Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
For those who are confused about the lick test...that is actually a thing, in archeology if you're hunting for fossils, the most basic test is to lick it with your tongue, if it's fossil bone your tongue will slightly stick to it, with rock it won't. Not sure what's the actual context in MEA, probably horribly wrong.
Those people are put in quarantine after returning from middle africa or wherever they were licking rocks at... Right?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
73xZHSG.jpg

YUGE IMPROVEMENT. 99/100 GOTY 2017

Well, they fixed some of that horrendous make-up on the first chick, so there's that. She looked like some domestically abused clown, 1000 yard stare included.

The second one still has orange colored straw for hair and fuck-me lipstick on the bridge of what's basically a warship (you're facing a hostile military after all) though.

Is that ambient occlusion at the top of the visible part of the eyeballs?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
For those who are confused about the lick test...that is actually a thing, in archeology if you're hunting for fossils, the most basic test is to lick it with your tongue, if it's fossil bone your tongue will slightly stick to it, with rock it won't. Not sure what's the actual context in MEA, probably horribly wrong.
Those people are put in quarantine after returning from middle africa or wherever they were licking rocks at... Right?

No idea.

Padzi

Arbiter
The main problem with writing for a SJW crowd is that they are never satisfied or happy for what they are getting. The more brown nosing you do they worse it gets. There is always something wrong, something not right, something offensive. Why do they even pander to them? It is like someone from the execs decided that majority of the ME fans are searching for a alien dating simulator and diversity quotas. Not good plot and fun gameplay.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
73xZHSG.jpg

Well, they fixed some of that horrendous make-up on the first chick, so there's that. She looked like some domestically abused clown, 1000 yard stare included.

The second one still has orange colored straw for hair and fuck-me lipstick on the bridge of what's basically a warship (you're facing a hostile military after all) though.

My god, you're right. I've never noticed until now but the "My face is tired" chick looks as if she has ptsd of some kind. She's got that vacant stare and expressionless horror on her face, like this dog.
Had Bioware used this to explain some kind of deep psychological issues in her psyche, it could have made actual sense for her to look so offputing, even when compared to the already terrible npcs in their game by comparison.
900x900px-LL-fe567f55_dramatic-cupcake-dog1.gif

Padzi

Arbiter
73xZHSG.jpg

I support the new design of My Face is Tired when it comes to the choice of makeup. Finally she doesn't like like a Russian woman going for a swim in a pool in full makeup.

tumblr_onzznj0DO71rp5ls8o1_540.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Too little too late. Most people who were planning on buying the game, have done so, no patch will change that.

The rest? Waiting for a huge sale to see what the fuss is about.

Bioware fucked up, and it's glorious to see that ship sinking.

Padzi

Arbiter
No patch will fix the writing. Unless they are taking about the Tranny character to make it less "offensive".
The rest is just too much work. They've already paid for this crap and they won't want to put more money in it.

Max Stats

Liturgist
73xZHSG.jpg

Well, they look different. Not good, just different. But hey, now the tranny doesn't give you they life story immediately when first meeting you and you have more male homo options, so hey, that's what's important, right?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol they completely fucked MP players in their anal sphincters. So the gun damage is about half of what it was in ME3MP, even tho it's basically the same game, same-ish enemies, same guns. So the community kept screaming for two weeks straight and Bioware said - we're listening, much changes incoming.

And incame they did. Damage of some weapons is hereupon increased by about 5%.

:dead:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Eye movements are still awful and the eyelids are too open still.

Btw, since when is your eyeballs moving physically down an expression, Bioware? I've noticed that in a lot of the vids. The eyes drop - not as in looking down, but they appear to drop in relation to the rest of the face. As if their eye sockets lower for a moment and then raise up. Have bioware actually seen humans before??

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
youtube said:
Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.05:

Are the Eyes Better?

No one gives a fuck. Facial animations, frog-like stonefaced NPC and bad hair are the LEAST of this game's problems. Only hipsters care about such horseshit.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It must be hard to compete with Half-Life 2 facial animations. Game have been released only recently, so competition is harsh.

Отправлено с моего SM-G900F через Tapatalk

Iznaliu

Arbiter
No one gives a fuck. Facial animations, frog-like stonefaced NPC and bad hair are the LEAST of this game's problems. Only hipsters care about such horseshit.

Finally someone gets this

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Thing is, if you care at all about anything in this game and its "problems", then you are a dumbfuck. This is about making fun of Biotards.

So:

zy1Sq7P.jpg

:lol:

That one looks like she wants to swallow the top of her face every few words.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
1.11 gig patch huh...

They addressed the multiplayer issues by... Making the AI mobs better and nerfing some of the player weapons hahaha. Also very slight damage increses to some guns it seems (don't matter).

Feels unbelievably unsatisfying to play still. The HP numbers of the mooks are just crazy compared to the dmg output and mag size of most weapons. You'll be dumping mag after mag into the head of the most basic mook on higher difficulties, and certainly into the body.
On bronze difficulty with lvl 10 mattock with full mods you can actually have some fun (?). Good luck getting all that shit first though.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This. The guns feel just right...if you max them out and play on Bronze. Whereas in ME3MP all guns were immediatelly viable on Bronze and you kept maxing them out so you can play on Silver and Gold.

Apparently that made too much sense for whatever dumbfuck is responsible for the balance right now.

Fuck this game, I had so much fun in ME3MP and I bought this piece of shit exclusively for the MP. Uninstalled after 20 matches. Dat value.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
This. The guns feel just right...if you max them out and play on Bronze. Whereas in ME3MP all guns were immediatelly viable on Bronze and you kept maxing them out so you can play on Silver and Gold.

Apparently that made too much sense for whatever dumbfuck is responsible for the balance right now.

Yeah, it's unbelievable how out of touch the devs are with the playerbase... Or just their own fucking game.

Strange thing is that ME3 multiplayer was apparently huge in terms of money earned for them, and got lots of balancing and updates and stuff... How could they fudge it this much this time around? Sure ME3 had issues esp. early on, but still. So much more fun to use the weapons.
I wish someone would do a real interview with them and keep on pushing hard until they actually tell what their thought process here is like.

Of course in reality we'd only get the usual non-answers... The patch notes are hilarious btw. "we fixed the fire rate bug of the mattock, but discovered that it felt overwhelming".
They must have dev cheats on at all times or something. +200% dmg maybe.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
1.11 gig patch huh...

They addressed the multiplayer issues by... Making the AI mobs better and nerfing some of the player weapons hahaha. Also very slight damage increses to some guns it seems (don't matter).

Feels unbelievably unsatisfying to play still.

That's because you can't fix a shit, you can only cement it further. Wishfully, had the game any meaningful substance, people wouldn't bloat the internet with this Garry's mod-level drivel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom