Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Peter

Arcane
mtZvm.png

WHY DO I KEEP GOING TO THAT FORUM :x

circ

Arcane
I don't know what that forum is. BSN? TOURNEBASE HOW DOES IT WURK?
I MOVE AND THEN I CLICK? OK. CLICK. WHERE? OH. WHAT'S THIS DO?
LOL LOOK HIS HEAD BLEW UP. HEY. I DIED. I HAVE A PISTOL AND THEY HAVE CLAWS. WHY?
WHY IS THERE NO EAS Y MODE? HEY SCREW THIS THIS ISN'T RPG. I DONT TALK TO PEOPLE I FIGHT RATS.
WHY IS THE COMBAT SO BOOORNG? I HAVE A PISTOL HELLO? I LIKE ELCTRONS.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Really, Allen said. "I won't say which publisher, but, yes, literally, 'console gamers are not as smart as PC gamers.' The logic is that, well PC gamers can install drivers and video cards. Console gamers are just 15-year-olds who sit in front of their couch and press a button."

:lol::lol::lol:

That sounda a bit familiar,did he pitch the game to BiowarEA and Laidlaw?:lol:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I never got mad at shit I read on the internet until I was exposed to BSN / RPS / Kotaku comment sections.
:rage:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I love it how the first ten comments or so basically just tell the tranny to fuck off. Maybe there's still some hope left when it comes to the GameSpot crowd.

dextermorgan

Arcane
I try not to hate people just cause they work for a fucking video game company. That's a ridiculous expectation, people need to eat.
Someone on /v/ standing up for Chris Priestley. I wonder if he knows just how right he is.

Menckenstein

I approve of romances in wasteland 2 but only if they all end in disaster. YOUR JEALOUS LOVER MURDERS HALF YOUR PARTY IN THEIR SLEEP.
:troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Something I found browsing through SA's Wasteland thread
This is kind of OT but I wonder if Brian Mitsoda has considered a Kickstarter campaign for Dead State, his turn-based zombie apocalypse RPG. He announced it way back before Kickstarter was even a thing and it's basically a hobby of his with his wife at this point.

I guess the primary thing might be that they made the mistake of going into partnership with Iron Tower Studies, the RPG Codex-affiliated volunteer game dev company that's been toiling away for years and years and years on their Age of Decadence fantasy RPG. If I could give Mitsoda money without any of it going to those silly dickheads, I would.
Where you see "a really clear vision", I see "a massive shoulder-situated chip" (people who turn up their noses at David Gaider for his passive-aggressive relationship with his community must have never seen Vince). I guess it's cool on a certain level that Codex folk decided to back up their talk, so to speak, and make the laborious, dogmatic game they so detest the pros for having never made, but I would never support them, mostly because their game appears spergy and uninteresting to me (plus I just really loathe grimdark fantasy) and the Codex is really gross.

The focus on AoD is, again, why I wish Mitsoda had never gotten mixed up in that noise. I love the concept of a horror RPG and Dead State sounds like the Fallout to The Walking Dead's Wasteland (italics). I would love, love, love to see it made before the AoD problem. But reasonable people can disagree, naturally.
The gross part is right.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Something I found browsing through SA's Wasteland thread
This is kind of OT but I wonder if Brian Mitsoda has considered a Kickstarter campaign for Dead State, his turn-based zombie apocalypse RPG. He announced it way back before Kickstarter was even a thing and it's basically a hobby of his with his wife at this point.

I guess the primary thing might be that they made the mistake of going into partnership with Iron Tower Studies, the RPG Codex-affiliated volunteer game dev company that's been toiling away for years and years and years on their Age of Decadence fantasy RPG. If I could give Mitsoda money without any of it going to those silly dickheads, I would.
Where you see "a really clear vision", I see "a massive shoulder-situated chip" (people who turn up their noses at David Gaider for his passive-aggressive relationship with his community must have never seen Vince). I guess it's cool on a certain level that Codex folk decided to back up their talk, so to speak, and make the laborious, dogmatic game they so detest the pros for having never made, but I would never support them, mostly because their game appears spergy and uninteresting to me (plus I just really loathe grimdark fantasy) and the Codex is really gross.

The focus on AoD is, again, why I wish Mitsoda had never gotten mixed up in that noise. I love the concept of a horror RPG and Dead State sounds like the Fallout to The Walking Dead's Wasteland (italics). I would love, love, love to see it made before the AoD problem. But reasonable people can disagree, naturally.
The gross part is right.

Yeah, I read that, but...meh, usual goon snobbery. They really aren't as different from us as they pretend to be.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Example: SA goon portrait from that thread
HotCanadianChickOct 03, 2002
00030887.0001.jpg
ALL OF US NORMAL PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING OURSELVES
We love the creamy taste of BioWare's cock so much, we subscribed for life! With their delicious smegma hitting the back of our throats, the possibilities for fun at level 50 seem endless!

Menckenstein

Lowtax should be dragged out into the street and shot in the head in front of his wife and children for what he let happen to that place.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, I read that, but...meh, usual goon snobbery. They really aren't as different from us as they pretend to be.
Joining the Bioware hate-bandwagon doesn't excuse the way they vilified No Mutants Allowed back when Fallout 3 was going to be the best game ever and their Thank God Bethesda Saved that Dead Franchise and Brought It Out of Obscurity afterward.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom