Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can't Cloak My Emotions, Can't Mask My Tears (Top Ten)

SoupNazi

Well?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
vWkux.jpg

QIFIo.jpg

jtpEq.jpg

btmXE.jpg

dwcFR.jpg

617DW.jpg

yrTwt.jpg

Bkzi0.jpg

FdpNS.jpg

Q6DaW.jpg

SFFPW.jpg

7iTxO.jpg

SNY9D.jpg

aNKoK.jpg

mgYyZ.jpg

miHMy.jpg

fS2uU.jpg

uTBOG.jpg

7gV20.jpg

s146M.jpg

kMLjj.jpg

aFHTr.jpg

vCYZL.jpg

ExMFA.jpg

JIhtm.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Btw, the panel where Jeff's family is introduced is one of my all-time favourites. The way the dwarves act and the dialogue is just so heart-warming and full of love. And of course, Cannon's artwork carries that warmth of family.

SoupNazi

I don't much like the artwork on this one, actually, but everything else is, as usual, top quality.

Vaarna_Aarne

Not really. Just someone from a scientific world trying to use a scientific analogy to understand how Morningbright works and why clean iron kills magical creatures like him.

SoupNazi

No, that part was fine. I'd even get through the part where Smax' word is just so out of whack and everything. But his sister should have never came back with him, and they definitely should not be living together. I thought he himself accepted not just the letter of law but actual morality ... then he ends up bringing his sister to his world and fucking her, AFTER he himself admitted to be worried about their kid being like his father and being inbred (suggesting he really was worried about the stuff and it wasn't just forced onto him). He should have returned and marched on, perhaps with his relationship with Robyn a bit more evolved and mature now, and his character would further develop.

Instead he just does a 180° turn. It's stupid.

SoupNazi

Whole damn arc was also ha ha hilarious and mostly it was because of the retarded situations instead of the characters. Situational comedy doesn't fit these comics, it's better if the fun comes out of the characters who create it in an in-character fashion. The characters should realize it's funny too, the jokes shouldn't be for the audience only.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, to understand why he brought Rexa back, you gotta remember that Moore is like the most sexually open-minded person in the universe.

SoupNazi

which is all fine and dandy but it seems out of character

the author should put something into his piece but not ENFORCE it

SoupNazi

the "dragon" was great it really was more of a symbol for a great mythical creature, an ultimate villain rather than what we imagine as a dragon... but in fantasy setting a dragon is always the ultimate challenge so in the end it felt right.

Vaarna_Aarne

I think Morningbright was also visually impressive. The fact he's got something of a beard/whiskers and many large eyes gives him a very distinct and expressful but also sinister look. He does not look at all like a Godzilla brute, but a very devious and sadistic monster with intelligence. And of course, the aspect that he is portrayed as an ultimate villain in his lair who relishes more on just being at that point than trying to actively conspire for some grand disaster, perfectly content to just torment Jeff and have a nightmarish surrounding.

SoupNazi

I still want moar, even if I was butthurt by the sudden (bad) comedic intermezzo.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, all that's left is Forty-Niners, which will be next page. After that, if you want, there's the non-Moore Top Ten series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom