Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 confirmed rushed.

Xi

Arcane
Wow! Those developers need to shut the fuck up! They are so wrong, it is disgusting. The gaming community owes them nothing! We are their customers, after all. They owe us everything. That's the way it works if you want our money.

All this really does is reinforce piracy. The customer is always right, and the minute you question that, you create another pirate. lol

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... /6459941/1

This guy got banned, and his game account shut off for making critical comments about his dislike for the game! Another pirate was born.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"They owe us everything."

What they did to him was wrong, but they owe us shit other than the game we buy.

if you steal, you are shit.

Xi

Arcane
Volourn said:
"They owe us everything."

What they did to him was wrong, but they owe us shit other than the game we buy.

if you steal, you are shit.

When I purchase something, all I owe them is my money. As a developer, they owe me the advertised experience that was promised. If I do not feel like the experience lives up to the hype, I have every right to speak about it. If speaking out makes the software I purchased unplayable, I sure as hell am not going to purchase games from said company.

Why do we give these companies so much power over us? They are industry mammoths. They don't need your protection Volourn.

By your own logic, they are shit. They stole the money spent on software that does not work.

Dele

Liturgist
8jokZ.jpg

Jools said:
ok, is there anyone at bioware who is not fat?

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Fat lady who is a writer. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Maybe if they spent less time eating and more developing, they could pull off something half-assedly decent.

onslO.jpg

J1M

Arcane
Black Bart Charley said:
Jools said:

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Maybe if they spent less time eating and more developing, they could pull off something half-assedly decent.

onslO.jpg
THAT"S WILLIAM WALLACE< SENIOR GAME DESIGNER!

Black Bart Charley said:
Jools said:

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

onslO.jpg

The lamp called. It wants its fucking LIGHTBULB back!

That or a Zeta Reticulan in human disguise.

The only problem I have with Bioware being destroyed because of this horrid abortion called DA2, is that they are one of the major RPG making companies in the industry.

Haha...

What are you on about? It will be, if anything, an incline. Other companies will hopefully take note of what happens when you go too far. And indy devs will keep on trucking.

Captain Shrek

Blackadder said:
The only problem I have with Bioware being destroyed because of this horrid abortion called DA2, is that they are one of the major RPG making companies in the industry.

Haha...

What are you on about? It will be, if anything, an incline. Other companies will hopefully take note of what happens when you go too far. And indy devs will keep on trucking.

I love Indie devs. Where's the monies at though?

circ

Arcane
Ok cherry picking.
Captain Shrek said:

If they die it can be interpreted by the market that RPG is dead and then NO ONE will cater to our taste.
RPG making companies? They make repetitive actiony adventure games with occasional neglectable stats and romances that would feel out of place in a teen novel aimed at monkeys. BG was a fluke, and not that amazing a fluke anyway. Linear areas? Check. Recycled group mates? Check. Maybe this post would have made more sense at Bioboards.
Captain Shrek said:
Someone must bring it to Bioware's notice that there is a substantive fan base that will buy their games if they return to their root. That the real problem is the RPG part and not their poor 'development cycle'. With a survey or petition with proof of strength of numbers or something.
WHAT ROOT? Baldur's Gate? Jade Empire? Dragon... Age: Origins? Are you fucking serious?

DraQ

Arcane
Captain Shrek said:
Faggots like Bioware may be destroyed and their ashes spread across seven deserts and I would gladly use the residue for fertilizers.

If they die it can be interpreted by the market that RPG is dead and then NO ONE will cater to our taste.

No. If they die, there will be a lot of room for minor companies, indies and upstarts. Ones that have little enough to lose to get adventurous with the formula, and whose creativity haven't been stifled by fucking committees. And if it's interpreted as RPG market being dead, it only means that it will take some serious balls and a bit of craziness to actually want to get in the field - qualities current mainstream gaming industry sorely lacks.

In the very worst case scenario (which is very unlikely) cRPGs will get reborn out of another genre possibly resulting in some awesome ideas in addition to reinventing the wheel, solely because if you come from a different direction, you will stumble upon different stuff on your way here.

Someone must bring it to Bioware's notice that there is a substantive fan base that will buy their games if they return to their root.
Bioware is not the root of cRPGs and good cRPGs are not exactly the root of Bioware. BG1 was mediocre game with many atrocious elements and it also had shitty copypasted rooms.

EDIT: With their feedback coming from Biodrones who are confirmed retards, its only going to become worse.
Good. It has to become worse before it can get better.

a budda

Arbiter
:violin:
I want another slice of rhubarb tart
I want another lovely slice
I'm not disparaging the blueberry pie
But rhubarb tart is oh-so-very nice
A rhubarb what? A rhubarb tart
A what-barb tart? A rhu-barb tart
The principles of modern philosophy
Were postulated by Descartes
Discarding everything he wasn't certain of
He said, "I think therefore I am rhubarb tart"
Rene who? Rene Descartes
Poor mutt, he thought he was a rhubarb tart
Rhubarb tart has fascinated all the poets
Especially the Immortal Bard
He made Richard the Third call out at Bosworth Field
"My kingdom for a slice of rhubarb tart"
Immortal what? Immortal tart
Rhubarb what? A rhubarb Bard
As rhymes go that is really pretty bad
Since Wassily Kandinsky and Paul Klee
Laid down the axioms of abstract art
Even Jackson Pollock and Piet Mondrain
Prefer to paint a slice of rhubarb tart
Wassi who? A Wassi-ly
Kandin who? A Kandin-sky
And how he get in there for a start?
Read all the existentialist philosophers
Like Schopenhauer and Jea-Paul Sarte
Even Martin Heidegger agreed on one thing
Eternal happiness is rhubarb tart
Jean-Paul who? Jean Paul Sarte
That sounds just like a rhyme from Lionel Barte
I want another lovely slice
I'm not disparaging the blueberry pie
But rhubarb tart is oh-so-very nice

gromit

Arcane
Garrison Keillor said:
Be-bop, a rhu-barb, rhubarb, rhubarb;
be-bop a rhubarb, uh-rhubarb pie.
As in, this thread is now about. As well as poor Keillor imitations. Behold:

It's a great tradition in any dirty, rocky place - there are many in these United States, and just all around, really, but anyway in places it's become sort of a tradition to grow rhubarb. This tradition, like all traditions before or since, came about simply because, well, if it works, then it sticks, doesn't it? In this case the sticks were naturally flavorful, not to mention a fine source of fiber. And they grew just about damn near anywhere, and they're just about the meanest, most rugged little shoots that ever, well, shot, out of the ground. So even if you don't have a garden, you just grow some rhubarb, and it's easy to do, so Mom and Dad and the kids can all participate - not that there's a whole lot of participation, you mostly just leave it to its business and it grows merrily along. So everyone grows rhubarb, but - now get this - but with the implicit understanding that there is really only one thing you can do with the stuff. And that's make pie.

Nael

Arcane
In a perfect world EA will eventually close Bioware's doors and Gaider will be sent to work in the mines, writing dialogue for their sports games.

deuxhero

Arcane
Work? Nah, I hear instant noodle diets really help with your weight.

How many copies did they sell so far and what was their requirement? I saw Amazon had it among the top 5 most ordered on all platforms, but I hope it wasn't enough.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The rpg is a dying genre kids. Devs for years have been pointing out that they generally don't sell well enough to justify the extensive development they need. We'll get some arpg's with some C&C and some might even be nice but the time of games like Planescape: Torment and Fallout are long behind us. Wishing shitty devs to go bankrupt won't make the rpg genre rise again gloriously. It will just be another nail in its coffin.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Black Bart Charley said:
Jools said:

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

onslO.jpg

Ok, so you posted the pic of some inbred 15yo hillbilly...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom