Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any new info on Armored Princess?

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
I played without expansion now for 4 hours. As a gay mage. What a waste.
There was only one nice battle. I attacked something with "very hard" rating or something and my troops were down to 1 wizard and it was my turn.
This was the first and only time I used something different than Fireball or this Axe from Heavan. I cast Invisibility and managed to kill of the rest of the enemies while my last guy was hiding. That was nice.
Except for that, shitty game. Has nothing on HOMM3.

- Camera not far enough
- To many battles, progression to slow
- No base, only 1 ressource

made

Arcane
BethesdaLove said:
- Camera not far enough
There was a mod for the original game that fixed that. If it doesn't work for the expansion I bet some crazy Russian will have one made in no time.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO STRATEGY INVOLVED WHEN PLAYING KING'S BOUNTY : THE LEGEND.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Okay, okay. I call this a strategy game but more properly it should be referred to as tactical. No there isn't any resource management or base management, so I guess it isn't strategic. But I felt that the tactical combat was the most appealing I'd ever played, up there with JA2 and XCOM. That's how good I think it is. You might not agree, but there are plenty who do.

The camera is an easy fix. This is the only KB mod I use:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.p ... ostcount=1

I presume it will work on the expansion, but who knows?

Skyway, they DID cut down on the battles in the expansion but not as much as you are asking for. I read that they had 600 in the original release, 500 in the patched version and 400 in Armored Princess. I think the key complaint was that there was too much fighting and it was too easy. Well, AP is supposed to be a fair bit harder, according to this thread, so with less combat and it being more challenging, then it might be problem solved, yes? :cool:

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Hamster said:
Zhuangzi said:
. Anyone got a link to where you can buy and download the Russian version, and an idea of how much the price is comparative to other currencies?

http://online.1c.ru/games/game/4030514/

400rub = 12$

Thanks Hamster. Now if only I can learn Cyrillic well enough to navigate these buy pages. :roll:

We are talking $16 Australian dollars for 400 roubles, yes? :shock: Stuff is cheap in Russia.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Zhuangzi said:
Hamster said:
Zhuangzi said:
. Anyone got a link to where you can buy and download the Russian version, and an idea of how much the price is comparative to other currencies?

http://online.1c.ru/games/game/4030514/

400rub = 12$

Thanks Hamster. Now if only I can learn Cyrillic well enough to navigate these buy pages. :roll:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translat...mes/game/4030514/&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

But what are you going to do with russian version if you can't read russian?

Zhuangzi

Scholar
I figure it won't matter much. I tended to click through the dialogues anyway. We'll see. :P

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Zhuangzi said:
We are talking $16 Australian dollars for 400 roubles, yes? :shock: Stuff is cheap in Russia.
There is a flip side to it: translations and voice overs (especially voice overs) are so bad that they inflict physical pain on players.

Balor

Arcane
By the way, random DID play a nasty joke on me.
My mage walkthough is halted due to lack of good spells and artefacts, and my army by itself is insufficient to handle 'very hard' encounters. Fuck.

It's possible, but with huge losses and it takes a LONG time.

So halted the progress for now and began as a warrior. Unlike Kb:LK, warriors rule!
Or, most importantly, the dragon rules.

The 'Strange egg' hatches a full stack of disposeable 'meat' that distracts enemies and gives extra rage when they kill and is killed, kick is realy powerful (MUCH more powerful then any of my spells as a mage), 'Diving dragon' has a huge AOE, knockback and good damage...

And I was lucky to find 'Awaken Dragon' again, giving me an equvalent of 'Higher magic' at 5th level!

I smell a different sort of imbalance. Or it's just bad/good luck streaks...

made

Arcane
Does the dragon grow in size/develop new body features as he gains experience?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Balor said:
I smell a different sort of imbalance. Or it's just bad/good luck streaks...
The balance of the original was pretty bad at first as well. Most notably, sea devils were uber, and 5th level creatures were underpowered. Really, this is the only reason I haven't bought Armored Princess yet: I expect Katauri to release at least 3 patches this month.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Zhuangzi said:
I read that they had 600 in the original release, 500 in the patched version and 400 in Armored Princess.
Heh guess I will need to wait while they patch AP so the number of fights will be reasonable.

And to think that ex-Elemental Games guys will mess things up so much (SR1&2 are still better)
And SR1&2 were interesting to read, KB:L was all about skipping text.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
skyway said:
Zhuangzi said:
I read that they had 600 in the original release, 500 in the patched version and 400 in Armored Princess.
Heh guess I will need to wait while they patch AP so the number of fights will be reasonable.

And to think that ex-Elemental Games guys will mess things up so much (SR1&2 are still better)

Bolded part is true. This is good for me, as I'm trying to play this in Russian and so far I'm finding it quite do-able. :P I just click through screens and pick up quests. I suspect it'll be really hard to work out what I actually need to do to solve quests though.

skyway said:
Zhuangzi said:

Hey skyway, nobody gives a fuck about that here because you're dumb fucktard who hates everything for no reason.

Just a hint.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Hümmelgümpf said:
The balance of the original was pretty bad at first as well. Most notably, sea devils were uber, and 5th level creatures were underpowered. Really, this is the only reason I haven't bought Armored Princess yet: I expect Katauri to release at least 3 patches this month.

I really appreciate the efforts of russian consumers as paying beta-testers. Kings bounty was rock solid when released in english.

made

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
made said:
Does the dragon grow in size/develop new body features as he gains experience?

Sadly, no

Damn. Huge missed opportunity right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom