Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also in a different crossover Batman fought the Predator.

I fucking had that comic on paper. No idea where I lost it, but I did.

I whip myself in penance each time I think about losing it. It was so cool :(

Psquit

Arcane

i only had that alien comic were a group of marines goes to the alien planet to steal jelly from a queen...

Edit:
but soo far its has some of the best covers an drawings

Aliens:_Genocide_Vol_1_2
Aliens:_Genocide_Vol_1_2
Aliens_Genocide_Vol_1_2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliens_genocide.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2461804-keops_aliens_genocide_226.jpg

some cool shit going on there.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I only like Aliens in the scenario where there's 1-3 of them hiding on board a big spaceship or something and you very rarely get to see them because they're sneaky and scary.

i.e. I only like the first couple of movies.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Oh, yeah, I read Genocide. It's basically the follow-up to the Nightmare Asylum and Earth Hive comics that picked up the story after Aliens the movie. Genocide was actually pretty alright, but Nightmare Asylum. Earth Hive and the Female Wars were shit.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Zewp
Those are the stories with Not-Newt, Not-Hicks and a Ripley android, with such highlights as a bugfuck crazy general trying to conquer the Aliens on Earth with a brigade of aliens of his own and predictably getting eaten, the whole thing ending with the Space Jockeys terraforming Earth?

Ermm

Erudite
I remember reading a pretty cool Batman/Alien crossover set in Arkham Asylum.

Two-Face blasting Xenomorph with a shotgun. What else can you possibly want?

I ready it long ago and don't remember much, but actually, I thought without Batman it would've been much better. Just uniting all the villains in Arkham, and them making some crazy combos would've been much better.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Zewp
Those are the stories with Not-Newt, Not-Hicks and a Ripley android, with such highlights as a bugfuck crazy general trying to conquer the Aliens on Earth with a brigade of aliens of his own and predictably getting eaten. the whole thing ending with the Space Jockeys terraforming Earth?

Yep, those were the ones. Complete with an android tricking Not-Newt into fucking him under the pretense that he was human. They also got turned into novels at one point, but thank god, they never made the jump to film or the aliens franchise would have been fucked.

Brinko

Arcane
Since we are talking about all the other games that have featured Aliens I thought I would bring up this fucking atrocity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_Versus_Predator:_Extinction

I remember getting this out of the bargain bin at Wal-Mart for $2 and to this day I still think I overpayed. The only console RTS I have ever played and I remember it being so fucking boring that I had to cheat to see the end of the fucking thing. I think I only ever beat the Aliens campaign due to the fact that I could just zerg swarm over everything and get shit done faster to relieve my suffering.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I only like Aliens in the scenario where there's 1-3 of them hiding on board a big spaceship or something and you very rarely get to see them because they're sneaky and scary.

i.e. I only like the first couple of movies.

Exactly this. All these scenarios make sense only if a bunch of humans are hunted by one or a couple more Aliens. In a somewhat contained area. It's the only feasible scenario where some of the humans have a slight chance of surviving.

If a bunch of them enter the population, they'll increase their numbers extremely fast and no one can stop them. Game over.

That picture where the green and red aliens armies are fighting each other is very funny. I don't even dare think where the comics have taken the story.

Dark Horse and DC present: Batman vs Aliens, it's set in Central or South America. Not like this is anything new, Aliens were in Stormwatch (and it's actually canon, they killed most of the team and thus the Authority was born), Judge Dredd, Superman and probably more titles that I just haven't read/seen. Also in a different crossover Batman fought the Predator.

There is also one where the Justice League fights a group of Super Predators. It goes just as you'd expect.

SUPERMANWINS.jpg

Psquit

Arcane
Dark Horse and DC present: Batman vs Aliens, it's set in Central or South America. Not like this is anything new, Aliens were in Stormwatch (and it's actually canon, they killed most of the team and thus the Authority was born), Judge Dredd, Superman and probably more titles that I just haven't read/seen. Also in a different crossover Batman fought the Predator.

There is also one where the Justice League fights a group of Super Predators. It goes just as you'd expect.

SUPERMANWINS.jpg

The fuck?, ah predator with a cape?. They should be wearing a better predator armor with bones of their preys...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
That's the Superman predator. The Justice League finds out that a group of predators has been modified to each mimic and counter one of their members.

bonescraper

Yeah, i had it too. Also lost it. Too fucking bad, it's pretty much the only good Predator comic in existence (except for AvP). But that's hardly an accomplishment, there's this (two issue!) one where Predator fights a grizzly bear. The bear wins of course :lol:

Fake edit:

Yeah, here it is.

prpl1.jpg
prpl2.jpg

Sodafish

Arcane
Too right. Can't even outdo a low level Skyrimjob PC in the bear killing department.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I liked the comic where a Predator crash-lands in the Mississippi bayou and winds up being hunted by the locals. Ends up as the main ingredient in some redneck/hillbilly gumbo dish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom