Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cities Skylines II

Hellion

Arcane
“There is no economy..."

Not really true, e.g. in my first city I started making a profit when I began to export excess electricity as well as create more farms in order to stop importing so much wheat/meats. You can even import garbage and sewage to make more money if your city can handle their disposal/treatment.

PS Turns out the game's performance issues might be due to high-poly NPC teeth lmao

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/citi...as-the-reason-for-performance-issues-2355255/

Black

Arcane

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
PS Turns out the game's performance issues might be due to high-poly NPC teeth lmao
AHAHAHAHA There's like a good 100-200 tris in there. God damn.. God damn lol You could've done an entire character for the price of those teeth lol *laughs in low-poly artist*
ITS RUNNING IN HDRP!..... ... what the hell. No wonder it runs like shit. HDRP isn't for games like city builders, its supposed to be for games that are going for photo realism in small scale - because it doesn't work when you scale it up it ends up looking like crap and running terribly, you'd never use it in the context they've used it here, URP is the better option for games like this. Just gigantic big brain stuff here.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ally-need-to-build-any-city-services.1604509/

You don't actually need to build any city services.

Oh, you will need to at the start, but once you get up and running, and able to connect water, sewage and power to the outside world, you can actually bulldoze all those services.

You don't need hospitals, police, fire, garbage collection, recycling, cemeteries, anything. Everything will come very cheaply from the outside world.

If you're worried about money, then just build the massive water plant and export it all. Or build large coal plants and export all of that. More than enough to cover the cost of outsourcing all city services.

The outside world will happily do everything for you. How did this not get picked up by QA?

Caim

Arcane
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ally-need-to-build-any-city-services.1604509/

You don't actually need to build any city services.

Oh, you will need to at the start, but once you get up and running, and able to connect water, sewage and power to the outside world, you can actually bulldoze all those services.

You don't need hospitals, police, fire, garbage collection, recycling, cemeteries, anything. Everything will come very cheaply from the outside world.

If you're worried about money, then just build the massive water plant and export it all. Or build large coal plants and export all of that. More than enough to cover the cost of outsourcing all city services.

The outside world will happily do everything for you. How did this not get picked up by QA?
It gets better.
Actually, you dont need to have citizens. (Or residents.) Someone never build residential housing, and getting workers from outside city to work at factories and shops...

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What a disaster.
Simcity (2023) is miles ahead in the city simulation aspect, it's only major flaw is that it's designed around small maps.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This is some SimCity 2013 level of bullshit fakery.
At least the poop and electricity particles can't get congested... right?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Simcity had zero population simulation. It just picked the nearest every time. However, this looks way more disappointing, since the stuff that is broken is supposed to be improved. Like the economy. Wtf happened here. I actually don't blame Paradox... I mean, the teeth thing. That reeks of making use of interns.

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Last edited:

Keshik

Arcane
Guess this will be worth playing once it gets patched up. Well and when I get around to affording a new PC.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
AHAHAHAHA There's like a good 100-200 tris in there. God damn.. God damn lol You could've done an entire character for the price of those teeth lol *laughs in low-poly artist*
ITS RUNNING IN HDRP!..... ... what the hell. No wonder it runs like shit. HDRP isn't for games like city builders, its supposed to be for games that are going for photo realism in small scale - because it doesn't work when you scale it up it ends up looking like crap and running terribly, you'd never use it in the context they've used it here, URP is the better option for games like this. Just gigantic big brain stuff here.

They outsource shit and don't even check it. We had hit peak "i don't give a fuck" and retards are still paying for these games.
Reminds me of Windows Longhorn where microsoft outsourced code to some japanese company and it was a mess after they checked it

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
They outsource shit and don't even check it.
Its an AI tool. But yeah I'm shocked that no one even checked to see what meshes they were putting in the game. That's one of the most basic fucking things a game developer does.
You make an asset manifest and go through and check them off one by one, standard QA procedure standard implementation procedure. Its wonderful that they can't even do the bare minimum now.
We're down to even established studios, even AAA studios, doing kickstarter scam level quality.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
They outsource shit and don't even check it.
Its an AI tool. But yeah I'm shocked that no one even checked to see what meshes they were putting in the game. That's one of the most basic fucking things a game developer does.
You make an asset manifest and go through and check them off one by one, standard QA procedure standard implementation procedure. Its wonderful that they can't even do the bare minimum now.
We're down to even established studios, even AAA studios, doing kickstarter scam level quality.

The tech bubble will eventually pop, whatever they do now to keep margin profits will not be sustainable. Exepect correction on the job market and stocks.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Called the asset problem, wasn't there like a stack of barrels in Skylines 1 that had like ten thousands of tri's?

But this is so much worse than unoptimized assets, this shows they lack fundamental knowledge about basic 3d shit. Not even a junior artist would make this error.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1698515986867.png

This... is not a roundabout?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer

New tech jesus video on the subject.
Yep Unity's shitty Shadows strikes again. And the 1.0 release had a broken GI implementation which has now been "fixed" but is still pretty bad cause HDRP gonna do that lol.
And yeah their absolute derpy implementation of the Texture quality.

I really love this level of scrutiny.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The performance issues are distracting people from all the other idiotic bullshit going on.
Why is the first graveyard you get bigger than most of your town at that point?

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
A modder confirms that the "Cims" have 46k fucking polys. Disabling them gives a 20 FPS boost. Who needs LOD's anyway.
If they fuck up basic shit like this, I wonder what else is broken.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom