Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
sneak system seems somewhat glitched. two examples:
1. when infiltrating the detroit gang's compound at the Pit some guards (the sharpshooter specifically who can see through walls now) react for no goddamn reason

There was a hole between meshes (since time immemorial), but since now he had a patrol route he saw through it. Will be fixed for the final release.
Like a tear in the fabric of reality? Could creatures from other dimension come through it?

If yes, please don't fix it. Postpone the release and add an Event Horizon ending.
The AoD gods did say they dwell in the darkness between the stars... we need this Iron Tower please delay until 2028 and make the spaceship an ancient roman spaceship thank you

Shaki

Arbiter
I believe in ITS. :salute::salute:

I am curious how much revenue they need to stay in business though. Hopefully they'll let us know if they've reached their goals.

Judging by the nature of release revenue trends, I'm assuming they'll know within a week of launch.
Unless it's an instant hit (which isn't gonna happen), we won't know until 3-4 months in.
It can be an instant hit, you still have the time to add a shitton of mutant and robot sex, make all companions playersexual fuckdolls, and release a trailer focusing purely on these aspects. Remember there is like half a million zoomer BG3 fans who just finished the game and are looking for something to scratch the same itch.

agris

Arcane
Patron
we need an option to import our end of game AoD saves and fight that character as CS end boss.

GL shooting your laser rifle with 10th century bolas holding you down, loser!

Sòren

Arcane
you cannot use a companion's skill to get a skill token from the machine at the factory anymore. clearly a bug.

btw i love the game and trying to help you refining it into the masterpiece it deserves to be.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
you cannot use a companion's skill to get a skill token from the machine at the factory anymore. clearly a bug.

btw i love the game and trying to help you refining it into the masterpiece it deserves to be.

We haven't touched those files in a long time. Does your companion have the sufficient skill? The lines only appear when they can do it.

Sòren

Arcane

We haven't touched those files in a long time. Does your companion have the sufficient skill? The lines only appear when they can do it.

i cannot believe that you are even asking me that question. i got 580 hours at the moment.

faythe electronics 6, feat assigned, no option.

Sòren

Arcane
IMG-20231028-224711-014.jpg

IMG-20231028-224638-341.jpg

sry for the retarded visuals, but i'm just too lazy to figure out how to make screenshots on the machine i'm using at the moment.

Üstad

Arcane
I really hope the game sell high enough after it's finished so we can get to see the sequel or AoD2. I feel so emotionally invested to these two games, almost as if I made them.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

i cannot believe that you are even asking me that question. i got 580 hours at the moment.

faythe electronics 6, feat assigned, no option.

Heh, it's the first time it gets reported as it was checking for computers, and usually Faythe has both (or at least 3 computers). Fixed.

Trithne

Erudite
I was actually going to suggest that maybe the issue was no modules. Which in turn made me think that the game never really communicates in clear terms when they get used for something. Maybe [1 Electronics Module] could be added to actions that require and consume one?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is Miltiades in this game? the answer better not be no!
The True Ending to Colony Ship:
The player-character and allies discover that the Colony Ship is already in orbit around its destination and are able to activate the control room, allowing the Ship to descend to the planet's surface. The PC and party then become the first colonists to leave the Ship and survey the immediate area, which is largely barren and has some background radiation remaining from an event in the not-too-distant past. Just as the PC and party are about to return to the Ship, they have their first encounter with an indigenous alien lifeform:
miltiades.png
"Can I interest you in the purchase of copper ingots of fine quality?"

motherfucker

Educated
CS being a prequel for AoD isn't even that nonsensical. But my personal tinfoil hat theory is that the Ship is actually an experiment on Earth before they launch the actual ship, that would explain the gravity at the very least.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
CS being a prequel for AoD isn't even that nonsensical. But my personal tinfoil hat theory is that the Ship is actually an experiment on Earth before they launch the actual ship, that would explain the gravity at the very least.
Vince already said the sequel will be on the planet 40 years after the landing.

Unless you think that's part of the experiment too.

Üstad

Arcane
Vince already said the sequel will be on the planet 40 years after the landing.

Unless you think that's part of the experiment too.
It's all generated by Militiades chatting with AI Qantari demons in Al-Akia.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mortismal said that Colony Ship will be the next new game that he will cover.

His videos get anywhere from 20k viewers, to 100k+ viewers.

vazha

Arcane
He's pretty shallow though, I for one dont trust him doing the game justice.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
He's pretty shallow though, I for one dont trust him doing the game justice.
Players outside the Codex Bubble don't really care about deep mechanics anyway, so doesn't really matter if the review is shallow, as long as he says the story and combat are good and that he approves it, which is probably enough to convince a bunch of his viewers to buy the game.

vazha

Arcane
not debating that, folks, but I d say he's shallow even by the "outside of codex" standards. So he might actually find the game too hard & complex for him and offer his "critique" instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom