Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Baldr's Squid Isekai: A Parody - now available on Early Access

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hi everyone, let’s take a look at how parties operate in Baldr’s Squid Isekai!

Heroes

c3fc71a5e981d3bcd70900659dad130b_original.png

Heroes are the more traditional RPG party members. These will be your companions, and you can interact (nudge nudge wink wink) with them outside of combat in a multitude of different ways.

In combat, heroes are individuals and have unique skills. You can learn new skills or improve existing ones through a skill tree (we’re really on the cutting edge of innovation here!).

Lackeys

c174748068d9468218601a5b750d9d81_original.png

You won’t be braving the dangers of the Wild alone. No, instead you’ll be taking a small squad of lackeys with you! Lackeys are the members of your Dorm that aren’t important enough to be named, like the unpopular kids in an anime high school drama.

They make up for this lack of charisma with sheer numbers, which is reflected in their larger HP pools. Lackeys are also led by an especially strong specimen of their kind, usually focusing on defense, offense or ranged attacks.

Lackeys have their own type of skill tree, including important non-combat abilities!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Less than a week to go so I added a new stretch goal.

Stretch Goal #6: New Romanceable Character

Have you ever wanted to romance a Lovecraftian dom mommy? Well, here's your chance!

If this stretch goal is met, we'll create a romance path for the game's resident cosmic horror.

She's kind of a party pooper though.

Warning: The silhouette displayed below is not indicative of the final design of this grotesque, and probably well-bosomed monstrosity.

d9da9c027e726dfb9ad2fe90858382d4_original.png

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Congrats on the successful KS! I have no idea what I'm expecting from this one, but I'm happy to have backed it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Less than a week to go so I added a new stretch goal.

Stretch Goal #6: New Romanceable Character

Have you ever wanted to romance a Lovecraftian dom mommy? Well, here's your chance!

If this stretch goal is met, we'll create a romance path for the game's resident cosmic horror.

She's kind of a party pooper though.

Warning: The silhouette displayed below is not indicative of the final design of this grotesque, and probably well-bosomed monstrosity.

d9da9c027e726dfb9ad2fe90858382d4_original.png

I am intrigued.

:mhd:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hi everyone,

In case you haven't visited the FAQ section of the campaign, here's what I wrote down for the release timeline:

"We intend to go into Early Access/Open Beta in January 2024, likely starting with a combat test. This period should only last three months, during which we'll improve and polish the game until it's ready for full release."

Yes, this is a startlingly short timeline for most kickstarter projects, which generally have a delivery timeline of "sometime years from now."

We are still planning to hit a January release (which, if you know me by now, means January 31st). There is some likelihood that it may slip into February due to non-development related issues (builds need to be approved by the storefront, etc). But we're pretty optimistic that you'll get your hands on this pretty soon.

The game is comparatively short. It's hard for us to gauge average playtime, but we're shooting for something around 10 hours. A lot of the game is combat, but there is a hefty RPG and character interaction component similar to Memoirs.

As always, I'm more than happy to answer questions if you have any :D.

Ash

Arcane
This is very funny...to read and browse for 2 mins. Game parodies are for lame tards, both dev and players. Just make a thread laughing at the game in question like a normal person instead. A parody in game form is peak retardation as you produce the very thing you mock and have no identity or value of your own outside of the comedy moments.
Stop contributing to the decline eh? It would be one thing to just produce some juicy screenshots like the above, but you're making an ENTIRE GAME on this weak and soulless premise. Faggot decline-enabler.

And before you accuse me of being a butthurt fanboy, I HATE anything Bioware-esque I ever played with a passion, and have also not played BG3 even though it is supposedly better than that piss-poor standard and likely never will.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This is very funny...to read and browse for 2 mins. Game parodies are for lame tards, both dev and players.
Just make a thread laughing at the game in question like a normal person instead. A parody in game form is peak retardation as you produce the very thing you mock and have no identity or value of your own outside of the comedy moments. Stop contributing to the decline eh?

This game is essentially a high effort fuck you to BG3 and the entire RPG industry.

So it's like a shitpost but I'm getting paid. Oh, and I get to promote my objectively superior vanilla fetishes.

Win-win-win.

:smug:

Ash

Arcane
The only valid fuck you would be to make a better game. You're just producing shit that is probably worse. Funny, but what merit does it have as a game of its own? What gameplay value? What purpose will the music serve in this vision? Atmosphere and immersion, forget it. And so on. Everything being built on the premise of mocking another game is shallow as fuck. If you're mocking the industry as a whole, that's a little deeper but still inadequate. All the comedy games I can think of the comedy is mocking something far deeper/more broad e.g GTA: Vice City mocks society on the whole, various cultures, authoritarianism, advertising etc etc, and still retains an interesting core separate story of its own outside of that humor, as well as has gameplay ambitions (freedom in a big open world) and so forth. Basically, despite the comedy being far deeper, it is also merely in the background, not the entire focus of the experience, and has extensive ambitions and merit elsewhere. Now obviously as an indie you can't go that far, but you don't have to produce worthless shit either. As mentioned, you can produce the same end result from a simple thread or comic strip.

...I know how insanely labor-intensive game dev is and I don't take pleasure in getting in-between a man and his bottom line, so I'm out of here I suppose. Just know you're contributing to the decline of society.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The only valid fuck you would be to make a better game. You're just producing shit that is probably worse. Funny, but what merit does it have as a game? What gameplay value? What purpose will the music serve in this vision? Atmosphere and immersion, forget it. And so on. Everything being built on the premise of mocking another game is shallow as fuck. If you're mocking the industry as a whole, that's a little deeper but still inadequate.

But, I know how insanely labor-intensive game dev is and I don't take pleasure in getting in-between a man and his bottom line. Just know you're contributing to the decline of society. Farewell.

You know, I don't think anyone ever said this to justify their worth as a creative but:

You should play my hooker game if you haven't. I'd be genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts.

Ash

Arcane
Haha.

I have absurdly high standards and a disdain for glorified degeneracy* so I'll have to pass, however I don't doubt that the game is full of creativity. As mentioned, I know how insanely labor-intensive this shit is and it is boring asf if you don't get creative along the way. Also what other hooker RPGs are there? None. So I believe you, but that's doesn't mean the end result is good or worth playing. If it truly is, try to convince me. I don't want to pass up on anything that might be worthy.

*as humans we will always be varying degrees of degenerate, but it's supposed to be shamed and condemned, not screamed from the rooftops, celebrated and encouraged like today's society. At this rate society will fail.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Haha.

I have absurdly high standards and a disdain for glorified degeneracy* so I'll have to pass, however I don't doubt that the game is full of creativity. As mentioned, I know how insanely labor-intensive this shit is and it is boring asf if you don't get creative along the way. Also what other hooker RPGs are there? None. So I believe you, but that's doesn't mean the end result is good or worth playing. If it truly is, try to convince me. I don't want to pass up on anything that might be worthy.

*as humans we will always be varying degrees of degenerate, but it's supposed to be shamed and condemned, not screamed from the rooftops, celebrated and encouraged like today's society. At this rate society will fail.

I'm too lazy to convince anyone to play my games (a tremendous fault for a gamedev). Luckily, another codexer wrote pages and pages of a Let's Play: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/lets-play-tyranicons-memoirs-of-a-battle-brothel.147180/

Dhaze also later changed his avatar to one of my characters, a move which I'll take to assume he likes the game.

You'll probably have figured out whether or not you want to play it after the first page.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It’s probably no surprise that this game will have factions, but they will work differently than my previous games.

At the start of the game, the player character gets to choose which Dorm they want to join. Their Dorm will be their place of safety and relaxation, and also decide which companions they will have for the rest of the game.

All participants have one goal: win the ultimate prize of an undisclosed but assuredly very large amount of money fr fr no cap.

Dorms​

Dorm Noblebright

Hailing from the Good Kingdom, Princess Hygienne and her loyal bodyguard/BFF Trista brought along a full battalion of King Solar’s Royal Army to help them on their quest.

Ostensibly they will use the winnings to fund the Good Kingdom’s Most Righteous Purging of Goblinoids, but if a good portion of the money is allocated to a decadent vacation in the Tropical Drug Orgy Isles, the pair won’t mind that either.

Dorm Emo

A butt-worshiping shadow priestess and a depressed, kleptomaniac assassin. Name a more iconic duo.

Asuka Twopiece and her even more anime partner Rouge are both registered citizens of the Evil Wizard Empire, but their purpose in the Squid Series is their own. Presumably, Asuka will use her portions of the winnings to build a temple to her dreaded butt god, and Rouge will start a commune of beatnik artists somewhere.

Dorm Barbarian

As the name suggests, this dorm is made up of denizens from the Surprisingly Democratic and Civilized Hordes of the North. The famed barbarian hero Ferrand has entered the competition not for gold, but glory. He seeks the most powerful of opponents.

On the other hand, the fire mage Morgana is very much in it for the money. She’s tired of living in the lands of snow, well-muscled men, and elections. No, once she wins the competition, she plans on living a life of unregulated hedonism in her homeland, the Confederation of Greedy Merchant States.

Secret Factions (whoa)​

SINGER

A very nice lady-entity who’s totally not suspicious at all.

CONTROL

The global conspiracy guys, back at it again.

Actual Secret

Mum’s the word on this one.

damn it got 7k usd lol.
you can pirate it a hundred times so he loses money

Is this a Unity reference? Not made on Unity fortunately. They also rolled it back anyways, so not only is their leadership money-grubbing idiots, they're also spineless cowards too.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
It’s probably no surprise that this game will have factions, but they will work differently than my previous games.

At the start of the game, the player character gets to choose which Dorm they want to join. Their Dorm will be their place of safety and relaxation, and also decide which companions they will have for the rest of the game.

All participants have one goal: win the ultimate prize of an undisclosed but assuredly very large amount of money fr fr no cap.

Dorms​

Dorm Noblebright

Hailing from the Good Kingdom, Princess Hygienne and her loyal bodyguard/BFF Trista brought along a full battalion of King Solar’s Royal Army to help them on their quest.

Ostensibly they will use the winnings to fund the Good Kingdom’s Most Righteous Purging of Goblinoids, but if a good portion of the money is allocated to a decadent vacation in the Tropical Drug Orgy Isles, the pair won’t mind that either.

Dorm Emo

A butt-worshiping shadow priestess and a depressed, kleptomaniac assassin. Name a more iconic duo.

Asuka Twopiece and her even more anime partner Rouge are both registered citizens of the Evil Wizard Empire, but their purpose in the Squid Series is their own. Presumably, Asuka will use her portions of the winnings to build a temple to her dreaded butt god, and Rouge will start a commune of beatnik artists somewhere.

Dorm Barbarian

As the name suggests, this dorm is made up of denizens from the Surprisingly Democratic and Civilized Hordes of the North. The famed barbarian hero Ferrand has entered the competition not for gold, but glory. He seeks the most powerful of opponents.

On the other hand, the fire mage Morgana is very much in it for the money. She’s tired of living in the lands of snow, well-muscled men, and elections. No, once she wins the competition, she plans on living a life of unregulated hedonism in her homeland, the Confederation of Greedy Merchant States.

Secret Factions (whoa)​

SINGER

A very nice lady-entity who’s totally not suspicious at all.

CONTROL

The global conspiracy guys, back at it again.

Actual Secret

Mum’s the word on this one.

damn it got 7k usd lol.
you can pirate it a hundred times so he loses money

Is this a Unity reference? Not made on Unity fortunately. They also rolled it back anyways, so not only is their leadership money-grubbing idiots, they're also spineless cowards too.
if you believe it to be something as FOTMy as Unity, then I question the quality of humour in your game
may have to rethink investing in your product kiddo...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A little over 60 minutes to go on the kickstarter and all stretch goals are funded!

I'm gonna splurge on some groceries!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom