Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Released

Chuck Norris

Augur
Can anyone explain to me how Larian fund this project all by itself without the help of demonic powers of some big publisher? This looks way too big to be self-funded.

Modron

Arcane
I'm gonna go ahead and provide a summary of the next 30 pages

1) No one wanted this!
2) It's selling a lot!
3) But it's shit, so who cares?
4) Many people!
5) Who? No one wanted this!
6) It's selling a lot!
7) But it's shit, so who cares?
It's almost like Rusty is here, Porky will try to pickup the slack

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Can anyone explain to me how Larian fund this project all by itself without the help of demonic powers of some big publisher? This looks way too big to be self-funded.
They went all in on D:OS, got a lot of money, went all-in on D:OS 2, got even more money to the point where Swen felt like he couldn't go back to kickstarter again because he was too successful for it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
He kept profits from previous games, and used them for making new game. Making computer games is not that expensive, when people are not idiots like Warhorse Studios, or CD project with Cyberpunk.

Animations are not that great, and when main character has a long beard, then the beard behavior is legendary. So, just as ELEX I it's kinda Eurojunk, but at least they released functional game. I still prefer ELEX over less junky stuff.

Mortmal

Arcane
Stadia exclusive, Swen probably got a sweet deal with them. Now, finally, hard work pays off. I remember playing a Larian game for the first time – it was Divinity, a humble beginning. It was a simple Diablo clone, but good, with more RPG elements. Now, decades later, they release a worldwide blockbuster – certainly the best D&D game ever made and possibly the best RPG ever made, nothing less. Not only that, but it's also the first time you don't even have to go to LoversLab; it's included in it."

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
They went all in on D:OS, got a lot of money, went all-in on D:OS 2, got even more money to the point where Swen felt like he couldn't go back to kickstarter again because he was too successful for it.

I am curious, what is the climate like beneath Sven's left ballsack? Humid subtropical?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I'm in the middle of the act I and every companions want to have sex with me. Seriously ?
This is a better segs game than Subverse.
Same shit as in Divinity OS 2. Writers are way too horny to actually write a compelling relationship.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I've played it some. Spent most of my time fiddling with the in-game camera controls and trying to get the dialog audio to not somehow sound like it was recorded through a Coca-Cola bottle.

So far no signs of homosexuality, but chargen was... lol?

Gotta love the degenerate fucks who want to tell me that it's "not real bestiality as it's a shapeshifted druid" that get's humped, "not a real bear". How goddamn sick are people nowadays?

Another thing I wonder: 400 pricks worked on this game and shoved all their "love" in this thing. And still the unsurpassing masterpiece that is Caves of Lore was created by a single guy. How is such a discrepancy possible? And I'm sure people will remember Caves of Lore moch fonder years later.

p.s. Terribly sorry, I'm quite a bit inebriated by cheap Bourbon so my statements may be a bit influenced by alcohol. But I still mean it.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I won't go into any real detail but I will use this thread to give some perfunctory opinions about the game for those who just want bullet point views:

- The game does seem more polished than the EA. It runs quite smoothly and looks quite impressive at times.

- If you're into story and dialog, this game is for you. There's lots of it, but much of it is quite clichéd and sophomoric imo.

- The combat is surprisingly good. In the EA, it was buggy and clunky, but the three years Larian's had to tighten it up shows. I don't like its tactical aspects quite as much as Solasta's but BG3's combat is respectable.

I'll give more occasional opinions if this post doesn't get shit-rated into oblivion.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Another thing I wonder: 400 pricks worked on this game and shoved all their "love" in this thing. And still the unsurpassing masterpiece that is Caves of Lore was created by a single guy. How is such a discrepancy possible?
Let me burst that bubble for you, mate.

There is no "love" in this thing, and never was. That's what the marketing wants you to think, because marketing strategy dictates that it works at pulling in normie masses who operate on feelings alone. Every behind the scenes documentary for every hollywood movie for the last 30+ years does this. The fact that gamers still haven't caught up with this lie yet is a testament of how retarded they all are.

MerchantKing

Learned
I'm gonna go ahead and provide a summary of the next 30 pages

1) No one wanted this!
2) It's selling a lot!
3) But it's shit, so who cares?
4) Many people!
5) Who? No one wanted this!
6) It's selling a lot!
7) But it's shit, so who cares?
8) Sale when? (asking for a friend)
It's probably already on sale for more than a 99% discount if you look in the right places.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Here are some prime delusions from retarded gamers;

This retard thinks it's your duty to support BG3 based on Larian's marketing alone. Larian's "passionate" bullshit is the prime reason you should buy the game, because Larian deserve to be rewarded for lying to you. He believes it's your duty to buy it.

QJjazzf.png

Here's another fucking retard. I don't know where he learned Mathematics, but he seems to think that AAA dev takes on twitter = BG3 is made with love. You might start to think these retards are mass produced from a retard factory somewhere. Every website everywhere is filled with innumerable comments like these.

BRRopkc.png

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Here are some prime delusions from retarded gamers;

This retard thinks it's your duty to support BG3 based on Larian's marketing alone. Larian's "passionate" bullshit is the prime reason you should buy the game, because Larian deserve to be rewarded for lying to you. He believes it's your duty to buy it.

QJjazzf.png

Here's another fucking retard. I don't know where he learned Mathematics, but he seems to think that AAA dev takes on twitter = BG3 is made with love. You might start to think these retards are mass produced from a retard factory somewhere. Every website everywhere is filled with innumerable comments like these.

BRRopkc.png
Now tell them about the tale of CDPR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom