Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Ermm

Erudite
Aliens is s shit franchise made by weird sexual festished deviants.

Facehugger's front always looked to me as vagina. For a time now, I think whoever wrote Alien, had a relationship problem, and in reality that movie is a message about women.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The entire Aliens movie was actually based on rape. Being forcefully impregnated, penises bursting from chests, aliens with penis-shaped heads, etc.

Ermm

Erudite
Yeah, but since the vagina looking monster does the forceful impregnation, I've always thought that the writer who wrote it had a really nasty experience with women.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, but since the vagina looking monster does the forceful impregnation, I've always thought that the writer who wrote it had a really nasty experience with women.
dan_obannon.jpg

Black

Arcane
Aliens is s shit franchise made by weird sexual festished deviants. Predators would be good if it weren't for the incredibly stupid design of the predator species. Aside from the obvious, did they really need dreadlocks?

They should just show a single movie with Aliens and Predators and those prometheus disc jockey aliens where near the end 1000 death stars jump out of hyperspace and destroy EVERYTHING to the tune of the imperial march.
You ever talk shit about Alien and Aliens and I'll cut you up.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I think he really is. I wonder if it's tax deductable if we donate money for his treatment?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Also Frost's flamethrower and Vasquez's pistol. From what I can tell, they also have special stats, like Hudson's pulse rifle has a 90 ammo clip and fires a 3-round burst.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The entire Aliens movie was actually based on rape. Being forcefully impregnated, penises bursting from chests, aliens with penis-shaped heads, etc.

Well of course it is. Go into Google Images, input 'giger' and hit the Enter key.

Dexter

Arcane
http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2077291/#Comment_2077291

The degree to which we feared ACM was, in hindsight, crazy. Potential release dates for NS2 were discussed with reference to ACM's potential release date. Around the lunch table, we pondered the pasting reviewers would give us if they were simultaneously reviewing a AAA mega-budget aliens vs marines title.

At shows like GamesCom, PAX-East, and E3 I walked around the ACM super-booths in awe. I spoke to ACM PR reps and they had no idea what NS was. I watched the demos (especially the E3 one) and thought... 'How can we possibly stand up to these guy on the aliens v marine stage?' I walked around the Power Loader in multiple countries and shook my head at the poor luck of having to face this Sega/Gearbox monster in our launch window.

Now, I'm filled with sadness. Sadness at being an Aliens fan and not being able to experience LV-426 like I had imagined I would. Sadness that we spent so much time being afraid of a game that we have beaten on Metacritic by 38 points. Sadness that the launch trailer for ACM probably cost more than 30% of the entire development budget of NS2.

With that marketing machine, with that moneypot, with that kind of development time, with that kind of bullet-proof intellectual property, ACM should have been an absolute hit.

No, UWE won't be milking the poor reception of ACM. To do so would make us wankers, it would be dishonorable. Remember when Warfighter exploded? Activision ran a targeted ad campaign hitting every single Warfighter keyword with CODBLOPSII pre-rolls and banners. I'm sure it got them sales. But it also said much about the kind of company they are.

There is a very subtle aliens reference in the Gorgeous Trailer, but it was scripted in long, long ago. Well before we even realized ACM was landing at the same time as the update. Now, I just hope the press won't can us for 'trying to milk failure.'

EDIT: Corrected Meta-critic differential to 38 from miscalculated 30.

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom