Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chris Priestly to leave Bioware at the end of the month

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
So when you say he's leaving, you're saying they were able to finally afford a crane that can move him out of the building?

That was myyyyyyyyyyyyyy joke! +M

Data4

Arcane
Anyone know if this had something to do with that tweet?
Do go on.
tumblr_mo1ionmBN41r083kuo1_500.jpg

Yeah, it would be very poetic if it was a self termination via piehole for that tub of shit.

Guys, this isn't really the time to make light of someone's career. I'm sure Mr. Priestly has a lot of heavy thoughts right now and is feeling quite unbalanced at the moment. It could be downright dangerous not to support him in these rocky times.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Guys, this isn't really the time to make light of someone's career. I'm sure Mr. Priestly has a lot of heavy thoughts right now and is feeling quite unbalanced at the moment. It could be downright dangerous not to support him in these rocky times.

I think it's rather more dangerous trying to support a poorly balanced object of such great mass. You might end up pancaked.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Not to defend morbidly obese idiots, but if he got fired for that tweet it's another example of SocialJusticeWare.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Tasteless, no. Retarded, yes. You can't go "HURR DURR SEX JOKE" on women who you have no relation to whatsoever. Your girlfriend, your wife, yes. Some girl you barely know? Fuck no, reel it in, asshole.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
He should've been canned long ago for his storytelling skills (I hope that was his):

The first pair of open shutters he saw and Fenris dived through. He landed in a kitchen filled with the smell of baking bread, and a human woman screamed as he rolled to his feet. No doubt the sight of an elf in skintight armor, carrying a blade almost as large as himself, wasn’t a welcome sight. He got to his feet and noticed the surprisingly comely woman, dressed in a nightgown that revealed more of her cleavage than she no doubt expected, pressing against the wall.

He grinned at her, and she screamed again. So he grabbed a freshly-baked loaf off the counter and raced for the front door of the hovel. Already a soldier was climbing through the window, causing the woman to scream once more and faint dead away.

Stabwound

Arcane
Come on, people here of all places are acting butthurt about a tweet like that? What a world we live in.

I think it's rather more dangerous trying to support a poorly balanced object of such great mass. You might end up pancaked.

Moral support, preferably from a minimum distance of 25 miles away.

Come on, people here of all places are acting butthurt about a tweet like that? What a world we live in.

It's less butthurt about the tweet and more laughing at him being dumb enough to post that under his official Bioware account in a public conversation. The Codex may be vulgar in forum conversation but the front page is relatively clean and respectful of other parties. This guy's whole job is to put on a good face for one of the largest and most Politically Correct developers, he shouldn't be fucking around.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Think I just found out his new job

bgmain2013-07-0622-31idsxw.png

BTW what's the matter with the butthurt about this tweet? Everyone I know would just laugh and put some "oh you :3" response up. Jesus christ some people have sticks in their arses.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If he had been fired they probably wouldn't have let him work for another two months come on. :roll:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
There are several fat jokes I can make to explain the two months thing.

One of them involves a goat and the song Tuesday Morning by The Pogues (Spider Stacy vocals).

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
It's less butthurt about the tweet and more laughing at him being dumb enough to post that under his official Bioware account in a public conversation. The Codex may be vulgar in forum conversation but the front page is relatively clean and respectful of other parties. This guy's whole job is to put on a good face for one of the largest and most Politically Correct developers, he shouldn't be fucking around.

This. It's fine and dandy for a supermarket cashier to talk trash and call people "insert insult here" but if they do it at work in front of all the customers... GG

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He should've been canned long ago for his storytelling skills (I hope that was his):

The first pair of open shutters he saw and Fenris dived through. He landed in a kitchen filled with the smell of baking bread, and a human woman screamed as he rolled to his feet. No doubt the sight of an elf in skintight armor, carrying a blade almost as large as himself, wasn’t a welcome sight. He got to his feet and noticed the surprisingly comely woman, dressed in a nightgown that revealed more of her cleavage than she no doubt expected, pressing against the wall.

He grinned at her, and she screamed again. So he grabbed a freshly-baked loaf off the counter and raced for the front door of the hovel. Already a soldier was climbing through the window, causing the woman to scream once more and faint dead away.

This is fucking amazing. Man, I wish he was Bioware's writer now, would've made the games entertaining. So, so entertaining.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

This. It's fine and dandy for a supermarket cashier to talk trash and call people "insert insult here" but if they do it at work in front of all the customers... GG

How was his tweet an insult?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

This is fucking amazing. Man, I wish he was Bioware's writer now, would've made the games entertaining. So, so entertaining.

You mean like Dragon Age 2 entertaining?

Tom Selleck

Arcane

You could say it's really... weighing on him.

:yeah:

No, but seriously guys: what if he died and he was too fat to take to the morgue, so then the CSI would have to hacksaw his fucking limbs off and put each one in an ambulance and then there would be a convoy of ambulances like in The Dark Knight and then Joker would drive an ambulance out of the bank full of the preorder money for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and what this means, guys, is that Chris Priestly planned an elaborate heist and used a dead whale to like, fake his own death and now he's in Bermuda pretending to be an innocuous island.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.

How was his tweet an insult?
*Shrugs* I don't mean insult literately, just swearing for example.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
No, but seriously guys: what if he died and he was too fat to take to the morgue, so then the CSI would have to hacksaw his fucking limbs off and put each one in an ambulance and then there would be a convoy of ambulances like in The Dark Knight and then Joker would drive an ambulance out of the bank full of the preorder money for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and what this means, guys, is that Chris Priestly planned an elaborate heist and used a dead whale to like, fake his own death and now he's in Bermuda pretending to be an innocuous island.

Ow I just cut myself

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom