Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any new info on Armored Princess?

Balor

Arcane
No, only if it's negative.
At least that's what most devs claim.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Sweet i though what gay ass shit is this. Then i was its the expansion for King's Bounty : the legend. I loved that game. What's the release date for the English version ?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I already bought it :)

Dark Individual said:
The game has been torrented. I'm not going to to remove anything from the inventory.
Lenin, Stalin and Putin are disappointed with you.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hamster said:

Dark Individual said:
The game has been torrented. I'm not going to to remove anything from the inventory.

Wrong - TWD actually did everything like a true commie

Texas Red

Whiner
Hümmelgümpf said:
Could you post screenshots of new skill trees and describe the most interesting changes?

There's a lot of little differences that mostly balance out the classes and make them more interesting. There's not many completely new skills but the existing ones have been tweaked and rearranged. For example, the fighter has skills that directly give to attack, defense or a mix, instead of something vague like getting additional attack when killing a troop. Mages can now can cast 3 or 2 spells consecutively if they are 7 mana or less.

The dragon is very well animated and drawn. You can pick between several and they give different skills and bonuses. The starting skills are, unlike the Spirit of Rage, ALL useful. I have 3 right now: direct damage that pushes the target, the dragon can find additional chests that your troops can pick up, and the dragon can create a wall that blocks enemies. I predict that I will use all of them and it won't end up with just spamming Soul Drain.

There are many new creatures and existing creatures have been tweaked. Some of them have new abilities, some have a changed appearance and some have different stats from The Legend.

Armored Princess is harder than the Legend. You start off with a lot less Leadership. Almost all enemies are stronger than you and many impossible. Right now I can only recruit 4 priests, for example, and there are higher tier creatures everywhere.

The setting is, as I've said, much better. It's more serious, DARK and EPIC, and I'm not joking. Right off the bat you've tasked with something important and you have several things to discover. None of the "find the thieves and the tokens they stole" bullshit.

Texas Red

Whiner
skyway said:
Hamster said:

Dark Individual said:

Wrong - TWD actually did everything like a true commie

There's absolutely no evidence that I pirated this game.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
Hümmelgümpf said:
Could you post screenshots of new skill trees and describe the most interesting changes?

There's a lot of little differences that mostly balance out the classes and make them more interesting. There's not many completely new skills but the existing ones have been tweaked and rearranged. For example, the fighter has skills that directly give to attack, defense or a mix, instead of something vague like getting additional attack when killing a troop. Mages can now can cast 3 or 2 spells consecutively if they are 7 mana or less.

The dragon is very well animated and drawn. You can pick between several and they give different skills and bonuses. The starting skills are, unlike the Spirit of Rage, ALL useful. I have 3 right now: direct damage that pushes the target, the dragon can find additional chests that your troops can pick up, and the dragon can create a wall that blocks enemies. I predict that I will use all of them and it won't end up with just spamming Soul Drain.

There are many new creatures and existing creatures have been tweaked. Some of them have new abilities, some have a changed appearance and some have different stats from The Legend.

Armored Princess is harder than the Legend. You start off with a lot less Leadership. Almost all enemies are stronger than you and many impossible. Right now I can only recruit 4 priests, for example, and there are higher tier creatures everywhere.

The setting is, as I've said, much better. It's more serious, DARK and EPIC, and I'm not joking. Right off the bat you've tasked with something important and you have several things to discover. None of the "find the thieves and the tokens they stole" bullshit.

Fantastic news. I've been looking forward to this, and so I'm glad you think it's as good or better than the original. :cool: The little dragon does look like Pokemon or something, but I really don't care so long as the game has depth at the tactical level. It sounds like it does.

For us poor westerners, no release date has been set. I suspect we'll be waiting until Q3 this year like we did last year with KB:TL. Anyone got a link to where you can buy and download the Russian version, and an idea of how much the price is comparative to other currencies?

Eldritch

Scholar
DI, how does the "Sacrifice" spell work in the expansion? Has it been balanced out or smth?

Also keep us informed concerning the balance of randomization the more you progress through the game. There were many useless especially low-tier spells that would spawn all the time in a lot of goddamn playthru's and the "guaranteed" spell rewards for completing quests were at times too excessively randomized to work or have their rewards either too late for comfort or just not worth it. Fucking "Geyser" guaranteed *only* in the late mid-game for braving legions of dwarves and underground creatures after the genocide of an entire pirate nation??? Fuck that shit...

Is the randomization tweaked to be a bit more merciful now or have stupid spells like Kamikaze or the Book of Fail etc. have been improved to be actually worth some shit when they constantly spawn instead of fucking Ice Snakes???

It sounds really promising if they've really made the more powerful/exotic creature stacks more limited and difficult to find. I enjoyed savoring the rarity of my precious little Royal Snakes hired from just one dwelling with a *very* limited stack and feeling the need to save them in reserve for the more difficult battles... I hope they went overboard with this.

Otherwise it's just;

Put on a Wizard Robe and fight some neutral stacks

Gain experience and level up certain useful skills

Will you pick Shamans or Necromancers

Don't pick up the Archmagi because they're fairly useless

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This sounds really good, I cant wayt! I hope they will publish a release date for the english language version soon.

Balor

Arcane
My impressions:

Lots of rebalances, skill trees are quite different.
Playing as mage, cannot utilize the dragon fully due to miserly rage pool, but it seems like it's abilities are quite powerful - much better then my spells, even.

Also, there is 'awaken dragon' spell that does exactly that - instantly awakens dragon, making him act again - however, it costs 10 mana and a percentage of mana too.

Playing on hard, the game IS hard. You have to run like a startled bunny exploring the map and snatching up chests and runes right from the noses of enemies first, then carefully pick opponents.

It seem like I will never see 'very easy' opponents because I'll run out of easy enemies before I'll be powerful enough.

All in all, 'plate bikinies' aside, the game is better then original by far due to much better balancing... so far, at least.
I'm off to buy it tomorrow, anyway.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Emotional Vampire said:
This shit is out? In english?

No you braindead faggot, look at the people discussing buying it. They can all speak Russian.

Texas Red

Whiner
Okay lol, they went a bit overboard with the difficulty. 99% of the enemies are either impossible or overpowering. The spells are difficult to come around to and the biggest Chaos spell is fire arrow, the starting one. The rest of the enemies are slightly stronger or strong and they wipe out most of my troops, and the money is scarce.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of it but I honestly don't know what the hell else to do. You're supposed to acquire the maps that unlock new areas but they are all guarded by impossible groups.

Balor, I'm right now on the second island, somehow trying to get new maps. The 3rd island has way too powerful creatures. Any suggestions? The 2 chests that you find for the contraband pirate, where are they supposed to be delivered?

Balor

Arcane
i'm yet to find any 'autowin' spells so far. Fireball really weak for now. The most powerful spell I have is 'Angel of Vengeance', that does rather heavy damage to units that attack enchanted stack, but each damage reduces duration by one, so it's still not that uber.
Damn, I should have upped the Law magic when I had a chance - at second level it would be pretty devastating... gotta find a decent tank first, though.

Texas Red

Whiner
Balor said:
i'm yet to find any 'autowin' spells so far. Fireball really weak for now. The most powerful spell I have is 'Angel of Vengeance', that does rather heavy damage to units that attack enchanted stack, but each damage reduces duration by one, so it's still not that uber.
Damn, I should have upped the Law magic when I had a chance - at second level it would be pretty devastating... gotta find a decent tank first, though.

I'm personally using Trap because it disables units and deals pretty good damage against them.

But where are you ATM?

Balor

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Okay lol, they went a bit overboard with the difficulty. 99% of the enemies are either impossible or overpowering. The spells are difficult to come around to and the biggest Chaos spell is fire arrow, the starting one. The rest of the enemies are slightly stronger or strong and they wipe out most of my troops, and the money is scarce.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of it but I honestly don't know what the hell else to do. You're supposed to acquire the maps that unlock new areas but they are all guarded by impossible groups.

Balor, I'm right now on the second island, somehow trying to get new maps. The 3rd island has way too powerful creatures. Any suggestions? The 2 chests that you find for the contraband pirate, where are they supposed to be delivered?

Are you plaing on 'impossible' difficulty? If you do, enjoy the consequenses :). On difficult it is, well, difficult but not impossible.

Like I said, the trick is to run around, luring creeps from chests, runes, shrines and other nice shit, then grab em and make legs before you'll be brutally raped... then return, use that gold&stuff to fund your war effort with low-tier creeps (trying real hard to avoid losses), then proceed further.

Your goal is finding lots of gold to buy nice artefacts and spells - it will make things MUCH easier - especially if you will find a good creature/artefact combo. What I would not give for Royal Griffins now! Perfect tanks to be used with angel of vengeance and mana source spells (later add stone skin, some monks for healing and I bet I'll finally be able to rack up those 'flawless victories').

Btw, talking of 'useless' archmages - while their damage output is indeed puny, their shield that halves ALL damage is nothing to sneer at.

UPDATE:

Heh, looks like I've found my megatank combo:

A combination of guardian and mechanic drones (latter repair and ressurect former, and those are quite tough) and greater vampires... and those are just damn immortal, provided that you keep buffs on them.

So far my battles look like that:

Inquisitors buff guardians, giving me rage.

Guardins move forward, along with vampires.

Draco is building a wall, hopefully creating a chokepoint that I fill with guardians and vampires.

Enemies attack my buffed vampires and guardians, but simply cannod do anything aganst them.

???

PROFIT!

Unfortunately, halyava will end soon, because I have only 8 vampires, and soon it will not be enough.
Well, there are more droids, and I hope they will last longer.

My last opened island is Rusty Anchor, but I don't dare tread there yet. All enemies start from 'deadly' there, and it's not a fucking joke.

Balor

Arcane
As for trap - never found it. One of the better things about KB - its randomness. Hopefully, due to more units/artefacts it will have more replayablility...

MetalCraze

Arcane
So is this game as bad as a previous one?
The levels were always the same and filled with the atrocious combat (I stopped playing KB after ~70 battles because they always were the same - but I watched the results of a guy that completed the game and he had 653 battles - wtf) that you must fight.
Is the situation any better in the expansion?
I even don't ask about quests and writing - I know that they are still crap.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
skyway said:
So is this game as bad as a previous one?
The levels were always the same and filled with the atrocious combat (I stopped playing KB after ~70 battles because they always were the same - but I watched the results of a guy that completed the game and he had 653 battles - wtf) that you must fight.
Is the situation any better in the expansion?
I even don't ask about quests and writing - I know that they are still crap.

It's probably shit, predictable, and has too much bloom.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Dark Individual, what difficulty are you playing on? It looks like they've ramped up the difficulty quite a bit, which is great cos KB:TL was too easy, even on Impossible.

Oh and skyway, if you don't like tactical battles, then you won't like KB + expansions. It's a strategy game more than an rpg.

Can't freaking wait for this :cool:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Use spoiler tags please. We non Russian Speaking Educated people also want to able to enjoy this game when it gets released in English.

Texas Red

Whiner
That was some epic battle to get a map. The enemy was "very strong" with, among other creatures, 50 old bears(compared to mine 16). Utilizing a heck load of maneuvering, Trap and various dragon skills, I somehow managed to kill almost all the bears before they could engage my troops and after I somehow managed to kill an army of barbarians and sailors. Note that one Trap killed about 4 bears.

I lost most of my army and I'm broke but at least I have a new island to explore.

Non Russians should be jealous. If you enjoyed The Legend, this one is improved in every way.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Zhuangzi said:
Oh and skyway, if you don't like tactical battles, then you won't like KB + expansions. It's a strategy game more than an rpg.

I like tactical battles, but the tactics of KB battles are primitive. I was ok with the combat at first - but there's too much of it and it always exactly the same and very repetitive.
If they made the number of combat encounters in AP at least 3 times smaller then I will be pretty interested in playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom