Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

:what:

MMXI

Arcane
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?3507-Kickstarter-for-Wasteland-2-is-live

Capt. Eduardo del Mango said:
I'm battling with my aversion to turn based games over this one. I do think it'll be awesome. And Civ II was awesome, and that was turn based.
Wizardry said:
And Wasteland was awesome, and that was turn-based. Hell, even Fallout was turn-based and that was awesome too.
Tried Fallout 1 and 2, didn't really get on with 'em. Liked FO3, though.
Wizardry said:
My brain just exploded. Can you please pay for damages (and a replacement)?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?3507-Kickstarter-for-Wasteland-2-is-live

I'm battling with my aversion to turn based games over this one. I do think it'll be awesome. And Civ II was awesome, and that was turn based.
Wizardry said:
And Wasteland was awesome, and that was turn-based. Hell, even Fallout was turn-based and that was awesome too.
Wizardry said:

Wizardry will have lots of fun in the coming days. :smug:

dextermorgan

Arcane
Not going to listen. Summarize. I can't into "pod"casts.
4 nerdy chicks discussing fantasy/horror/sci-fi books with strong romance elements. Or maybe I got that backwards.

Anyway, it's nothing particularly interesting, save for the fact that they're far, far less annoying than expected. If they were discussing something I was actually interested in I'd probably watch it.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
DocSeuss said:
I think, in a way, manuals killed the cRPG. It's amazing trying to play Planescape: Torment and realizing I actually have to read a book to figure out what to do, and not in a good way. Manuals are fundamentally unecessary, and possibly even detrimental to video games if developers rely on getting gamers to read instead of play (who doesn't want to start playing as soon as possible?).
Still, nostalgia is a powerful thing, and manuals CAN do interesting things (why not just make a game guide? I hate alt-tabbing out or using two computers to find, say, the code to a locker in Doom 3, or discovering I forgot to flip a switch, which is why I can't progress). I'd love to ship a game with one of those--maybe a design document, some insights into the design, art stuff... hm...

Kill it with fire.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
[URL='http://kotaku.com/people/DocSeuss/' said:
DocSeuss - Brototype for a new Generation[/URL]]
I think, in a way, manuals killed the cRPG. It's amazing trying to play Planescape: Torment and realizing I actually have to read a book to figure out what to do, and not in a good way. Manuals are fundamentally unecessary, and possibly even detrimental to video games if developers rely on getting gamers to read instead of play (who doesn't want to start playing as soon as possible?).
Still, nostalgia is a powerful thing, and manuals CAN do interesting things (why not just make a game guide? I hate alt-tabbing out or using two computers to find, say, the code to a locker in Doom 3, or discovering I forgot to flip a switch, which is why I can't progress). I'd love to ship a game with one of those--maybe a design document, some insights into the design, art stuff... hm...

Kill it with fire.

DocShit said:
I've come to a discovery, over time, which is that I play shooters differently than most people I know. I think that's why I love the genre so much more than others. They don't think about it as though they are actual people in an actual space who must keep moving, which is practically ALL I do when playing shooters. When watching others, I frequently feel myself going "why aren't you moving?!?!" It seems like a lot of good players tackle the genre the way I do, while the people who don't enjoy it/bad players... don't.

FPS LARPing :eek:

Actually though, this guy is a mixed bag. Some of his comments are spot on

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Luzur

Good Sir

Wizardry said:
Wizardry said:

Wizardry will have lots of fun in the coming days. :smug:

its like a smörgåsbord.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://twitter.com/#!/Gahzcan

Gahzcan said:
@BrianFargo Also I recall you being the CEO/Founder of one of the largest Publishers in the 90s and descendant of the wealthy "Fargo" family

:hmmm:

Brian Fargo's ancestor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_G._Fargo
Cool if so, but that @Gahzcan guy trying to play that up as some kind of terrible secret is pure unadulterated dipshittery. IS THAT YOU INFINNY?

Hell no, I'm posting it because it's dipshittery.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Terrible journalism:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/13/b...starter-campaign-raises-502000-plus-in-a-day/
The 1988 version of Wasteland was a post-apocalyptic role-playing game. It was a single-player game with lots of characters. After it came out, Interplay switched over to making Fallout games. But Fargo has wanted to make an online multiplayer version of Wasteland for the Internet, where large parties can come together and play. Fargo still has 34 days to go in his campaign, which set a $900,000 goal.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/03/wasteland-2-kickstarter/
The Kickstarter page went live yesterday and it has already received over 50% of its funding, largely thanks to 5 backers who have pledged $10,000 each so far

bonescraper

I just stumbled upon this gem :lol:

875202-PLLDSXK.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Christian Allen will not get to make his game, but we should invite him to our prestigious board :troll:

circ

Arcane

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
In other news, water is wet.
In BTE fashion, I must say I find that there's something inaccurate about that comment. Water can't be wet because it is liquid, right? I mean only things that are not liquid can get wet by liquids, right?
philosoraptor.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
3NYdp.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom