Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any new info on Armored Princess?

Texas Red

Whiner
King's Bounty is one of my favorite games. Unfortunately it seems that no info for Armored Princess has been released since the announcement. You got anything? I'm especially interested in the release date.

As usual, no fancy 4 year development time requiring advanced graphics and hundred Ks worth of licensing in combination with a unique art style made this game no less fun. I bet the expansion is in the works because of such Plumber Joes as me who game on an ancient rig and could afford KB.

1eyedking

Erudite
It is with utmost sincerity that I hope that piece of crap gets canceled.

King's Bounty was one of the worst games of 2008, and somehow managed to get some praise at the Codex; no veteran HoMM player would give the game a second glance, and no veteran gamer hasn't played a HoMM game in his life.

Monocause

Arcane
It ain't that bad. It's fun to pick up for an hour or so and quit to start doing something else. I've been playing it for about two weeks now and it stays fun that way.

getter77

Augur
I figure I'll come out alright on this since it is only $10 this weekend on gamersgate. So long as there's some fun to be had, money well spent.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
1eyedking said:

King's Bounty was one of the worst games of 2008, and somehow managed to get some praise at the Codex; no veteran HoMM player would give the game a second glance, and no veteran gamer hasn't played a HoMM game in his life.

Hahah glad to know I'm not alone in this. A friend of mine who played HOMM a lot wanted to try it but couldn't cause his PC didn't meet the requirements. I tried the demo and felt it's a terrible waste of concept. They turned it into some sort of single player DOTA with TB Combat and RT exploration. He couldn't believe it sucked that bad when he finally gave it a spin.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Good thing it's not a HoMM game then. I guess I'd be disapointed too if I expected something else than what it was meant to be.

MetalCraze

Arcane
After much hype from the Codex I've tried KB and was very disappointed that guys known for the open-world sandbox with lots of stuff to do in it that is SR1&2 would make such a thing.
The game is linear and very repetitive - it managed to hold me for the first 3 days though - but in the end combat just bored me so much - it is always the same. Lots of spells are useless - seriously all you need is fireball.
The cliche kill'em all/FedEx quests also don't help, the writing is also terribly boring (even in the original language) - and to think that it came from guys who did SR1&2 which had many different text quests as well which were very interesting to read.
All you do in the game is ride around, kill things, get more warriors from special buildings, kill even more things and that's all there is to it - yes I'm aware that it was inspired by the original KB, but couldn't they just add more depth and a world that would be really interesting to explore and not just locations filled with too much combat - considering that it is an exploration-type game?

1eyedking said:

Actually any average gamer would know the worst thing about HoMM was always the strategic part which was so laughably simplistic it would be better if it didn't exist in the first place, so what KBL did was brilliant, thanks for posting veteran gamer.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually KB was a really good game, one of my favourites in 2008. It wasn't deep, yeah, but it was fun, and I like fun in games, so I liked it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Hümmelgümpf said:
April 10 is the release date here..
Nice. I hope they get cracking on the english version as soon as the original is done!

Zhuangzi

Scholar
1eyedking said:

You suck.

KB was my favourite game of 2008. I spent well over 200 hours playing it. It is far superior to HoMM V in terms of single player.

I hear the expansion is out April 10 in Russia. I suspect we in the West will be waiting until Q3, maybe September again.

Can't wait. :cool:

Seboss

Liturgist
Why the hate? It's nowhere near as deep as HOMM for the strategy part, but creatures and combat are nice and the quests are reasonably fun.
Very enjoyable in SP.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
KB was great, and all the HoMM-fags can kiss my ass. This game was never even hyped as HoMM style game.

Texas Red

Whiner
Hümmelgümpf said:
April 10 is the release date here. No way I'm picking it up before the exams are over though.

Is there a website with new info? I'd like to take a look on those updated skill trees.

Lesifoere said:
KB was addictive for a while, but then palled.

My main objection with the expansion pack is that the title is retarded as hell. "Armored Princess"? Really?

shikahos5nq2.jpg

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Fuck, yeah! I always wanted to be a girl and marry any guy I wanted then ditch them because the next guy gave me a better stat bonus!

I'm ready to hear the retarded larpers cry: "it sucks because you can't chose your sex and you can't walk".

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm a bit surprised that they've kept the marriage mechanic, the marriage of a princess and heir to the kingdom should a somewhat more significant event than just to pick up some random stat bonus. I wonder if pregnancy is in? Or maybe that's a henchman rather than a husband?

Seboss said:
Why the hate? It's nowhere near as deep as HOMM for the strategy part, but creatures and combat are nice and the quests are reasonably fun.
Very enjoyable in SP.

The combat is what sucks the most. If I wanted thousands of identical battles with very limited options, I would play some old Final Fantasy or something. Even Fallout 3 shit combat has more gameplay than KBL.

The music was nice, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom