Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Baldr's Squid Isekai: A Parody - now available on Early Access

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1619485858/baldrs-squid-isekai-a-parody

So some of you may have caught wind of a secret parody project that I've been working on. It started as an elaborate joke (the best kind of origin story) and now it's grounded enough that I can say it'll probably release this year.

It's short, and kind of insulting, and maybe sort of funny if you're not one of the types of people being insulted.

It'll also double as a systems and mechanics test for That Which Rises, which is what I'm really interested in.

I'll have more information later, but you can probably guess from the tags the subject matter.

1696106778840.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's also pixel art because I'm lazy.

Take a look at the legally distinct Squidman and his intellect squirrel.

I may or may not overuse the intellect squirrel as an endgame enemy if I run out of combat ideas. *coff**coff* like a certain 'nother studio.

fghnbvnbmnb.gif
fdgdfbvcb.gif

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
title 2c.png

Baldr’s Squid Isekai is an adult parody RPG with lots of violence, sex, and drug use (in the form of potions… and weed!).

It is an affectionate jab at the age-old genres of cRPG and JRPG, and totally not specifically focused on Baldur’s Gate 3 and Three Houses set within a Squid Game-like situation.

Baldr’s Squid Isekai is a party-gathering, turn-based game in which you play as a participant in the Squid-related Series of Very Dangerous Combat Encounters Broken by Social Survival Type Scenarios.

The main thrust of the gameplay is leveling your characters, getting better loot, and of course, having ludicrous amounts of sexual intercourse with your unexplainably horny companions that also do not have defined sexual orientations!

There are roguelite elements as well, so you can play for thousands of hours if you have nothing better to do!

There are no Lovecraftian, cosmic horror type things in this game at all! They certainly won’t appear in New Game+ runs!

Don’t expect anything! Sanity is not statistical! This is a joke!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Welcome back to Tyranicon's game where he gives no fucks. On this episode, a character reveal!

Asuka Twopiece, priestess of the ancient and dark deity known only as... Asshole Man, patron god of Asses, Donkeys and Orbital Space Lasers.

Dislikes: Mocking her stupid religion, hairstyle changes

title 2d.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The mismatched font and graphics is triggering me. :x

So there's a rare feature in the game: font options. One pixel font that matches the graphics and two high visibility ones.

Here's the pixel font:

1697515242092.png

Art looks a bit sussy

The pixel stuff or the character art? Characters are full-resolution that have been pixelized. The full res versions will also be in the game.

Sunri

Liturgist
Character art i would say this is 99% ai art before pixelation a mean the knight lady but the second one scores like 50% on the sussy rate she looks like she was generated by ai and then someone worked on her face at least but the first ai for sho.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Character art i would say this is 99% ai art before pixelation a mean the knight lady but the second one scores like 50% on the sussy rate she looks like she was generated by ai and then someone worked on her face at least but the first ai for sho.

Man, I hope not, we paid good money for this shit :baka:

If it's some midjourney garbage, I could've just saved the dough.

But I have the full res versions and if this is AI-gen, then artists are fucked. You can usually tell because of the flatness of the colors. Also I've seen the sketches, so while this could be some high-level grift, I doubt it.

I'm assuming a lot of people would actually prefer full-res, I just find the pixel one charming (and fits the pixel style better).

title 2c full res.png

Sunri

Liturgist
Internet is telling me that the pixelated art is ai, but the normal version is likely human now I'm not so sure but the hair and pose looks like some ai shit, or maybe it's just generic anime look but i got similar result when i was toying with ai art it's unfortunate that the hands are hidden

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Looks hand drawn to me, albeit not the best artist out there considering the lack of line weight variety. Still pretty serviceable and the pixelation actually masks the line weight issue.
Though I'm not particularly fond of parody games that target specific titles since all the jokes will be horribly outdated by the time something playable is out. The bear sex thing specifically refers to the meme born trailer. You don't see it ingame unless you go your way to romance the druid as a player character, so people won't get the context if they weren't familiar with the meme.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
do I need to have played Baldur's Gayt 3 past Act I to fully enjoy this? Asking for a friend
Nah. While it is BG3-focused it doesn't really get into the story stuff (BG3 story makes fun of itself really). Game is going to be a collection jokes about D&D and JRPGs in general. Also FE Three Houses and anime.

The game also should have a surprisingly robust combat system for a parody game, but we'll see.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Welcome back to Tyranicon's game where he gives no fucks. On this episode, a character reveal!

Asuka Twopiece, priestess of the ancient and dark deity known only as... Asshole Man, patron god of Asses, Donkeys and Orbital Space Lasers.

Dislikes: Mocking her stupid religion, hairstyle changes

View attachment 42233
I will fuck this fictional character

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I guess you don't like money then. Well, like they say. You can lead a camel to water, but you can't make it drink...

Cum. Bull cum.

You can't make the camel drink cum.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
baldrs-squid-isekai.jpg

Just announced by the modest dev of Memoirs of a Battle Brothel, an upcoming parody RPG based on Baldur's Gate 3, Squid Game, and Three Houses, poking fun at RPG tropes. Expected release early 2024.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom