Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

Azarkon

Arcane
Also, Bhaal came back as a god in 2014, so for WotC, Baldur's Gate 2 never happened.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44057/the-bhaalspawns-true-canon-fate

Is that one where Bhaalspawn is a fuckin 5th lvl Fighter? Aye WotC really takin a big shit on BG saga there.

Abdel is from the novels, which, despite being much worse than the games themselves, are accepted as what actually happens because they don't involve player choice.

The adventure in question comes from the current PnP release, which is of course, the final word with respect to "the world as it is now."

So basically, the official ending is that the Bhaalspawn chooses not to become Bhaal, and then gets killed later by a random Bhaalspawn and this makes the actual Bhaal return. There's no way to make any of this work for a new Baldur's Gate 3. They'd have to go with a different story.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I love how they say there is no crunch time because they take as long as they need... Fucking horrible buggy releases of Bg EE 1&2 still being patched to fix bugs that weren't in the originals.

Or how they say they didn't make mistakes...

Or that their added content was good...

Ridiculous

Lhynn

Arcane
Also, Bhaal came back as a god in 2014, so for WotC, Baldur's Gate 2 never happened.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44057/the-bhaalspawns-true-canon-fate

Is that one where Bhaalspawn is a fuckin 5th lvl Fighter? Aye WotC really takin a big shit on BG saga there.

Abdel is from the novels, which, despite being much worse than the games themselves, are accepted as what actually happens because they don't involve player choice.

The adventure in question comes from the current PnP release, which is of course, the final word with respect to "the world as it is now."

So basically, the official ending is that the Bhaalspawn chooses not to become Bhaal, and then gets killed later by a random Bhaalspawn and this makes the actual Bhaal return. There's no way to make any of this work for a new Baldur's Gate 3. They'd have to go with a different story.
This is good news, incompetence from WotC will prevent incompetence from beamdog.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
That story was wrapped up anyways. Unless we got a game from George Zeits where he got to make the high level game he proposed in one of his blog posts, I'm not interested in a followup to the Bhaalspawn story. Better to pick a new story, somewhere else in the world.

Hopefully not the Sword Coast.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I'm heading into BG Enhanced Edition for the first time. Am a die-hard BG 2 fan, but never played the first one.

Any (serious) advice? Companions I should avoid, both old and new? Did Beamdog make any balance changes to the game?

Lhynn

Arcane
I'm heading into BG Enhanced Edition for the first time. Am a die-hard BG 2 fan, but never played the first one.

Any (serious) advice? Companions I should avoid, both old and new? Did Beamdog make any balance changes to the game?
Its not a hard game, just go in there blind and have a good time.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Install SCS mod so you at least get same challenge as in Bg2 (as in enemy mages actually being a danger).

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I meant the NPC questions more in term of who's better written/more interesting. Personal favorites from BG 2 were Korgan, Minsc and Edwin. Are any of the NPCs made by Beamdog tolerable? Browsing Reddit I'm getting the feel that Rassad might be ok.

About the balance, it was more about changes to some of the character kits that originally were so gimped it was kind of a let down to try them. But you're right on that, I'm thinking I'll just roll a Dragon Disciple because it sounds kewl.

Lhynn

Arcane
Beamdog npcs are shit. BG1 companions in general are onedimensional expendables, some come with a quest. Dont worry too much about them.

Doktor Best

Arcane
The vanilla BG1 companions are not like the usual Bioware companions as they have no party banter or companion quests. There are some triggers that lead to party members leaving your group if you piss them off, but thats about it.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The vanilla BG1 companions are not like the usual Bioware companions as they have no party banter or companion quests. There are some triggers that lead to party members leaving your group if you piss them off, but thats about it.
No party banter? Lol wtf game did you play? Xzar and Jaheria would totally get into a fight if left with each-other that long and would constantly complain about being in your party with them.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Tons of Banter in Vanilla BG1.. The problem is it's all LoLSOINSANE tiers of writing. They basically made BG1 how a DM would make a campaign when he's running a PnP with a couple of friends over a few beers. The writing is quick, off the cusp and seems made up as you go.

Still the banter is there and some of the quests and easter eggs are nice, Xzar with the Zhents / Shar-Teel and Angelo ect..
Also - your party members turning on each other and you either taking a side or staying neutral was pretty interesting to see.

These days Game Devs / Hack Writers are so in love with their companions they would never dare have them killed off mid-game unless there is some super ultra "Showdown" or cinematic so that you feel super sad they are gone. :roll:

I love when Xzar and Montaron try to kill khalid after hitting the first zone after Friendly Arm. No shits are given. lol

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Man, I was going for the Disciple, but this Shadowdancer kit is looking pretty cool and unique. Also considering playing a grill, but I don't know how I'll feel about having 3/4 of the cast trying to bang me.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't know what this says, but they didn't like it. 6.3/10
http://www.gry-online.pl/S016.asp?ID=28429
2255509.jpg

Overhaul Games producent

Atari / Infogrames wydawca

Strona oficjalna

RPG, fantasy, widok izometryczny, Dungeons & Dragons, funkcje cross-platform, klasyczne RPG

Siege of Dragonspear to duże rozszerzenie do gry Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition – odświeżonej wersji legendarnego izometrycznego RPG, wydanej na PC w 2012 roku. Produkcja ta, pierwotnie znana pod kryptonimem Adventure Y, stanowi łącznik pomiędzy pierwszą a drugą odsłoną cyklu Baldur’s Gate i oferuje ok. 25 godzin zabawy. Tak jak poprzednie gry z serii w edycjach rozszerzonych, omawiany tytuł w wersji PC powstał w studiu Overhaul Games, czyli jednym z oddziałów deweloperskich firmy Beamdog.

Fabuła dodatku jest powiązana z historiami opowiedzianymi przez Baldur’s Gate i Baldur’s Gate II, ale stajemy w niej przeciwko nowemu zagrożeniu. Po zabiciu Saveroka (głównego przeciwnika z pierwszej części) świat został teoretycznie ocalony przed zagładą ze strony złego dziecięcia boga Bhaala, ale w Siege of Dragonspear szybko okazuje się, że radośc była przedwczesna. Z północy nadciąga bowiem złowroga krucjata, prowadzona przez tajemniczą i charyzmatyczną wojowniczkę nazywaną Lśniącą Panią (ang. Shining Lady). Plotki głoszą, że jest ona, tak jak kierowany przez nas bohater, pomiotem Bhaala. Gracz musi ruszyć jej na spotkanie, rozpoczynając kolejną przygodę, której punktem kulminacyjnym będzie konfrontacja z przeciwnikiem w tytułowym zamku Dragonspear – ruinach stojących na portalu do Dziewięciu Piekieł, z którego niegdyś poprowadzono demoniczną inwazję na Wybrzeże Mieczy.

Wśród nowości przygotowanych na potrzeby Siege of Dragonspear na pierwszy plan, zaraz za nowymi zadaniami i lokacjami do odwiedzenia, wysuwa się czworo nieznanych wcześniej towarzyszy możliwych do przyłączenia do drużyny: kapitan Schael Corwin (ludzka łuczniczka), Voghiln the Vast (skald z północy), M’Khiin Grubdoubler (goblińska szamanka) i Glint Gardnersonson (gnom łączący cechy kleryka i łotrzyka). Charakterystyka nowych kompanów zdradza kolejną innowację – możliwość wybrania dla bohatera klasy szamana. Oprócz tego nie zabrakło nowych przedmiotów, zaklęć etc. Warto też wspomnieć o dodatkowym poziomie trudności – Story Mode – przygotowanym z myślą o graczach, którzy chcą cieszyć się opowieścią bez męczących walk.

Co ciekawe, nic nie stoi na przeszkodzie, by do rozszerzenia importować zapis stanu gry z Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition i kontynuować zabawę postacią stworzoną w „podstawce”. Co więcej, po zakończeniu zabawy z Siege of Dragonspear można przenieść osiągnięcia swoich bohaterów do Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, zaczynając nową przygodę.

Tak jak poprzednie gry z serii, omawiana produkcja w wersji PC powstała w oparciu o klasyczną technologię Infinity Engine – choć deweloper odświeżył nieco ów silnik, wprowadzając też parę zmian w interfejsie użytkownika.

Siege of Dragonspear oferuje takie same tryby zabawy jak „podstawka”. Kampanię można więc przechodzić nie tylko samotnie, ale także w kooperacyjnym multiplayerze dla maksymalnie sześciu osób. Nadal funkcjonuje on w formie cross-platformowej, co oznacza, że w przygodzie uczestniczyć mogą jednocześnie użytkownicy PC i innych platform sprzętowych.

Tryb gry: single / multiplayer Tryb multiplayer: Internet Liczba graczy: 1-6
Oczekiwania czytelników: 6.3 / 10 na podstawie 142 głosów czytelników.

Howdy

It reads more as a preview and that score is readers expectations, quite high compared to what I'd imagine the Codex score to be.

Space Insect

Arcane
I'v heard the NPC project is a good BG1 mod for banters if you want more, but I've never tried it. Just accept BG1 from the standpoint that it was trying really hard to be like what Bioware believed a normal game of D&D looked like.

pippin

bg1 had lots of banter and some of that doesn't even appear in the final game, but you can restore those with a mod. Don't remember which one, but it was fully voiced banter with the original VAs so it wasn't just a fanmade thing.

Deleted Member 16721

bg1 had lots of banter and some of that doesn't even appear in the final game, but you can restore those with a mod. Don't remember which one, but it was fully voiced banter with the original VAs so it wasn't just a fanmade thing.

Wow, did not know that. That is pretty interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom