it is an optimization issue? Strange part is the beta ran smoothly at ultra.

pakoito Teleport seems sucky to me, yeah you can open chests and auto pickup shit from a distance, which is cool, but in combat you just toss an enemy to the ground. You can't really have fun with it by teleporting yourself around. Why do you like it?

Anyone know if Pet Pal talent is worth it?

How do you get the editor to work? From the ingame menu?
Guy, my rogue teleports important enemies to himself so he can unleash beautiful backstabs.
By the way, damage from Daggers Drawn (or whatever it's called) and Guerilla stack, so you can have pretty much a one hit kill with that.

Arkeus

Arcane
Btw, ForkTong , i know you are probably busy as a madman, but it should probably be a good idea to add a "Mod" subforum in the Larian D:OS forums sooner rather than later, as it will probably help like-minded people throw out ideas. Likewise for a 'Technical Help' and "Original Campaign" one, as currently 'General' is more or less "whatever we think of".

Mirage

Educated
BTW:

Lone wolf trait is actually lone wolf or just 2 people without companions ?

You lose the possibility to get a companion with the character that have the lone wolf trait enabled, say you chose to enable "lone wolf" on Rodrick, he will not be able to have a companion but Scarlett will, so you will basically get 3 party members instead of 4. If you chose to enable the trait on both of your characters than you won't get any companion at all.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Divinity: Original Sin: The first RPG with rat diplomacy.

rat_diplomacy.jpg

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm a retard, but where do I get the modding tool? Is it out yet? How does one acquire it?
Go in steam, click on Library => Tools => Divinity Engine.

EDIT:
Crafting recipes:
- Spell Book = Magical Ink and Quill + Blank Elemental Skill Book
- Blank Elemental Scroll = Blank Sheet of Paper + Any Elemental Essence
- Feather = Pillow + Any Knife
- Quill = Feather + Any Knife
- Ink Pot and Quill = Ink Pot + Quill
- Magic Ink Pot and Quill = Pot and Quill + Pixie Dust
- Dwarven Stew = Spot of Dinner + Mug of Beer
- Mug of Beer = Mug + Beer Barrel
- A Spot of Dinner = Any Piece of Meat + Cooking Pot
- Wizard Robe = Cloth Scraps + Magic Needle and Thread
- Magic Needle and Thread = Pixie Dust + Needle and Thread
- Armour with Elemental Resistance = Ruby + Any Piece of Armour
- Scale Armour = Metal Scraps + Mail Armour
- Leather Armour = Leather Scraps + Cloth Armour
- Leather Scraps = Animal Hide + Any Knife
- Cloth Armour = Cloth Scraps + Needle and Thread
- Pumpkin Helmet = Pumpkin + Any Knife
- Silver Arrow = Silver Arrowhead + Arrow Shaft
- Silver Arrowhead = Silver + Anvil
- Arrow Shaft = Wooden Branch + Any Knife
- Bone Dust = Skull + Mortar and Pestle
- Healing Potion = Penny Bun Mushroom + Empty Potion
- Invisibility Potion = Armour Potion + Air Resistance Potion
- Resist All Potion = Fire Resistance Potion + Earth Resistance potion
- Telekinesis Potion = Drudanae + Resist All Potion
- Stick With Nails = Wooden Branch + Nine Inch Nails
- Crossbow Stock and Limb = Wooden Branch + Steel
- Functional Crossbow = Crossbow Stock and Limb + Bowstring
- Antler Helmet = Leather Cap + Magic Antler
- Soup = Pumpkin + Cooking Pot

BTW how do we cook? I have got so many pizzas and breads(and some raw meat) ready to cook but can't place them on fires. Burning ground or shooting them with fireball don't work either :)

Mirage

Educated
BTW how do we cook? I have got so many pizzas and breads(and some raw meat) ready to cook but can't place them on fires. Burning ground or shooting them with fireball don't work either :)
  1. Get a cooking pot
  2. Find a campfire
  3. Put your ingredients inside the cooking pot
  4. Put the cooking pot on the campfire
  5. Enjoy your meal :p

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
  1. Get a cooking pot
  2. Find a campfire
  3. Put your ingredients inside the cooking pot
  4. Put the cooking pot on the campfire
  5. Enjoy your meal :p
So...like in real life? Mind blown! :D

Visperas

Augur
Finally got the 1.2 gb update; took you long enough, steam/larian!
Yup, mine is downloading at the moment. Also, the DLC showed up in my game files.

Do you have the trunks or potion on your inventory now?

Also, I'm still in Cyseal so haven't done much combat yet, is the normal difficulty enough for a seasoned tactician? Is hard too unforgiving? What difficult settings are you using?

Turjan

Arcane
Do you have the trunks or potion on your inventory now?
Well, I guess they are in the current download, as the DLC still says "not installed". It mentions the trunks and other stuff though.

Answermancer

Educated
I haven't played much yet but so far it's been fun, even though it abuses my fake-OCD something awful.

One of my chars is a rogue and I've been abusing dialogue distractions to pickpocket everyone and now steal everything... and I just realized that the starting rogue invisibility spell makes it so that I can sneak right in front of people... so I just stole all the paintings from the painter in the middle of the market from in front of his face. Poor little guy. Maybe I'll sell them back to him.

So far my biggest annoyance is the tiny ability bar (I have a big monitor, 9 slots and then you make me flip between them by pressing tiny little buttons? really?) and lack of dedicated "weapon sets" so that I can swap between ranged and melee weapons on the fly. I can put them on the ability bar but:
A. The bar is tiny like I said
B. It takes 2 slots for sword+shield (and 4 AP instead of 2 but I suppose I can live with that).

I wish you could just activate more bars on the screen like (gasp!) MMOs or like Tome 4 which I've been playing lately and which lets me have two giant rows of hotkeys at the bottom of the screen. I don't care if it doesn't look pretty. MMX had this same extremely annoying issue.

Gord

Arcane
While I still don't see DLC, at least the trunks and the goblet now show up in my inventory. Progress!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Maybe they sell 15 mio copies, and the "big 3" give us the RPG´s we deserve since years now.
That's not gonna happen. It's not even matching Shadowrun Returns when it comes to concurrent players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom