Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any new info on Armored Princess?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Spectacle said:
I'm a bit surprised that they've kept the marriage mechanic, the marriage of a princess and heir to the kingdom should a somewhat more significant event than just to pick up some random stat bonus. I wonder if pregnancy is in? Or maybe that's a henchman rather than a husband?

Looks like a henchman or something - if you will look closely to the "greyed out" icons you will notice that there is not a single icon that somehow can relate to a baby - only to armor.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
skyway said:
Spectacle said:
I'm a bit surprised that they've kept the marriage mechanic, the marriage of a princess and heir to the kingdom should a somewhat more significant event than just to pick up some random stat bonus. I wonder if pregnancy is in? Or maybe that's a henchman rather than a husband?

Looks like a henchman or something - if you will look closely to the "greyed out" icons you will notice that there is not a single icon that somehow can relate to a baby - only to armor.

Well, your own character becoming pregnant would be quite impractical I guess.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Pish, it's fantasy. Surely you can suspend your disbelief enough to contemplate the possibilities of male pregnancy. Transplant a womb into that guy and let's go.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
You don't marry the henchmen, like the dude in that screenshot. Apparently they are re-introducing the bounty system from the original KB - meaning that you hire people but don't have kids with them.

I think this is a bit of a cop-out, personally. If you could buy and sell wives in the first game, why not buy and sell husbands in the expansion? It's only fair.

All of the information available in English is on the 1C forum. This info mainly comes from Nike-it (works for 1C) and two other guys called Spamm and Feanor. They must be Russkies or something:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Also, the expansion will be 20% shorter than the original, because they have reduced the number of overall fights. They are also increasing the number of levels from 30 to 50, which means that the experience garnered from a fight will be proportionately higher.

Even though you are Amelie, the princess, you can still be a Mage, Paladin or Warrior. I was worried that this wouldn't be the case, so I'm pleased about that.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
1eyedking said:
It is with utmost sincerity that I hope that piece of crap gets canceled.

King's Bounty was one of the worst games of 2008, and somehow managed to get some praise at the Codex; no veteran HoMM player would give the game a second glance, and no veteran gamer hasn't played a HoMM game in his life.

Yeah but, having experienced the alternatives, many a veteran turn based strategy gamer would conclude that the HOMM gameplay formula is at it's core pretty awful. 85% or more of the fights are against trash mobs, and in a map that takes 3 hours you might only end up with 1-3 climactic, even fights against an enemy hero, and the rest of the time is just clearing trash.

Makes the game rather unrewarding at both a tactical and strategic level.

felicity

Scholar
PorkaMorka said:
1eyedking said:
It is with utmost sincerity that I hope that piece of crap gets canceled.

King's Bounty was one of the worst games of 2008, and somehow managed to get some praise at the Codex; no veteran HoMM player would give the game a second glance, and no veteran gamer hasn't played a HoMM game in his life.

Yeah but, having experienced the alternatives, many a veteran turn based strategy gamer would conclude that the HOMM gameplay formula is at it's core pretty awful. 85% or more of the fights are against trash mobs, and in a map that takes 3 hours you might only end up with 1-3 climactic, even fights against an enemy hero, and the rest of the time is just clearing trash.

Makes the game rather unrewarding at both a tactical and strategic level.

But HoMM is more than just combat. There is city management, hero development and what not. There is a lot of strategic planning outside of combat.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Nothing against HoMM, its a great game, but i am feeling like defending King's Bounty.

It might get repetetive in combat (espacially as a mage), but its still fun turn-based gameplay and there are plenty of stuff to try out, altrouth fireball (or any damage spell) is pretty much whats needed to be done.

Its fun to explore new maps and quests arent just FedEx or Kill'em, like skyway said. There are plenty of different quests, yet, yea.. simplistic.

Its a fun, addictive game. Easily kept me entertained, while most other games this year failed to do so.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Exactly right, except that fireball is only overpowered as a Mage in the early game because the Mage gets this spell for free. Yes, it is devastating for the first few levels, but it rapidly loses its mojo. Ultimately you are MUCH better off with spells that do a percentage of enemies attack (Pain Mirror), ones that create dummy stacks (Phantom) or ones that do massive area of effect damage (Armageddon, and the best AoE spell in the game, Fire Rain). Fireball is a weak early spell in comparison. :P

EDIT: WTF??? I am Zhuangzi, not Andhaira. What is going on here? :shock:

Zhuangzi

Scholar
TEST: am I still Andhaira?

ANSWER: yes.

lol, I really do ask inane questions. :lol:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'm very partial to ice snake, as it slows enemies as well. Plus there are a lot of cool spells that I loved to use with my paladin (hard difficulty), like trap, mirror image, target, magic shackles, etc.

While there is a lot of combat, the game forced me change strategies from time to time; enough to keep me interested and get me replaying it after a while.

Texas Red

Whiner
Is the 10th of April a confirmed date? Anyone got a Russian website with the latest news?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Zhuangzi said:
Exactly right, except that fireball is only overpowered as a Mage in the early game because the Mage gets this spell for free. Yes, it is devastating for the first few levels, but it rapidly loses its mojo. Ultimately you are MUCH better off with spells that do a percentage of enemies attack (Pain Mirror), ones that create dummy stacks (Phantom) or ones that do massive area of effect damage (Armageddon, and the best AoE spell in the game, Fire Rain). Fireball is a weak early spell in comparison. :P

Well said. 2 more badass spells were this Domination Spell + the Sacrifice Spell. It is pretty funny... first you take control over the enemy army, then you start to sac them to fill up your own troops. That was kinda cool.
Fireball was lame and would not win the challenging fights, like that one challenge in the dwarven kingdom. Especially because later in the game everyone is resistant or even immune to fire anyway.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The official trailer says that too.
I won't play the game though. Both videos look like Katauri decided that they don't have enough anime in their game.

made

Arcane
^_^

baby_dragon.gif

Texas Red

Whiner
The game has been torrented. I'm not going to to remove anything from the inventory.

Texas Red

Whiner
This is a great expansion. Not only are there new creatures, many of the old ones have been given a bunch of abilities. For example, the Knight is now a Paladin who can resurrect/heal himself and others and also reload a creature's action points. Plus he is holy, steel armor etc. The swordsman can evade attacks and has a special attack. The appearance has been changed accordingly with, for example, the Marauder having daggers.

The little dragon is drawn and animated very nicely.

This is all I got because my Russian needs practicing. The beginning has much more dialog, more NPCs and overall content that the The Legend. The story is a lot stronger with several mysteries you have to uncover and some interesting concepts. For example, the Princess leaves Endoria in a state of timelessness with the help of that Temple Guard.

made

Arcane
Your opinion doesn't count because you pirated it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom