Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

kigmathelm

Literate
The whole woke criticism on my side comes down to the point that there is no actual diversity in the game. Everyone talks and acts like a modern human being, they just look differently and maybe want to fuck different things. FFS, you have half demon race and they're almost exclusively good guys.

Having well defined races / cultures is interesting, this 'everyone's actually the same with 21st century morality' shit is boring and not immersive at all. If they wanted to add more African looking people in the game - I'd prefer if they just added a new race or two which looked like that. Same with women that are essentially men without dicks in this game - no behavioral differences and in fact they more often seem to be type for melee combat.

While game has some good visuals - the Baldurs Gate looks really unremarkable and music is kinda meh. All in all, I had some good fun in Acts 1 and 2 mostly due to combat-loot-levelup loop, but at the half of Act 3 I kinda got bored. Think I might never actually finish it and rather dabble with honor mode.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
Act 3 is where the game falls off a cliff
The classic big city in RPG experience, yes. I fucking hate cities in RPGs
This game has a tiny selection of OK outfits. The vast majority look like weird overly designed high fashion horseshit. we cant just have a normal chain hauberk. It needs have buttons and shoulder pads and zippers.
That's how Swen likes them.

Not joking btw. Iirc some Divinity OS 2 dev log has him talking about how amazing the armour designs are because they have lots of details.

Percy

Cipher
Swen be more selective with your shit posting, you've jumped the shark a few times.
Who gives a fuck if the ex-New Zealand prime minister does some things on youtube.
Outside of that, i rate you 3.5/5 trannies for trolling.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Screenshot_20240211-174053.png

1707669735834.png

Sturdyv

Barely Literate
Just started playing this game and need somewhere to vent my frustrations since I don't have friends.
-Every character is too conventionally attractive.
-Too much emphasis with the companions on romancing them.
-Character models have very little variation. Why is it half-orcs just look like humans with orc faces? Why can't I tell at a glance what race someone is?
-Character customization is horrible. Having every haircut and beard for every race means they look mediocre on everyone.
-Same inventory problems as DoS:2
k thanks

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The classic big city in RPG experience, yes. I fucking hate cities in RPGs
Very much this, yeah. BG3 elevates this to a whole another level though, with quest NPCs literally swarming the streets of Baldur’s Gate. They‘ve given them some one-liners to attract player’s attention which they repeat constantly and it becomes so annoying you stop paying any. It’s a horrible game design. BG1’s Baldur’s Gate wasn’t good either, but at least it encouraged you to seek for the adventure with quest NPCs being rather a rare occurrence. Of course it’s changed with BG2 where the world was already your oyster railroaded into “tailored” experience although still bearing a divine touch of incline.

DemonKing

Arcane
-Character models have very little variation. Why is it half-orcs just look like humans with orc faces? Why can't I tell at a glance what race someone is?
Just play a Dragonborn - you can go crazy with horns, spikes, tails, skin textures etc. Also it looks hilarious when your puny companions gamely romance you.

Sturdyv

Barely Literate
Just play a Dragonborn - you can go crazy with horns, spikes, tails, skin textures etc. Also it looks hilarious when your puny companions gamely romance you.
Oh I did. They are about the only race I think looks decent. Its bad when I prefer the character models from a game that came out in 2011. For a game based on DND the character editing is majorly lacking...but you know, we got genitals!

Yosharian

Arcane
They are going to fix triggered dialogue so that it prioritises the PC, apparently

Amazing that it took them 7 months to implement that, but ok, better late than never I guess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom