Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I ask for a proof of white ppl repression and you show a bunch of black ppl playing in movie XDDDDDDDDDD YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING LOSER XDDDDD

Okay, I had my share of laughs. Not gonna engage with you anymore. Wallow in your delusions

Replacing a people's history and cultural historical figures is by definition a form of cultural genocide.

Population replacement (as exemplified in the graph I posted above) is a form of "soft" genocide.

All the cries of "racist," "supremacist," "hater," etc. are projection, always have been. Society today is driven by anti-White bigotry.

Shaki

Arbiter
Why does BG3 have more POC than earlier games? Simple, because the audience and the developers have both broadened, and people like to see themselves in games. Just like you! Hell, you're freaking out over not being the overwhelming majority, imagine how immersion breaking it is for others to not see anyone like them.

People want it, the developers want it, end of story. You don't have to explain racial diversity in a FICTIONAL FANTASY SETTING, you retards.
If someone made a game in a fantasy version of Africa, it would be indeed immersion breaking if it featured white people everywhere instead of niggers. Also I'm sure woke crowd would be mad af if it included ANY whites, unless they're evil invaders.

If you want a fantasy setting with racial diversity, cool, but craft your own original shit instead of taking Tolkienesque fantasy which is inspired purely by white people's myths and history, and fucking it up with woke shit.

There is plenty of games, movies, etc. coming from Asia for example, based on their own settings, inspired by Asian culture, featuring 100% asian people, and somehow no one is crying "waaaaaaah, why it has no white people in it, it's woke!!" - because obviously it isnt woke. The problem with western wokes is that rather than sharing something interesting and original based on culture of minorities they're trying to represent, they always default to "OK SO LET'S TAKE TOLKIENESQUE FANTASY, BUT HERE IS A TWIST, WE RANDOMLY INSERT NIGGERS EVERYWHERE!", and people are right to call it out.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If someone made a game in a fantasy version of Africa, it would be indeed immersion breaking if it featured white people everywhere instead of niggers.
Not if zombies, however. Check the Resident Evil 5 "outrage".

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There's a newish AI mod, AI Allies, that's fun to play with and super easy to use (basically toggle spells to select and apply selectively in the manner of the Bless type of spell, one of 7 AI behaviours - i.e. melee, ranged, melee healer, ranged healer, melee mage, ranged mage and general/random, plus a spell to remove all AI).

If you're like me and really enjoyed the configurable AI in Deadfire and in the earlier Dragon Age games, it's kind of in the same area. It's actually quite impressive how "clever" the AI is - it's really interesting to see what tactics/spells your wee guys use, under what circumstances. The fully unleashed enemy AI from the Combat Extender mod, which I've been plugging, is quite something to behold as well. It seems Larian built in some pretty good, aggressive AI behaviours, but it's all a bit pussified out of the box.

Also quite nice if you have the no party limits mod and a big party - and as with all AI mods of this type, you get a stronger feeling of being your character if he's the only one you directly control while your companions feel more like their own people.

It's funny because coming off the back of BG/2 I actually hated that your companions in the first Neverwinter game were AI controlled, but over time I've come to appreciate it as a different style of gameplay that adds an element of the unexpected, even if you can tailor your people's AI and they generally behave as you want, they can often do things that surprise you and mix up the flow of events.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
afbeelding.png
"Wyll is BG3's only person of color"

120px-Portrait-Karlach.png
120px-Portrait-Lae-zel.png
120px-Portrait-Minthara.png
120px-Portrait-Wyll.png

And that's just the companions. :M

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Act 3 is a pure nosedive in almost everything. There are still a couple of quests that keep my attention, but the drop in quality is palpable. Also this is where music with English lyrics starts appearing and beside it being immersion breaking, it’s not good at all.

Yosharian

Arcane
Act 3 is a pure nosedive in almost everything. There are still a couple of quests that keep my attention, but the drop in quality is palpable. Also this is where music with English lyrics starts appearing and beside it being immersion breaking, it’s not good at all.
Yeah it's shockingly bad, it's like a different studio developed it.

Harthwain

Magister
I ask for a proof of white ppl repression and you show a bunch of black ppl playing in movie
You don't see a problem with replacing HISTORICAL FIGURES with different ethnicities for the sake of modern diversity policy (which doesn't even make sense outside of America)? I can't tell if you're actually stupid or just a troll.

raeven

Educated

I hear this POV a lot and I find it really surprising.

Act 3 seems like by far the strongest of the three. I'm kinda surprised that they put all of the best content at the end. Comparatively acts 1 and 2 were more empty and bland / generic overall. Act 3 is where all of the reactivity to your actions previously really comes up and there are at least ten battles that match or exceed the handful of setpiece fights that capped off the previous two acts.

I also liked how in act 3 you can see how the consequences of your decisions play out, rather than just immediately move on because the content is over with.

Idk I seem to be in the minority in this but acts 1 and 2 just felt like pretty good generic fantasy for me. Act 3 is what made the game an all time favorite for me.

raeven

Educated
I ask for a proof of white ppl repression and you show a bunch of black ppl playing in movie
You don't see a problem with replacing HISTORICAL FIGURES with different ethnicities for the sake of modern diversity policy (which doesn't even make sense outside of America)? I can't tell if you're actually stupid or just a troll.
Someone is easily offended. Snowflake-esque, almost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom