Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Avowed Deep Dive at Xbox Developer Direct 2024

Peachcurl

Cipher
The combat bit looked decent _for a game of this type_.
Literally Skyrim.
Zero physical feedback for attacks. Enemies don't stagger, aren't pushed back, your sword doesn't deflect from their mass, I bet it feels awful. No weight at all.
I agree with the first part of your statement, that's why I said decent rather than great. Skyrim also had decent combat (it was crap in other departments). And if avowed is as memable, I guess everyone profits?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Ha! When I said that after Baldur's Gate 3, developers would add pretty girls to games, no one believed me.

The entire dialogue model, animations and colors scream "BG3". Postponement of the premiere must have been a consequence of aesthetic changes. So Josh's original vision, where every woman looks like a dry lesbian, has been buried.

I wonder what else they changed?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Few observations from the vid,

- combat looks rough
- game looks unfinished overall
- looks like a reskin of Outer Worlds
- these devs speak as if they are retarded and reading from a script
- everyone seems scared
- you cannot sense any love and passion that went into this project... looks like someone is forcing them to do it
- they are boasting with basic stuff and presenting it as something which is OH MUY GERD
- lip sync is very bad but who cares for that
- biomes aren't distinct enough (i.e. volcanic and tropical biome looks too similar)
- in some weird way it reminds me of MMX? (must be the plastic looking assets)
- reminds me of like a downgraded version of Amalur (which came out in 2012)

Butter

Arcane
Patron
freaks_obsidian.png

?

Peachcurl

Cipher
Also whats with the cringe and general uneasiness of people talking in front of the camera, looks like they are in front of a firing squad
Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera. Especially not in this field.

In fact, that might even be intentional, to make it seem less like an advertisement. Though the obvious reading from a script would really be over the top in that case.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I like how they're proudly presenting the player being able to freeze and shatter someone, Painkiller's shotgun had that ability back in 2004..

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Also whats with the cringe and general uneasiness of people talking in front of the camera, looks like they are in front of a firing squad

Noticed that too

There is 0 love and passion in this company

Someone like Ken Rolston has 20 CHA compared to them. And he is like 70 years old with more passion.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Ha! When I said that after Baldur's Gate 3, developers would add pretty girls to games, no one believed me.
Wait, where are the pretty girls in the video?
"Pretty" not in the sense that I like it very much, but that an attempt was made to make it pretty.
I won't give you the timestamp because... this video is already private.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What's with people complaining the devs are too ugly, too uneasy in front of the camera, too vaginal? Complain about the shitty gameplay instead.

Well you wanted democracy and women with penises. Now anyone can say what they want, right? :smug:

Last edited:
Gotta say, this game looks really good. I hope it has better writing than The Outer Worlds, and I hope the RPG mechanics are not as anemic and braindead.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I won't give you the timestamp because... this video is already private.
Conveniently, I haven't rated the OP post in this thread yet.

*clicks enthusiastically*
They made the original upload private, and uploaded it again here

Does anyone have the old upload to compare? Or say what's different from memory?
I doubt they re-uploaded it just to purge the negative comments, they can do that manually and individually.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Does anyone have the old upload to compare? Or say what's different from memory?
I doubt they re-uploaded it just to purge the negative comments, they can do that manually and individually.

This is the most likely answer.
I guess it's the ESRB rating, the original rating was E for everyone, apparently it's results in some negative comments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom