Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News David Gaider Complains about "Increasingly Toxic" Fan Feedback

scrambles

Educated
What bugged me was how all the characters in Dragon Age looked as if they were slathered in Vaseline 24/7

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
33ytg9g.jpg

Why did Rex feel as if he needed to assign a revision number to this? :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Of coruse, the chart is largely bullshit and needs to stetch lots of the definitions to meet the qualifcations for the various categories. R00fles!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I admit that I finally finished DA:O over the holidays. Though only thanks to extensive modding. You can see that it had some potential, that was then wasted thanks to the shitty engine - does it use tweaked Aurora?, shitty-to-mediocre writing that never made me chuckle or really impress me, awful animation and texturing - though modders have somewhat fixed that, and - above all - crap mechanics that were initially hidden from the player (seriously, I had to get a mod that would show me the damage-formulas for the different spells and abilities) coupled with ridiculously slim gallery of monsters employed in mostly utterly retarded encounters. I mostly just slugged it through, just to say that I've finally done it. Neither the story, nor the loot (which was a clusterfuck as well), nor the combat worked as a carrot to keep me playing.

I cannot imagine what sort of people could play it through several times.

Anyway, Gaider can eat cocks. He dugs his grave, he gets to lie in it. No point in complaining.

It's called "the Eclipse Engine". According to Anthony Davis, both the Eclipse engine and the Aurora engine are in fact modified versions of the Infinity Engine. Yes, the Infinity Engine.

Eh, that's not saying much. Twitcher also supposedly used the Aurora engine as heavily promoted on the packaging even to get the Biofags to bite when in reality only the scripting mechanisms and a few other things were left from that engine and the majority was built up from scratch. Just cause some part of some old engine is used in successor ones doesn't really make it a 'modified' version of it. Eclipse certainly has a lot of Aurora, but very little of Infinity. That's like saying the F-15 fighter is a modified version of the PC because it has a Intel 286 processor in it.

Zeriel

Arcane
I admit that I finally finished DA:O over the holidays. Though only thanks to extensive modding. You can see that it had some potential, that was then wasted thanks to the shitty engine - does it use tweaked Aurora?, shitty-to-mediocre writing that never made me chuckle or really impress me, awful animation and texturing - though modders have somewhat fixed that, and - above all - crap mechanics that were initially hidden from the player (seriously, I had to get a mod that would show me the damage-formulas for the different spells and abilities) coupled with ridiculously slim gallery of monsters employed in mostly utterly retarded encounters. I mostly just slugged it through, just to say that I've finally done it. Neither the story, nor the loot (which was a clusterfuck as well), nor the combat worked as a carrot to keep me playing.

I cannot imagine what sort of people could play it through several times.

Anyway, Gaider can eat cocks. He dugs his grave, he gets to lie in it. No point in complaining.

This was my impression of it too (minus the mods, played both it and the "expansion" right about when they came out). I wasn't sure what to make of people saying that Bioware had returned to form, they prepped me with all this talk of a BG2 spiritual successor, then delivered a NWN1 clone without the merits of NWN's multiplayer and module system. Oh, and you don't miss D&D until you get a game that has all the blandness of D&D with none of its cachet and warm familiarity.

Thanks for making me miss Neverwinter fucking Nights, Bioware! That's an accomplishment in the surreal if nothing else.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Vaseline and Blood.
Why does it make me uncomfortable when you say it like that?

PS: Waywardone already ruined my pun about the "fucking game". I'll just pretend Kz3r0 didn't ruin this one.
PPS: Jaesun I didn't see any reaction from you to Bio's gay planet thingy. I'm curious. Did you answer? Link perhaps? (Please)
PPPS: NWN was bad, but especially with all the modules and HotU it was definately worth buying. I wouldn't say that for KotOR, JE or ME (or DAO). I'm squarely with Volly here.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Eh, that's not saying much. Twitcher also supposedly used the Aurora engine as heavily promoted on the packaging even to get the Biofags to bite when in reality only the scripting mechanisms and a few other things were left from that engine and the majority was built up from scratch. Just cause some part of some old engine is used in successor ones doesn't really make it a 'modified' version of it. Eclipse certainly has a lot of Aurora, but very little of Infinity. That's like saying the F-15 fighter is a modified version of the PC because it has a Intel 286 processor in it.
Witcher feels very much like Aurora when it comes to how it handles creatures, areas, the lack of room-over-room, combat, etc. The renderer's all theirs, but Bioware also rewrote/added to their renderer multiple times as well.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hopefully like this:

hellraiser-puzzle-box-chains.jpg

The box of romances Mr. Gaider, you opened it, we came. Waifus, male and female ones. "It's just a stupid box!" Gaider yeels, "Who are you? ". Explorers of juvenile intercourse, biodrones to some, beautiful deviantart angels to others. "It was a mistake, I didn't meant to open it. Please, go away and leave me alone!". We can't Mr. Gaider, not when you opened the box. We came, now you must come with us, taste our pleasures. [David Gaider declining scream of fear]

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

Moribund

A droglike
We already knew how it started, but is the way you use it substantially the same? There's no reason to change file IO routines but do you use the lame scripting system that's in BG?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom