Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG3: The Quest for More Money!

DemonKing

Arcane
Ausir said:
Atari owns the BG trademark, not BioWare/EA.

Then why does VD's first thread post say different?

Erebus

Arcane
Baldur's Gate 3 : Brand Recognition Is God

An actual sequel to ToB would be quite absurd so I'm fairly sure BG3 would just be an unrelated D&D game happening on the Sword Coast. And we'd probably get to meet Elminster and Drizzt, isn't that exciting ?

Stavmixer

Novice
The problem is in this case is not the developer. It is the publisher, they will turn everyting to shit.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Edward_R_Murrow said:
You're all missing the big thing here, it's not Baldur's Gate 3 for the PC, it's obviously Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3, which has more name recognition and remembrance in the general market.

Not true.

Anyway I can't see Bio doing this with all the projects they have going on, plus I don't even think they're actually interested doing it at least at this point. So the only chance of delivering a half-decent game is Obsidian with their usual lazy, unimaginative "by the book" style. Heck, they've already developed NWN 2 which is only an inferior copy-paste of the original BG series so I guess they have their work cut out.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Radisshu said:
Oh hell no. ToB concluded the BG storyline, fuck that shit.

Come on, the kids out there are dying to play another Oblivion clone they'll undoubtfully turn BG3 into.

Erebus

Arcane
Ausir said:
Anyway, my prediction is that you'll play the Bhaalspawnspawn.

If it is so, who would you prefer as your other parent ? Aerie ? Viconia ? Jaheira ? Anomen ? :)

(Yes, I realize it could also be someone else.)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Erebus said:
Ausir said:
Anyway, my prediction is that you'll play the Bhaalspawnspawn.

If it is so, who would you prefer as your other parent ? Aerie ? Viconia ? Jaheira ? Anomen ? :)

(Yes, I realize it could also be someone else.)

Irenicus who raped and impregnated my female character during his experiments. That would be badass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom