Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
In To Stop the War! the computer on the 4th floor doesn't let you download access to the 2nd floor.
nvm i'm blind

Last edited:

Sòren

Arcane
Questbreaking bug:
In To Stop the War! the computer on the 4th floor doesn't let you download access to the 2nd floor.
dHF09Ny.jpg

you need the employee's card from level 2....or 3. the second other floor you can access, anyway.

what's more bothersome about this quest is that you need at least 4 lockpicking to finish it. now that is annoying.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Questbreaking bug:
dHF09Ny.jpg

you need the employee's card from level 2....or 3. the second other floor you can access, anyway.

what's more bothersome about this quest is that you need at least 4 lockpicking to finish it. now that is annoying.
4 Lockpicking is easily gained without any tagging or using it when there's other options iirc. I guess if you use a companion for lockpicking and then they die you might be in trouble.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Questbreaking bug:
dHF09Ny.jpg

4 Lockpicking is easily gained without any tagging or using it when there's other options iirc. I guess if you use a companion for lockpicking and then they die you might be in trouble.

Yep, plus I don't think it's unreasonable to require some lockpicking if you are infiltrating a building.

Sòren

Arcane
yeah, i know. the synergies between steal-sneak-lockpick are quite clear, you created multiple areas for that. it's fine and sensible.

it just didn't fit my own party design (usually i tag computers-sneak-steal for one to get the eye and bridge chip and leave lockpick for another companion/PC).

Zariusz

Arbiter
I didnt expect that Azrael fight would basically be the final boss for me, few dialogue choices later and im seeing end game slides. I hoped that lower level armory would be some end game dungeon, maybe with a secret ending but that was just a single corridor ehh... Also does the game have those skillchecks that require you to have skills over lvl 10? I think i read once that something like this was planned. Shame that there are no companion ending slides.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I didnt expect that Azrael fight would basically be the final boss for me, few dialogue choices later and im seeing end game slides. I hoped that lower level armory would be some end game dungeon, maybe with a secret ending but that was just a single corridor ehh... Also does the game have those skillchecks that require you to have skills over lvl 10? I think i read once that something like this was planned. Shame that there are no companion ending slides.
If you accept the monks' plan, there's no combat. If you don't...

Zariusz

Arbiter
If you accept the monks' plan, there's no combat. If you don't...
I found about this after checking that returning to earth option but i was too lazy to fight today, maybe i will check that later, though this time with a lot more pulse grenades.

Besides that this door in Factory stopped working while it worked in the previous versions that i played, you cant interact with it (this is just before Armory defence) and i wanted to check if you added something to that toxic area (something like that toxic ladder in maintenance tunnels). Also i got both achievments for finishing the game on underdog and on easy mode at the same time, bug or just everyone who finishes the game on underdog automatically gets easy mode achievment?
uj0WdSY.png

I wonder, was there something planned for this area in Heart? This elevator looks interactable but it doesnt highlight with TAB and you cant do anything with it.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shadowbros... I gave him a medkit, he's going to make it and we'll get drinks and laugh about the whole turret thing, right?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How much changes in full release? Only polish? If so, I might star in a couple of days.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A Bug report:

I got the matter converter whatever thing from the red zone. The slide auto-teleported me to Carlos back in the green zone and he congratulated me. When the conversation ended... I was back in the red zone.

A question:

I saw the gear on the dead scavs by the fungus boss fight. Amazing stuff. My only question is, if I win the fight is there any special interaction with the fungus? Is it like Tchort, can we be friends, or is it just going to be a descriptive paragraph about how I'm awesome at fighting?

I assume it's the latter, in which case I am not going to try that fight anymore. Too tough for my current character/party unless the RNG gods decide to 100% back me with crit after crit.

EDIT: Just passed the high level comp check in Mission Control. I think my desire for loot is satisfied.

:positive:

EDIT2: Decided to go back with my new toys to get the other toys. Lost a couple of party members, but at least I know the answer to my question.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Also does the game have those skillchecks that require you to have skills over lvl 10? I think i read once that something like this was planned.

No, never planned, and not something we want to do (having checks for 10 levels is already way too much, IMO). After 10 is more of soft cap territory. Combat skills can get a bit extra if you get to 11, but non-combat is built with 10 in mind.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I got the matter converter whatever thing from the red zone. The slide auto-teleported me to Carlos back in the green zone and he congratulated me. When the conversation ended... I was back in the red zone.

He goes to the red zone, the level doesn't change.

Also i got both achievments for finishing the game on underdog and on easy mode at the same time, bug or just everyone who finishes the game on underdog automatically gets easy mode achievment?

Intended, if you beat the game in Underdog there's no need to beat it on Hero. All game with several difficulties give lower ones on win.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Finished it, GOTY, will play again after the official release. Need to try a combat build so I can survive playing that hilarious joke on everyone at the end.

Edit: jumped back in right away. Here's my plan: 12 constitution melee with pistoleer gigabrain lady fight to get Romeo online, and then the trio can finally turn this ship around for no apparent reason.

Working quite well so far. The lady can clearly handle all science and stealth checks, and pistols are great for leg and hand shots. The 12 con guy is flattening people with a pry bar. Was a toss up with 10 strength and juggernaut, but the implants, regen, absurd 12 con stat, and biomed skill won me over. Just need to get all 7 implants and some better gear, but so far so good.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Well honestly that was a bit disappointing. I was hoping for one more area at least.
The ending imo was great, but I have to echo the request for ending slides that relate to party members and other significant characters we met. There are a lot of loose ends with people we spent a lot of time with and, presumably, would meet again after the ending scene. It would involve a lot of writing and thought, so maybe it can't be done or can only be achieved for a handful of characters, but presumably doesn't require new art assets.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
In Act 1, second floor of Armory, if you want to use your teammate to do the sneak section it will say "maybe faythe should do this" but then it won't let you use faythe. You can only approach the group openly, sneak with your main character, or leave.

In my brain-dead mace-man run I just approached them openly and clubbed them all to death, but still. It would be nice to let Faythe do something other than hide in a smoke grenade cloud with her shield on.

EDIT: I believe "the king is dead, long lives the king." should be "long live the king", unless you had some other reason for changing the phrase. It's when Jonas has a dirt nap.

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Well honestly that was a bit disappointing. I was hoping for one more area at least.
The ending imo was great, but I have to echo the request for ending slides that relate to party members and other significant characters we met. There are a lot of loose ends with people we spent a lot of time with and, presumably, would meet again after the ending scene. It would involve a lot of writing and thought, so maybe it can't be done or can only be achieved for a handful of characters, but presumably doesn't require new art assets.
Yeah, the ending was short and evidenty rushed. Act 3 does still need some more polish in general.

Oops this is for Colony Ship not BG3 haha.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Maceman build is going well. The combat is very tactical, as long as you have enough grenades and can survive a few turns you can probably win most, if not all, fights. Of course, grenades (especially the good ones) are expensive and in short supply, and you need to know how to deploy them correctly. There are things to look out for, too, like not throwing gas at the guy in the gas mask, or hide in smoke from the guy with night vision goggles. The armour skill and penalties could be made clear; maybe just explicitly state in the description what the armour penalty does, and that the armour skill reduces the penalty. I feel similarly about Critical Strike. Evasion is more intuitive.

I'm going to finish my maceman run, but after seeing what Smiles can do I want to make a submachine gun character next. I don't know Smiles stats, but she just rips everyone apart, absolute MVP. In all my playthroughs I stay and fight during the ambush, but now I also went and killed the detroit and the black hand gangs. It would be nice to access her inventory between fights, because she ran out of grenades and was less helpful than she might of been. I also began to appreciate the deflector shield, although tbh I think the energy field is superior, no? When is the correct time to deploy a deflector shield, do I just do it on high evasion characters when they become the target of choice for the enemy? I feel the energy field is almost certainly the superior choice, although I guess damage always gets through so it won't save low constitution characters.

Grenade supply in act 1 is exactly right. I did all the side mission battles besides the frog one and the creeper one (I intended to come back later but forgot about it), and I spent the last available gas grenade on the battle at Mercy's fort. I'm not sure how much money is available in game, but I'm wondering how I will ever afford to buy all the grenades and the implant upgrades (7, so $14k) during the late game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom