Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News David Gaider Complains about "Increasingly Toxic" Fan Feedback

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Links? I wasn't anywhere near active on their boards at the time, but I'm damn sure they never announced anything of the kind. BG1 was highly lauded because the minimal NPC personalities were still miles beyond what rpg gamers expected out of party NPCs, namely serving as mules and cannon fodder. To take that and claim that a significant portion wanted imagined relationships molded into terribly fleshed out dialogs is ludicrous.
RPG gamers who didn't play Fallout, Fallout 2 and Ultima VII, you mean?

Xavier0889

Learned
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/15/d...ld-lend-itself-towards-their-objectification/

“I dislike the idea of every character being sexually available to the player,” Gaider admitted. “Not that it cheapens them, necessarily, but it would lend itself towards their objectification. Take the first Witcher game, for instance—I enjoyed many things about that game, but the collectible sex card mechanic? Ultimately it rendered every female character in the game into a puzzle to be solved … As soon as the player is aware it’s possible, you are in fact encouraging them towards a certain type of behavior.”

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You'd be surprised how much influence a handful of people can have. :jew:

He knows what he is talking about.

RPG Codex Staff

JEW-HASBARAT.jpg

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, how many xenobytes would it take to shred gaider?
That is the question.
Not unlike the tootsie roll pop, but really I think more than three.

Larendav

Educated
I think being caked with blood because you just recently had to slice your way through a bunch of enemies with a tiny knife is perfectly fine. Engaging in these kind of monotonous "dialogs", however, while you're still caked with blood, with everybody acting as if it's perfectly fine and nothing to take note of, looks demonstrably retarded. Here it looks especially bad, with shiny clean clothes splattered by tiny droplets of blood, as if you were recently used as a spit-bucket at the local dentistry. Why couldn't the clothes just be slightly stained with soaked up blood patches, dirt and worn from days of travel? Take a page from Quake 2 era games or something, sheesh.
The kiddos love blawd, so BioWare gives them edgy gore. But in all seriousness, if BioWare really wanted to do the blood stain gimmick, they should've taken inspiration from BioForge's damage system.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Mmmmrrrrrowwwwl? Isn't that what some girls say when they find something sexy? At least in the movies? Men are usually more like YO MAN THAT"S HOT.
Guess he's not cisgendered or something.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, but now I have a question about the post he was quoting. I don't seem to be able to understand Biowaritis. What does he mean?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom