Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
New IP before being done cashing in EE's? Don't think so.

How big is beamdong's staff nowdays?
About 50. It was said is some stream. Bioware was counting about 200 hundred when BG2 was made, I think.
Seriously, writers are already cooking up new IP, I can guarantee that. That's how studios work, generally.They'll announce it even maybe this year.
Reason I think PS:T EE won't be done next because of Torment release. It would be overcrowded to release it next.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

About 50. It was said is some stream. Bioware was counting about 200 hundred when BG2 was made, I think.
Seriously, writers are already cooking up new IP, I can guarantee that. That's how studios work, generally.They'll announce it even maybe this year.
Reason I think PS:T EE won't be done next because of Torment release. It would be overcrowded to release it next.

They said around 40-50 people worked on BG:SoD, which would include a whole bunch of part-time external contractors. Beamdog is unlikely to be that large.

sstacks

Arcane

They said on the show today around 40 something, with the SOD team being up to 12 at one point if I remember correctly.

PS:T EE confirmed.
Really?

holy crap
How did they maintain same performance requirements with all that sprites involved? Trully amazing coding work.

Infinity Engine (or Infinity Engine++ as they call it in house) has been almost completely rewritten for optimization per the gamereactor video Infinitron posted earlier in this thread.

Man this expansion really has a shitton of dialogue. It's Baldur's Gate: Shadowrun Hong Kong Edition.

It's gonna take time for me to process that.

Daigle says David Gaider isn't working on a Baldur's Gate project.
PS:T EE confirmed.

Pretty sure that's tongue in cheek... but just to make sure....???

Massive reveal on today's show: Is Boo a miniature giant space hamster, or just a hamster? ANSWERED :P

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"building the next generation of awesome D&D games"

Guess they went with a different city.

Deleted Member 16721

I plan on playing this on Android sometime soon.

My dad and I are going to co-op through BG1:EE on dual tablets, then play Siege of Dragonspear and head right into BG2:EE afterwards. Pretty neat that you can do that, especially on tablets (where the Infinity Engine games are *excellent* ports).

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
SCL went with Luskan. :M

Luskan is the eternal dumping ground of shitty hack and slash.
It's the stomping ground of lazy DM's and bad game developers.

In NWN1 when you are told you need to go to Luskan - I immediately knew I was in for a mediocre depressing padded out area.

Too bad that ended up being the whole game.

EDIT

Seaking4

Learned
Relative to the rest of the content in NWN OC, I thought Luskan wasn't too bad.

I would probably be looking forward to this game if you didn't need to have the EEs to play. Although the extra content for the EEs was apparently trash. So maybe I shouldn't expect much.

Edit: Although in IWD2 you are from Luskan. That game felt padded out. Doesn't take place in Luskan though so I'm not sure if it meets your criteria.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Relative to the rest of the content in NWN OC, I thought Luskan wasn't too bad.

You spend 10 years in sewer corridors killing wererats. Oh wait.. Damn you got me.

It's the only game I can remember (or at least the first) where I owned a brothel. Memories.

Figures - that you would enjoy a game mechanic where you can whore yourself out to a consumer base. :smug:

Thal

Prophet
My dad and I are going to co-op through BG1:EE on dual tablets, then play Siege of Dragonspear and head right into BG2:EE afterwards. Pretty neat that you can do that, especially on tablets (where the Infinity Engine games are *excellent* ports).

Reading this, I'm kind of impressed and happy for you that you can have a relationship like that with your dad.

On the other hand, I really have an urge to shove both you and your dad into a hallway locker.

Deleted Member 16721

Reading this, I'm kind of impressed and happy for you that you can have a relationship like that with your dad.

On the other hand, I really have an urge to shove both you and your dad into a hallway locker.

We've been playing RPGs together for years. Many PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and now even PC RPGs we have defeated together.

Our latest triumph was Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. Before that, Divinity: Original Sin. We play a lot together.

That said, he also is a huge RPG fan in general and plays games like Morrowind and Oblivion on his own console. He likes consoles but I'm slowly getting him into PC gaming.

It's a good relationship and we've had lots of fun together. No need to shove any of us in a locker! :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some tidbits from the interview:

Apparently Beamdog has a very positive relationship with Obsidian.

They've got about 45 employees now. The BG:SoD team was smaller than that though, between 10 to 30 people.

Phil refuses to comment on BG:SoD's budget or sales target, but says they'd be thrilled to sell one million copies, which he feels is doable.

The original Baldur's Gate assets were destroyed in a flood (they were being stored in some garage).

Amber says Trent Oster and Cameron Tofer are great bosses because they're very experienced and have "already made all the mistakes" (implied to be before they founded Beamdog :M )

They say the new characters they created for the Enhanced Editions were "very well received".

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom