Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 confirmed rushed.

Nomnoming through a smoked meat poutine right abou
Pelvis Knot said:
Longwinded & Pretty said:
Dear god please tell me that it was.... you know what, I don't if it was the mods or fansheep that took that stance (probably both), that's just plain batpoopy retarded. Funny how in anywhere else on the internet you can hear complaints, and at times constructive commentary, on bugs here and there, yet Bioware's little corner responds to 'Hey, it goes nuts if I do this' with a quick 'well, duhh, stop doing that then!'

Steve Jobs popularized this attitude with his "You're holding it wrong" answer to iphone4 antenna problems.

As much as I would like to comment on the overblown nature of that specific issue, I feel the need to commend you on your comparison of Apple and Bioware's respective herds.

Well played good sir, yes indeedy.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
racofer said:
Even unfinished, KotOR2 shits all over DA2.

I completely agree and that is sad when you consider how unfinished KotoR2 was.

mcx7pj.png

You have to be kidding. What sort of sycophants can bear posting on boards that have types like this? No wonder the moron fled from the Codex. I can see him ranting and raving as he closed the Codex webpage for the last time, hurling a tea cup against a wall.

"How dare they insult an artiste!"

823187-gaider_large.jpg

And Mr Woo....that fellow really needs a good enema I think. Which orifice is the question.

stan-woo.jpg

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Gaider is right, it wasn't rushed. Plenty of good games have had short dev cycles. The problem is they're just utterly talentless.

End of line.

circ

Arcane
Stop the lies. It was all EA's fault. Do you remember Dragon Age Origins? That's right. Remember the amazing characters -- Alistair and Zevran in particular, the voice overs, the artwork, the funny -- yet realistic oversized shoulder plates, the music -- that was only enhanced when Leliana of all people started singing, the epic enthralling combat -- that I thought was a little too hard, if I may critique it a bit, the very original skills, the original setting, the highly detailed graphics that are still about 25 years ahead of their time. I mean, these are masters of their genre, now scarred by the meddling money grubbers from EA. RIP BioWare, you were the last herald of true RPG's.

Angthoron

Arcane
curry said:
NO SHIT it was rushed. BioWare deserves the Disappointment of the Year Award. :decline:

What disappointment? So far it's delivered in spades.

...Oh wait, did you expect it to not be a shitty game?

DragoFireheart

circ said:
Stop the lies. It was all EA's fault. Do you remember Dragon Age Origins? That's right. Remember the amazing characters -- Alistair and Zevran in particular, the voice overs, the artwork, the funny -- yet realistic oversized shoulder plates, the music -- that was only enhanced when Leliana of all people started singing, the epic enthralling combat -- that I thought was a little too hard, if I may critique it a bit, the very original skills, the original setting, the highly detailed graphics that are still about 25 years ahead of their time. I mean, these are masters of their genre, now scarred by the meddling money grubbers from EA. RIP BioWare, you were the last herald of true RPG's.

Obsidian Entertainment.

Angthoron

Arcane
DragoFireheart said:
circ said:

Obsidian Entertainment.

Bro fail at sarcasm detect.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
ok, is there anyone at bioware who is not fat?

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Fat lady who is a writer. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Maybe if they spent less time eating and more developing, they could pull off something half-assedly decent.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jools said:

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Maybe if they spent less time eating and more developing, they could pull off something half-assedly decent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The "I want a sandwich" line makes much more sense now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why they let the developers post on the forums I'll never know. Who would buy a game from those douche bags? The whole 'I'm a developer and you can't possibly understand the process' is a lame -- and quite simply false -- argument.

Just take a look at what Wolfire is doing with Overgrowth. A developer can easily explain the development process and problematic issues if they choose to do so instead of hide their incompetence behind the cloak of 'ooooooooooooooooo I'm a developer, we have special powers you cannot possibly comprehend!'

DragoFireheart

Angthoron said:
DragoFireheart said:
circ said:

Obsidian Entertainment.

Bro fail at sarcasm detect.

Eh, it could easily pass as a Biotard fan.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Begriffenfeldt said:
Gaider is right, it wasn't rushed. Plenty of good games have had short dev cycles. The problem is they're just utterly talentless.

End of line.

That was my opinion as well.

circ

Arcane
Jools said:

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Casey Hudson. Though he may be adopted.
DragoFireheart said:
Eh, it could easily pass as a Biotard fan.
Commencing infiltration.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
Jools said:

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Now lets look over to Obsidian.

Uhmmmmm, hot chicks, passable dudes, MCA and Sawyer

ChrisAvellone.jpg

308341-josh_eric_sawyer_super.jpg

LOOK AT THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE TO BIOWARES MEATSQUAD

Yeah, there is Feargus but he is still not as fat as Bioware. Not to mention hes chubby in the good, bro way.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
Jools said:

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

"I'm hungry."

torpid

Liturgist
Trash said:
Even Alpha Protocoll shits all over DA2. Hell, I have a hard time thinking of a recent (a)rpg that doesn't defecate all over it.

You can't compare a game to other games -- judge it on its own merits.

There is a huge difference, in my opinion, between actually comparing DA2 to Alpha Protocol and saying, for argument's sake, that DA2 is the worst RPG since Alpha Protocol, which, frankly, says nothing at all.

Source

curry said:
NO SHIT it was rushed. BioWare deserves the Disappointment of the Year Award. :decline:

Disappointment? Because you were expecting a good game? Everything pointed to it being a consolized hack job.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
curry said:

How can a sequel to DA:O disappoint?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom