Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Avowed Deep Dive at Xbox Developer Direct 2024

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
honestly yeah all the guys(?) in the video look and sound like they just completed their daily soy infusion

They sound half-retarded

"You're making real time decisions about when to use your abilities"

:retarded:
yeah lol that made me furrow my brow too when I heard that in the live stream. Almost like they are grasping at straws trying to find something, anything, to say about this soulless and talentless cashgrab.

there are games made by indie studios consisting of 5 people that look better than this. They barely even touched the sliders from their default position in Unreal Engine, just lol.

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
Avowed - Looks like shit. Boring cartoonish combat. Maybe due to microsoft UX standards
HellBlade - no gameplay . Movie garbages
Mana - Boring cartoonish game with horrible dialogues
ARA - not sure
Indiana Jones - get ready for another hollywood movie instead of a game

They should rename the developer direct to hollywood directs.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
ARA - not sure
that's the only game that looks interesting to me, but if the puzzles in Indian Jones are good that might be fun too.

but looking at this steam page again, I don't really have much hope that they can design a game with decent depth.

covr

Prophet
Patron
So it is Harry Potter spin-off set in one of the most boring universes, but with graphics from Might and Magic X.

Tainted Grail: Fall of Avalon is so much more promising is you are looking for fantasy 1st person crpg.

BlackheartXIII

Educated
From the showcase comments section:
Avowedshowcasecomment.png

Last edited:

Conan

Arcane

Ryzer

Arcane
I'm sure this game and the Outer Worlds 2 will add great value to the gamepass catalog!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm sure this game and the Outer Worlds 2 will add great value to the gamepass catalog!
I am sure Microsoft didn't buy Bethesda and Obsidian to "add value" to the Gamepass. These are supposed to be nuclear weapons, not duds. This is supposed to be Skyrim 2.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Looks a bit meh to be honest, the style of gameplay is not one I particularly enjoy so I probably won't be buying it. Also, dual-wielding wands looks goofy.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The canyon area looks so fucking overexposed in the daylight, jesus what is their art director doing? And the 3D fishmen need some redesign, black sclera can work, but the iris has to have lighter value and more saturation to pop out properly. Now the eyes just blend into the eye sockets and ruin the focus of the shot in the dialogue scenes.
Combat looks quite literally like Oblivion with guns. Except quite possibly even slower. Defensive options seems to be to either kite or press block/parry button. Action games don't have to be dodgeroll fests, but this seems to be even shallower than that considering there was no indication of directional parries or sidesteps or anything like that. I doubt there will much tactical decisions being made, your build will probably either allow you to spam the same combo like freeze + shatter, or not be restricting at all so everyone will do the optimal equivalent of stealth archery instead.
Voice actors seem to be same ones from PoE 1 and 2 except that they aren't voicing the same characters. You don't want them to be recognizeable when they aren't playing the same character for fucks sake. Is their union forcing them to use the same dozen people for all their productions, or is their casting and voice director that lacking? Also I can't fucking stand kwa accents in medieval renaissance fantasy, it sounds too modern.
This very much seems like a game made by people who have lot of money to blow for fidelity, but very poor sense for design.

goregasm

Scholar
I always felt this game was going to be trash, it looks way worse than I imagined. Way worse. From technical onward.

A damned shame as I didn't hate poe1, and found the world and setting fairly interesting if I'm being honest.

This looks like ass, sounds like ass and seems to be made by people who like themselves handfuls of some man ass.

Drowed

Arcane
I have no expectations for this game at all. Yet, somehow, I feel like it will still manage to disappoint me. What a curious feeling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom