Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can't Cloak My Emotions, Can't Mask My Tears (Top Ten)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In that city, I'd expect them to have seen crazier costumes.

SoupNazi

I dunno. This comic is good, I dig the writing and the cast well enough, but I'm struggling a bit to cope with its disjointed method of storytelling, hopping from case to case and event to event like an ADD case.

Also, an alien whose bio-cycle meshes exactly with an earth year is stupid.

Also, the fact that no one noticed Girl One is naked is beyond retarded (as is her punching the dog upon hearing he's color-blind). Just because skin is a different pigment, you can still tell it's friggin' skin.

To be honest, I have seen body painting on naked skin that covered everything up and looked like the chick was wearing at least a swimsuit.

Vaarna_Aarne

r3aSO.jpg

k98Pr.jpg

cUi5d.jpg

bCVcB.jpg

gKXYC.jpg

Dn3MV.jpg

C8csZ.jpg

CJtmK.jpg

RF0YV.jpg

EYIUh.jpg

W3pQ3.jpg

dvJuD.jpg

PW9jY.jpg

YLuca.jpg

wTSn8.jpg

AKQk4.jpg

YI89B.jpg

Gtnsq.jpg

vAda8.jpg

egQJ1.jpg

rhCc8.jpg

JldK4.jpg

yt3Zd.jpg

gudA4.jpg

RBgIc.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

DISCUSS!! motherfuckers, next page will have a triple update and Alan Moore showing once more that he's the best at something he does rarely!

SoupNazi

Well, I still get confused by the humor. The whole comics is a little like a crime show on TV, showing the various crime cases etc with a few comic relief situations... not sure if I like it or not.

Vaarna_Aarne

I think it fits in. It highlights the crazy world the characters live in, and adds a bit of humanity to the comic. If it was just grim and gritty it wouldn't be as good.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm not sure what you'd mean by shallow and deep in this case. Not to mention relevance of such things.

SoupNazi

Don't take me wrong, I love the comic. But whenever there's a joke, I laugh, and then I think "hmm... that was kind of odd."

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, how odd is it in a city that's crazier than New York where everyone is tripping balls?

SoupNazi

Well, no, I mean, of course it all could happen in the fictional world, it's not that it doesn't fit in to the universe, or that it's too over the top. I just never expect it from this comics - I sort of expect it to always be serious (not necessarily gritty and/or grimdark). This didn't strike me as so odd in the other comics you posted like WildCATS, Stormwatch etc... I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's because of this Jaxx guy (his dream and sudden attempts at being normal was jarring, and the way others made fun of it seemed odd) - I don't know. On one hand I think it's nice development of the character, and I'm sure it's some kind of foreshadowing going on, but it just doesn't feel right.

Vaarna_Aarne

Oh, we'll be getting much more on the dream Smax had. Because as you can probably guess, the guy was Moore's favourite in this series. When the main series is over, I'll post the Smax mini-series Moore wrote as an immediate follow-up to the story. There's quite a bit of history behind him, and you've probably noticed he's a bit thick-skulled.

Random

Arcane
Patron
You guys should read the next update, it's friggin amazing. I came three times when I did.

SoupNazi

OK, GO BRO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom