Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Agents of the :decline: attacking Wasteland 2!!
Don't forget this one:
Aleanthus said:
Too much Party-Management was the thing that broke Baldurs Gate for me.
Let the player be the hero, not some combined will of several persons. The way it worked in Fallout was perfect.
Dont put the tactics and strategy aspect before the actual rolleplay aspect of the game.
:x
Jesus fucking Christ, why people can't accept that there are different kinds of games? Wasteland was a party-based game, not a lone hero based game.

MMXI

Arcane
Jesus fucking Christ, why people can't accept that there are different kinds of games? Wasteland was a party-based game, not a lone hero based game.
Most of the Wasteland forum members haven't played Wasteland and are merely there because they enjoyed Fallout.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Most of the Wasteland forum members haven't played Wasteland and are merely there because they enjoyed Fallout.
So, it's going to be like with ESF and Fallout 3, except that this time it's going to be Fallout fans that are demanding rape?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, it's going to be like with ESF and Fallout 3, except that this time it's going to be Fallout fans that are demanding rape?

Haha, exactly.

(But hopefully not. I want Wasteland 2, not another Fallout.)

LundB

Mistakes were made.
So people are asking for a Wasteland sequel to be a Fallout sequel, not a Wasteland sequel. :retarded:

If they donate, and it ends up being a Wasteland sequel, I am 100% sure there will be butthurt, even though they'd be getting what was promised.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Yeah, some of these kinda responses scare me a bit (I feel like this is my only chance to ever play a true to form "Fallout 3"). I want a similar experience to Fallout 2. BUT...I want to know what Wasteland is and, if it's so different, why people wouldn't want a tremendous amount of Fallout inspiration.

I <3 Fallout. Good lord, did I love that game (1 & 2). I'm clearly going to be wishing for a Fallout-y experience. But I'm open to a new story big time especially if the RPG elements are there and it's got quite a bit of the same type of gameplay that I grew up with and fell hard for in Fallout (2 especially, not so much Fallout Tactics, however)
Disgusting.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I hope Fargo uses these people for their money, but stays the course and makes an actual Wasteland sequel. It's not like they can get their money back, if he's delivering what he actually said he would, not what they wanted him to say he would.

I mean, I loved Fallout, but wanting Wasteland 2 to be Fallout 3 is wrong.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I hope Fargo uses these people for their money, but stays the course and makes an actual Wasteland sequel. It's not like they can get their money back, if he's delivering what he actually said he would, not what they wanted him to say he would.

I mean, I loved Fallout, but wanting Wasteland 2 to be Fallout 3 is wrong.
Fargo wants Wasteland 2.5 to be Fallout 3, so that's the first problem.

hoopy

Savant
From the aforementioned video's comments:

Bro team . look it's fine to make fun of someones nationality .. but it's not fine to make fun of their religion . i was seriously offended by your comment on prophet Mohammad . iam disliking this video and unsubscribing .

i am a Muslim and i don't take it lightly when someone makes fun of my religion.
Yeah well dose up and forget about it, mate.

Angthoron

Arcane
So I check what wonderful bargains Gaben may hold for me today, and what do I find?

The Sims™ 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition

Make your rise to fame in The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition with unique Katy Perry themed in-game content and an exclusive poster. This Collector’s Edition includes The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion pack, plus downloadable content including an Ultimate Stage bonus venue*, iconic Katy Perry themed items, and an exclusive poster. The iconic content includes fashions, a guitar, a hairstyle and various Katy Perry themed stage props.

Wat. Just wat.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Truly prestigious gentlemen prefer to play the vastly superior Sims 2 anyway.

But seriously, are there no depths to which EA won't sink?

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2012/01/final-fantasy-xiii-2-fans-this-game-has.html

Many Japanese gamers don't like it, it has so far scored two 80s on metacritic, and it's the continuation of a mediocre game with a mediocre story. No, it hasn't fixed everything. This game is the result of several wrong decisions made by a declining company. It's kind of sad for gamers like me who are fans of the Final Fantasy series since the Super Nintendo days, to watch it transform into a shallow hybrid of J-Pop aesthetics and non-existent gameplay. When you say that this game is good you insult old games of the series, like final fantasy vii (great story, pacing, music, atmosphere, and a battle system that needs an entire book to be extensively analyzed), and modern RPGS like Skyrim or Xenoblade Chronicles, which are perfect examples of how a game should be made. Don't defend a game just because it's called Final Fantasy, you are only making things worse for the franchise by supporting mediocrity.

http://www.1up.com/features/how-can-we-fix-skyrim

YWCfI.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Menckenstein

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
From the Wasteland 2 kickstarter page comments:
David Howarth said:
Even if we can only do $15 we still get a Steam copy? I am looking at the tiers and it says Digital Downloable copy of game DRM free for PC for the first three tiers until $75 bucks.
I want the game on steam, not DRM free.
This kind of servile attitude explains every case of decline since the dawn of civilization...

Menckenstein

From the Wasteland 2 kickstarter page comments:
David Howarth said:
Even if we can only do $15 we still get a Steam copy? I am looking at the tiers and it says Digital Downloable copy of game DRM free for PC for the first three tiers until $75 bucks.
I want the game on steam, not DRM free.
This kind of servile attitude explains every case of decline since the dawn of civilization...
Obseqious little pieces of shit, they're the type of people who talk themselves into buying shit they don't want/need at the car dealer while the salesman sits there wide eyed with a blue vein boner and a wet spot in his pants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom