Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chris Priestly to leave Bioware at the end of the month

poetic codex

Augur
You gotta have some sympathy because he was the community co-coordinator which is a pretty thankless job. Basically when shit hits the fan he's the guy that has to talk to raging fans just so the big bosses don't have to.

It's the same job Chris Faylor had to do for Gearbox during the Aliens Colonial Marines debacle at PAX East. Warning, it's painful to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tYGEgCrjY

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
You gotta have some sympathy because he was the community co-coordinator which is a pretty thankless job. Basically when shit hits the fan he's the guy that has to talk to raging fans just so the big bosses don't have to.

It's the same job Chris Faylor had to do for Gearbox during the Aliens Colonial Marines debacle at PAX East. Warning, it's painful to watch:

He didn't have to take the job. I would rather clean toilets than deal with ghey/femenist/racist bioware fan movements.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I can understand that moderating Bioware's forums would make anyone depressed enough to eat junk food and quickly become mordbidly fat.

circ

Arcane

Press A for LOCKDOWN. Press B for pizza delivery. Press START for gallon of diet soda.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
It's less butthurt about the tweet and more laughing at him being dumb enough to post that under his official Bioware account in a public conversation. The Codex may be vulgar in forum conversation but the front page is relatively clean and respectful of other parties. This guy's whole job is to put on a good face for one of the largest and most Politically Correct developers, he shouldn't be fucking around.

This. It's fine and dandy for a supermarket cashier to talk trash and call people "insert insult here" but if they do it at work in front of all the customers... GG

I agree that it'd be mildly amusing for a PC drone to get crushed under the weight (lel) of his PC overlords because he tweeted something without checking his privilege first.

On the other hand any employer who'd even come close to thinking that these are grounds enough to fire a person should be disemboweled.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Guys, this isn't really the time to make light of someone's career. I'm sure Mr. Priestly has a lot of heavy thoughts right now and is feeling quite unbalanced at the moment. It could be downright dangerous not to support him in these rocky times.

You could say it's really... weighing on him.

:yeah:

No, but seriously guys: what if he died and he was too fat to take to the morgue, so then the CSI would have to hacksaw his fucking limbs off and put each one in an ambulance and then there would be a convoy of ambulances like in The Dark Knight and then Joker would drive an ambulance out of the bank full of the preorder money for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and what this means, guys, is that Chris Priestly planned an elaborate heist and used a dead whale to like, fake his own death and now he's in Bermuda pretending to be an innocuous island.

When Chris Priestly dies, they're gonna have to perform three autopsies. Duh.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Chris Priestly making sex themed jokes really creeps me out, considering the closest activity to sex his body is capable of is taking a shit.

On the other hand any employer who'd even come close to thinking that these are grounds enough to fire a person should be disemboweled.

If it was just for this it wouldn't have taken months to happen. More like he's been building up plenty of bad rep to the point where it's not worth keeping him around.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Chris Priestly making sex themed jokes really creeps me out, considering the closest activity to sex his body is capable of is taking a shit.
He's married y'know.

Just throwing it out there, it's a little weird how you know the marital status, political views and social lives of every single person who makes RPGs, including some Bioware community manager. Thought I'd share.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He's married y'know.

Just throwing it out there, it's a little weird how you know the marital status, political views and social lives of every single person who makes RPGs, including some Bioware community manager. Thought I'd share.

Actually, Roguey seems to mainly know about BioWare and Obsidian. Doesn't seem to care much about devs from other companies. Too bad, I'd love to get some Bethesda gossip.

racofer

Thread Incliner
MI6LRrX.jpg

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
how will this affect the quality of BioWare rpgs going into the future? will they be only AA+ now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom