Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Rhobar121

Scholar
They are going to fix triggered dialogue so that it prioritises the PC, apparently

Amazing that it took them 7 months to implement that, but ok, better late than never I guess?
At least the game gets patches 7 months after release that actually fix something, which is almost weird.

Old Hans

Arcane
They are going to fix triggered dialogue so that it prioritises the PC, apparently

Amazing that it took them 7 months to implement that, but ok, better late than never I guess?
I had a situation where I thought the game bugged out because no buttons would work on my character, but it turns out it was just Shovel the familiar trapped in a dialog with an emerald grove guard who was sending him to jail

At least the game gets patches 7 months after release that actually fix something, which is almost weird.
the console version only came out in December and is still full of annoying crap like out of sync sound and Unreal 3 engine levels of texture loading during every single cut scene.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1707865146504.png

:takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney:

raeven

Educated
I wonder if they will become completely greedy and traditionally demand more royalties and, as a result, Larian will give up the license in future games.
It wouldn't be anything new.

Would probably result in better games. While the extensive lore and worldbuilding of D&D / forgotten realms has shored up one of larians major weaknesses as a developer, I think game systems designed for CRPGs from the beginning make for better games typically.

I am still continuing with BG3, act 2 right now. What I miss the most is the world map and random encounters that were found in original BG and also Pathfinder, Pillars of Eternity, etc. As they are presented right now it's just a bunch of disjointed maps.
Also no day/night cycle, also no reputation system. It feels like a more advanced Divinity game with much more emphasis on LGBTQ propaganda. I am pushing hard not to have gay sex in a lot of scenarios.
What I do like and find it unique, it's how some of the fights can have different outcomes if you win or loose.

Last edited:

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Never thought I’d say it, but after exposure to the Larian written companions, Minsc is a gust of fresh air.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
The best CRPG ever keeps getting better.

Larian is the greatest game studio ever with the biggest game genius since Miyamato at the helm.

Next game will win GOTY again

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
They preffer to patch Dating Sim bullshit instead of actually making a decent inventory. Amazing.

I'm starting to get creep out by all this added romance bullshit. Gives me parasocial relationships vibes at this point

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Can't wait for Polearm Master to still be broken after 6 patches.

https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-6-now-live_108

Fixed a bug where the Polearm Master feat reaction would trigger and cause your target to attack you when they're also wielding a polearm.

Thank you Larian, I will now change my 3 to a 4 on the RPGcodex GOTY vote.
This site hi-lighted something different: Baldur's Gate 3's Enormous Patch 6 Adds New and Randomised Kisses for Every Romantic Partner, and a Whole Lot More

Moink

Cipher
Can't wait for Polearm Master to still be broken after 6 patches.

https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-6-now-live_108

Fixed a bug where the Polearm Master feat reaction would trigger and cause your target to attack you when they're also wielding a polearm.

Thank you Larian, I will now change my 3 to a 4 on the RPGcodex GOTY vote.
This site hi-lighted something different: Baldur's Gate 3's Enormous Patch 6 Adds New and Randomised Kisses for Every Romantic Partner, and a Whole Lot More
Playing to the audience of
decline.png

rgorvv.webp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom