Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

None

Scholar
The only saving grace to waking up several hours before dawn, sick as a dog, was that I got to finish up my beta save file. Ending was good, but I'd liked to have seen slides for my companions, as well as more in-game reactions to my choices before the slides start rolling.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I was a little pissy because apparently the sarge upgrade doesn't give you plus 1 companion anymore, but it's okay because I see there's a feat for that now.
It never did. Sarge/Captain were always about boosting party members' combat stats.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was a little pissy because apparently the sarge upgrade doesn't give you plus 1 companion anymore, but it's okay because I see there's a feat for that now.
It never did. Sarge/Captain were always about boosting party members' combat stats.

He means the squad leader implant.
The last time I played was about 4 major updates ago, but I thought that there's an implant that can grant you an additional follower, like Trash Player said. For some reason I associated it with that mission you do for the medbay lady.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I wish the map worked like AoD (press M, then an actual map appears and you can click the location, rather than go through a list), but whatever.
Was the plan if you judge by early builds. But it didn't fit in the budget in any shape or form.

std::namespace

Does this game have romance
why would you play it otherwise?
D0xOIpX.png

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In the plant place (still act 1), you go to the tower in the top right and use computers to get up to the top floor. Then you take a ladder down and use the computer again to activate the shuttle thing, and it says "your chariots awaits..."

When you click on the weird glass container "chariot", you are immediately transported to the tower in the bottom left. However, there's no message or slide that tells you what happened. It just loaded instantly for me, one moment I was in a room clicking on a glass box, and then I was instantly in a slightly different room with glass boxes I can't click on. I've played the game before so I knew where I went and why, but without prior knowledge I think this would have been an extremely abrupt and weird way to transition from one room to the other. At least have a slide that goes "Your chariot whisks you to the other side, sparks from the rusty rails raining down in celebration as you fly along." or some other shit, it isn't supposed to be an instantaneous teleportation device.

Hell, I interacted with a glass case on the ground floor, looking inside it and detected a nest or something. Maybe I was just trying to look in this one, and now I'm insta-teleported with no fanfare. Also, in the room you are transported to you can no longer look at or interact with the glass chariot. Which is even more confusing; I just interacted with it in the other room and was teleported here, and now... there are some similar containers at slightly different angles but they can't be clicked on to look at them or try to ride them back? Am I sure that one of those glass chariots is the same one I just clicked on before I was teleported?

Also, the garden level is just really hard to navigate in general, but maybe that's intentional. So far I'm loving it, though.

EDIT: Also, even though it is greatly improved from what I remember, some of the inaccessible objects down below can still be clicked on or show up when you press tab. Specifically, the creeper will be highlighted when I press tab, even though it is inaccessible; it's distracting. There's also a body in the top-right tower that has been grabbed by some sort of plant vine. If you hover the mouse around there, it will actually detect a computer console somewhere on a different floor. It is inaccessible from where you are and does not show up if you tab.

EDIT2: Maybe don't have the creeper be visible at all until you go through the plant vines to confront it. Can't you just have an art asset there to suggest something is hiding, and then it gets spawned/you get dropped into combat when you go through the barrier of plants to check out the body? I think it used to be like that in some old version, but perhaps I'm misremembering.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
When you click on the weird glass container "chariot", you are immediately transported to the tower in the bottom left. However, there's no message or slide that tells you what happened.
This is a good point, and illustrates how a base that is used to certain methods and manners can be blind to things that others find questionable. An interstitial dialogue-style pop-up conveying your transport across towers makes a lot of sense. Hell, I think Vault Dweller would do a good job of writing a tension-filled narrative snippet describing your precarious traversal of this old, decrepit piece of tech.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I really like what you lot did with the party relationship system. Basically, to the extent the party members like the PC/the mission, they get a buff.

I would recommend adding a few opportunities to increase/decrease the relationship for certain party members. There were some obvious moments that I thought were missed. For example, whenever you take Jed to a medical bay he is always complaining about his heart and how he wants us to implant a new one. I went and got him a new heart, repaired it, and then implanted it. He didn't respond in any way, no dialogue, didn't seem to change the relationship status. Fuck Jed, let me take the heart back.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just rediscovered that laser rifle you can get in act 1. High lockpick check but whatever, time to go snipe some people.

:positive:

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Can't decide if I should do hero mode with mastermind or not. I usually play the easiest difficulty on CRPGs but I wonder if I can do it on normal difficulty with the companion numbers advantage and avoiding combat through speech.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Man Azrael is so fucking annoying, not only i have to surround him with like 7 people and Romeo to slowly graze his HP down but then he fucking gets that near death buff and for like 4 rounds from the row he keeps getting up and then obliterates someone thus slowly removing my damage dealing potential. Also what's with those debuffs from healing, i dont remember this being in game those few months ago, weird to change such basic mechanic just before the release.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Man Azrael is so fucking annoying, not only i have to surround him with like 7 people and Romeo to slowly graze his HP down but then he fucking gets that near death buff and for like 4 rounds from the row he keeps getting up and then obliterates someone thus slowly removing my damage dealing ability.

Use pulse grenades, especially when he's near death.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Man Azrael is so fucking annoying, not only i have to surround him with like 7 people and Romeo to slowly graze his HP down but then he fucking gets that near death buff and for like 4 rounds from the row he keeps getting up and then obliterates someone thus slowly removing my damage dealing ability.

Use pulse grenades, especially when he's near death.
Ehh sadly now i have like 2 of those left, attack on Armory took many of my remaining grenades.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
In the shuttle bay, you are supposed to go talk to Nazar. This is a person you have never seen before, have no idea who he is, and he is nowhere on the map location. There is a clue that he is in the "B" section of the shuttle bay, which is technically true, but he's actually behind a door that does not highlight when you press tab, and is guarded by a nameless "guard" who does not appear to have any significance until this moment.

Please give more back story about Nazar and clear direction where to find him and why you need to find him.

EDIT: Just entered the room and I remember who he is from an old build (the entire layout of the habitat was different back then). Maybe if I had reached this point by some other path it would have made more sense, not sure.

EDIT2: Hoooooooly shit, was it Nazar I was supposed to talk to when Moses wanted me to go talk to the refugees, not Mother? Absolutely shit show, I had no idea there was even a door back here or the guard had any purpose, let alone that Nazar was the person I was meant to speak to. I thought it was Mother, and then when the guard at Mother's date refused me entry I was on the fence as to whether I should report it as a bug or I simply needed to do something else, and then I bumped into Jay randomly and got side-tracked to this other result.

EDIT3: I am an INT 11 gigabrain, please tell me there is an INT 11 stat check to justify my decision to use my last implant slot on a bigger brain.

EDIT4: Ahem, I have ascended further and am seeking an INT 12 stat check to flex on.

Last edited:

Mauman

Learned
I watched the video out of curiosity and now I want to punch his soyboi face.
His channel page greets you with Witcher 3 praise, did you really have to watch anything to see how much of a dumb motherfucker you're dealing with?
I hope devs call him a retard preemptively so he refuses to review the game
I wonder if the fucktard has played Arcanum. I bet the Half-ogre island quest would make his head explode from sheer soy-powered indignation.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
EDIT3: I am an INT 11 gigabrain, please tell me there is an INT 11 stat check to justify my decision to use my last implant slot on a bigger brain.

EDIT4: Ahem, I have ascended further and am seeking an INT 12 stat check to flex on.
Iirc there are no stat checks for int/cha. There are some for STR and PER, and I think one or two for dex. But overall the idea of stat checks seems to be something ITS abandoned, can't remember any that show up after act 1.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer

Iirc there are no stat checks for int/cha. There are some for STR and PER, and I think one or two for dex. But overall the idea of stat checks seems to be something ITS abandoned, can't remember any that show up after act 1.

I thought CHA helped for all speech checks, like AoD? Otherwise, what's the point of it, beyond getting your party count up.

INT did give me another focus, which was nice.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I thought CHA helped for all speech checks, like AoD? Otherwise, what's the point of it, beyond getting your party count up.

INT did give me another focus, which was nice.
The stats continue to give the same bonuses above 10 as below, so 11 int will get you 10% bonus xp, and 12 will get you an extra tag.
CHA gives party size and initial disposition. Most speech checks tend to give a little bit of disposition even if you fail (or maybe it depends on how badly you fail), so with high cha you can probably beat most conversations without passing any of the checks. High cha also lets you take the feats that boost everyone in the party.

motherfucker

Educated
Iirc there are no stat checks for int/cha
Yes there are. A couple CHA checks in the speech minigame, several intelligence checks in normal dialogue and stuff like computers. Very few and far between overall, but that goes for every stat check in the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom