Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

raeven

Educated
Will there be a chance to get rid of Gale in act III? Haven’t got one this far :(

You can blow him up and end the game, if that's what you mean.

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Not exactly, I mean game event that makes it possible to permadump companion one way or another. E.g. I’ve handed Astarion to the monster hunter and offed SH during camp event.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Not exactly, I mean game event that makes it possible to permadump companion one way or another. E.g. I’ve handed Astarion to the monster hunter and offed SH during camp event.

You just need to sever his hand when you first met him via portal. Dunno if you have to be Urge for that one though.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

You just need to sever his hand when you first met him via portal. Dunno if you have to be Urge for that one though.

You can just not touch a malfunctioning portal.

Seriously, why the fuck would anyone with any sense go up to a weirdly malfunctioning portal and touch it?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The nigger removal mod makes the game much more immersive.

Seriously.

Were there any niggers in BG1 apart from Dynaheir? (And her a traveler from a distant and exotic land.) Sarevok/Koveras was obviously white, BTW.

What the fuck do they want us to believe happened to the Sword Coast between the events of 1 and 3?

Well you might expect a few people from Chult here and there in a major port town, just like there were a few "Blackamoors" floating around in Europe in mediaeval times, but they'd be very, very, rare, and notable.

There is simply no good canonical reason for the number of Blacks in the game out of the box, it's purely an ideological carbuncle, purely an imposition, purely a "fuck you Whitey, you can't have White things" from insane ideologues.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Highest rated game on metacritic baby!

afbeelding.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There is simply no good canonical reason for the number of Blacks in the game out of the box.
It's a video game.

It's a videogame based loosely on a European mediaeval/renaissance type of setting.

It's the same bullshit excuse for people breaking their own rules with magic or superpowers - these things are fantasy, sure, but fantasy or magic have to have their own internal rules that they have to stick to at risk of incoherence, and therefore loss of suspension of disbelief from participants. Otherwise all you've got is human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together and mass hysteria. i.e. just chaotic rubbish that nobody's going to want to play.

So unless we're informed that the laws of biology don't work in this notional universe any more, biology and evolution function, therefore you get races from the good old method of relative geographic isolation for appreciable lengths of time. Therefore rainbow hodge-podges of races don't make any sense (again, unless there's an explanation - e.g. some forms of cheap mass travel have been invented).

But what am I saying? I'm treating these people as if they're doing principled fantasy-world-building - where really the only principle they're working on is anti-Whiteness.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I mentioned Combat Extender above, and how flexible it is, being Script Extender based. Mod author has just added a config option for including spells from the 5e spells mod. Now an enemy mage can roast you with Aganazzer's Scorcher out of the blue. :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cat playthrough:

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-player-completes-the-game-while-playing-as-a-party-of-cats/

Baldur's Gate 3 player completes the game while playing as a party of cats​

Narrowly avoids cat-astrophe.

Baldur's Gate 3 is the video game equivalent of one of those school rulers that says "shatter resistant" on it. Because it makes a point of how flexible it is, all the rowdy schoolkids immediately want to see exactly how far it will bend before it breaks. Hiding from teacher at the back of the class, YouTuber Proxy Gate Tactician decided to fold the ruler in half and then sit on it by playing Baldur's Gate 3 entirely as a party of cats.

This is theoretically possible because of the Druid class' Wild Shape ability, letting those woodsy folk transform into a variety of animal forms including cats. Having already played 900 hours of BG3, Proxy decides to try running through the entire game in feline form, only leaving it when the game forces him to, such as during cutscenes or if he gets hit during combat. Moreover, any party members he recruits are multi-classed to use the Druid's Wild Shape ability, meaning he must herd four cats through the entire game.

The result, as you might expect, is shenanigans galore. Cats, Proxy discovers, cannot talk to humans, are rubbish in combat, and can only jump about three feet. Not only does this mean Proxy cannot embark on many of the game's quests, it also means deploying elaborate workarounds to most puzzles and combat scenarios. Two things BG3 cats can do is move stuff around, and meow to draw NPCs toward them. So to win his first combat encounter, Proxy uses his meow to draw all the enemies to the same location, builds a big stack of boxes to reach a large stone block dangling from a wooden crane, and then swipes at the rope with his claws, dropping the stone onto everyone beneath him.

Other techniques Proxy employs are what he dubs "cat bombs", barrels he deploys in the game world and ignites using a candle, and enlisting the help of a myconid necromancer in the underdark. Eventually, he gains access to more powerful cat forms like a panther and a sabretooth tiger, making combat easier. But the playthrough was still by no means straightforward. Indeed, some solutions required a lot of brute forcing. In the shadowcursed lands, he has to drag the moonlight sceptre that stops you taking constant damage through the whole area, because cats cannot pick it up. He also spent three hours trying to get through the final door in the Gauntlet of Shar, as cats cannot access the gems required to open it. In the end, he got through by building a huge box ladder to go over the top of the door.

During the playthrough, Proxy noted some interesting observations. "When in cat form you only take 1 damage from falling no matter the height" he writes in a Reddit post discussing the playthrough, also adding that "Alert and Tavern Brawler both function while wildshaped and are very powerful upgrades." What interests me most about this playthrough, though, is the different perspective it lends to the game. As a cat, proxy cannot talk to any humans, but he can talk to animals, meaning that, outside of moments when the game forces the plot upon you, the game is mostly about solving the personal problems of critters. Or not solving them, in some cases, when a blue jay asks Proxy for help in dealing with a pesky eagle, Proxy responds by murdering the blue jay because "all birds are enemies of cats. He should have learned that one back in bird school."

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

It's a videogame based loosely on a European mediaeval/renaissance type of setting.
This is not why you are angry about it.

I'm not angry, just kind of bored with it, tired of it. Tired of seeing niggers plastered everywhere in all modern product, tired of the quasi-religious ideological observance of "diversity" and "inclusion."

They are not my people, and in a setting that's supposed to be comfy and have mainly my people in it, I don't want to see lots of Blacks hulking around.

I get enough of that in real life.

Reyvik

Novice
I'm not angry, just kind of bored with it, tired of it. Tired of seeing niggers plastered everywhere in all modern product, tired of the quasi-religious ideological observance of "diversity" and "inclusion."

They are not my people, and in a setting that's supposed to be comfy and have mainly my people in it, I don't want to see lots of Blacks hulking around.

Your people? I am white, you are not my people. I thought we left tribalism behind, I guess it still lives with some of you shitstains.

There is a game called gothic. It has more poc characters than any other modern game yet nobody gives a fuck about if, even Poles who are known for their racist remarks. Why this game was spared? Mostly because 25 years ago people didn't give a shit about politics in their media. You fucking cunts to put so much emphasis on something so insignificant which has absolutely no influence of game quality that it's just pathetic. Why so much hate? Have you ever go outside? Talk with anybody other than your discord greasy friends? What's your excuse for being such a cunt?

AfterVirtue

Literate
not like forgotten realms has a cohesive physics or biology systems that explain teleportation, turning things to rock, or how a fuckhuge fat lizard can fly between continents

Although the setting is often called "medieval fantasy," the only possible explanation is that the inhabitants of the setting are degenerates who live in 1,000,000 AD. Technology is so advanced that it has gone ambient, but those who engineered it have passed, and the people who live in the setting have by and large forgotten how to employ it -- though wizards and other spellcasters stumble across methods that work in limited ways. (As an aside, the 3e PHB literally states this: That spellcasters stumble across things that work, but have no idea why. "If I do this and say that, this happens.")

Over this gulf of time, speciation -- guided or not -- has resulted in a wide array of humanoid races who can sometimes cross-breed.

The Gods are post-humans who have figured out the nature of reality and how to manipulate its ambient nanobots and other tech.

The Forgotten Realms is basically a far-future simulator. And it's almost infinitely more plausible as a human future than something "science fiction" flavored like, e.g., Mass Effect. (Which totally ignores relativity among other failings.)

There are quite a few books along such lines. The Viriconium series by M. John Harrison is a particularly famous one. More recently, Paul McAuley's War of the Maps, which takes place among humanlike degenerates -- reverted back to a stable almost-medieval state -- who live on a Dyson Sphere around a white dwarf in the distant year 10^30 AD.
The official and far simpler explanation for all the shit that doesn't make sense is that 'a wizard did it', or overgod in Ao's case - he sets the cosmic rules and in his campaign setting giant fat lizards can fly and people in pointy hats teleport and call meteors from the sky. If you want sufficiently advanced technology indistinguishable from magic and regressed humans just read Lord of Light or something.

Although the setting is often called "medieval fantasy," the only possible explanation is that the inhabitants of the setting are degenerates who live in 1,000,000 AD. Technology is so advanced that it has gone ambient, but those who engineered it have passed, and the people who live in the setting have by and large forgotten how to employ it -- though wizards and other spellcasters stumble across methods that work in limited ways. (As an aside, the 3e PHB literally states this: That spellcasters stumble across things that work, but have no idea why. "If I do this and say that, this happens.")
There are quite a few books along such lines. The Viriconium series by M. John Harrison is a particularly famous one. More recently, Paul McAuley's War of the Maps, which takes place among humanlike degenerates -- reverted back to a stable almost-medieval state -- who live on a Dyson Sphere around a white dwarf in the distant year 10^30 AD.
If only someone had ever written a series of stories about a far-future dying earth in which magic is essentially mathematics, and if only that had influenced the magic system of Dungeons & Dragons. :M

Vance_The_Dying_Earth_cover__07217.1687451129.jpg

Well, just to post something (that will be drowned) waiting for the end of the "account quarantine" [edit: not quarantined anymore, it seems]... I think that Farmer's World of Tiers would another good candidate. Perhaps even better suited to "degenerates who live in 1,000,000 AD. Technology is so advanced that it has gone ambient, but those who engineered it have passed, and the people who live in the setting have by and large forgotten how to employ it". And degeneracy, of course.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Your people? I am white, you are not my people. I thought we left tribalism behind, I guess it still lives with some of you shitstains.

There is a game called gothic. It has more poc characters than any other modern game yet nobody gives a fuck about if, even Poles who are known for their racist remarks. Why this game was spared? Mostly because 25 years ago people didn't give a shit about politics in their media. You fucking cunts to put so much emphasis on something so insignificant which has absolutely no influence of game quality that it's just pathetic. Why so much hate? Have you ever go outside? Talk with anybody other than your discord greasy friends? What's your excuse for being such a cunt?

Literally shut your bitch nigger mouth, mu'fucka.

ropetight

Savant

25 years ago if there was "poc" in traditional European setting, there was an explanation why he was there.
Was it that was land of "poc", or he was islamic friend of Robin Hood that traveled with him after Crusades, there was a reason why that character was there.
Because there was not "poc" in those lands, no matter what University of Jada Pinkett Smith says about it.

Nowadays, it seems like there was islamic, "poc" people that were native to Europe at every step, in fantasy, or in rewriting the mythos and history.
As you asked so much questions about hate, why do you think it is neccesary to brainwash British and others that there was native "poc" population in Europe before King Arthur?
And why are people reacting to it so negatively?
It is because it is what you would call "cultural appropriation", and somehow nobody likes that.

Reyvik

Novice
25 years ago if there was "poc" in traditional European setting, there was an explanation why he was there.
Was it that was land of "poc", or he was islamic friend of Robin Hood that traveled with him after Crusades, there was a reason why that character was there.
Because there was not "poc" in those lands, no matter what University of Jada Pinkett Smith says about it.

Nowadays, it seems like there was islamic, "poc" people that were native to Europe at every step, in fantasy, or in rewriting the mythos and history.
As you asked so much questions about hate, why do you think it is neccesary to brainwash British and others that there was native "poc" population in Europe before King Arthur?
It is because it is what you would call "cultural appropriation", and somehow nobody likes that.
No you fucking moron. There wasn't a single dialogue line explaining why half of water mages are black or why Diego is hispanic etc. Nobody gave a fuck about this. You suddenly care about it, I don't even no why.

Who gives a fuck about accuracy in some mythos or other shit? People who want to know real history will read a book or something. And don't tell me that you will not find any truthful sources just because netflix released tv series set in medieval period with POC characters. If you base your knowledge about history on this shit you are fuckin disgrace. You all act like all these PRODUCTS that are being made with profit in mind are somewhat important for our civilisation and have some huge impact on people's live. Get the fuck outside and start realizing that nobody, and let me repeat it, nobody gives a shit about it

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
There is simply no good canonical reason for the number of Blacks in the game out of the box.
It's a video game.

It's the same bullshit excuse for people breaking their own rules with magic or superpowers - these things are fantasy, sure, but fantasy or magic have to have their own internal rules that they have to stick to at risk of incoherence, and therefore loss of suspension of disbelief from participants. Otherwise all you've got is human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together and mass hysteria. i.e. just chaotic rubbish that nobody's going to want to play.

So unless we're informed that the laws of biology don't work in this notional universe any more, biology and evolution function, therefore you get races from the good old method of relative geographic isolation for appreciable lengths of time. Therefore rainbow hodge-podges of races don't make any sense (again, unless there's an explanation - e.g. some forms of cheap mass travel have been invented).

But what am I saying? I'm treating these people as if they're doing principled fantasy-world-building - where really the only principle they're working on is anti-Whiteness.
IMO BG3 setting is based on extreme soy cringe and faggotry. I hope they remove all whites because I don't want to see my own kin at risk of getting fictional AIDS.

ropetight

Savant

No you fucking moron. There wasn't a single dialogue line explaining why half of water mages are black or why Diego is hispanic etc. Nobody gave a fuck about this. You suddenly care about it, I don't even no why.

Who gives a fuck about accuracy in some mythos or other shit? People who want to know real history will read a book or something. And don't tell me that you will not find any truthful sources just because netflix released tv series set in medieval period with POC characters. If you base your knowledge about history on this shit you are fuckin disgrace. You all act like all these PRODUCTS that are being made with profit in mind are somewhat important for our civilisation and have some huge impact on people's live. Get the fuck outside and start realizing that nobody, and let me repeat it, nobody gives a shit about it
I know now that I have been in wrong.
Because Reykjavik told me so; and wise that fella is.
Reykjavik thinks he is not moronic cunt that he likes to call others when he mumbles incohenrently.
He is a gentle fella, bringing so much to the discussion.
Reykjavik is also at tender age of 12 years old, as he thinks that his antics will somehow impress anyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom