Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Against the Chris Avellone personality cult

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
MCA, on many of his interviews said of not "offending" other people because the gamming industry is an small world and this could cost you job opportunities. I had the feel of such talks that he isn't an SJW believer to the bone that only think on this shit 100% of the day but a non confrontational guy.

Right now the dominant culture on the western world, at least on the media/entertainment media world, is libtardism. If you don't spew libtardism, you won't get a job, if you say something "wrong" the vultures will swarm over you and most people are too preocupied into making money so they won't risk their skin defending you. Many people or don't understand the importance of politics or don't want to make career seppuku over discussions on the internet. Are those people cowards?

Agree with all of that and yes, those people are cowards.

When SJWs aim one thousand bans at you, you shitpost in the shade.

#DeusFuckingVolt

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
What MCA personally believes is completely irrelevant, because he is a member of that rare and dying breed - writers who can distance their beliefs from their work.

It is not completely irrelevant because he is legitimizing their agenda with his pedigree.

He wrote Durance - a man who hates women, despises foreigners and non-human races, and considers CLEANSE THEM WITH FIRE a perfectly valid way to deal with people who worship the wrong gods.

Which affects nothing in terms of gameplay. Unless he takes a bigger role as a designer again, his writing will be irrelevant.

This. It's sad to see great developers of the past endorse the hyperbole and lunacy in current gaming journalism when their works, if released today, would too get criticized heavily by these crowds and would get bullied in an attempt to get them to shoehorn quotas into their games.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
He wrote Durance - a man who hates women, despises foreigners and non-human races, and considers CLEANSE THEM WITH FIRE a perfectly valid way to deal with people who worship the wrong gods.

Durance doesn't hate women. If anything he is the archetype of a white knight beta-male that cucks himself before Magran and worships her like a goddess, even though she casts him aside.

He's a narcissist who believes above all in himself, and anything aligned with him is therefore good. It is why the focus of his worship was centered around his little secret sect that punished others for failing to meet his sects overriding standards.

Much of his demeanor could be said to reflect what was said of Nietzsche, that "If he believed in God he's be angry that he wasn't God". Durance lives in a world where deities are an indisputable fact and that plays into his butthurt: gods exist and he isn't one of them. The best he could do was buddy up to the one he felt was the strongest/had an affinity for him, only she used him and threw him away. One could see his attachment to the PC being a means up trying to climb the ladder again, trying to convince the player of his beliefs so the leader of his powerbase sees things his way making him the ideological leader of their little party.

I don't actually agree with this, but it was an interesting post.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
:lol:

Retarded 16 year old pretending to be a tough alpha.... while fapping over Gann, a shitty, whiny and faggoty character. Amusing.
It's difficult to follow all the conflicting LIFE ADVICE that /r/redpill gives. I mean, where else would a juvenile Internet master get their knowledge of manliness and how to be Alpha?

It is especially funny because the whole alpha-beta-omega thing comes from the 1950s and 1960s and is based on a misconceptions of wolf pack social dynamics, ie observing unrelated, captive wolves and claiming species-wide social behaviour based on that. It's like claiming that all Orcas are stressed out killers because captive Orcas demonstrate such behaviour. Human social dynamics are far more complex and impossible to reduce to something as asinine as "10 Steps To Being Alpha Male and Getting All the Pussy - buy now for $29.99".

And before the retards start spewing shit, please read:

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/01/11/the-alpha-wolfe-is-an-outdated-myth/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090202174958.htm

http://nymag.com/betamale/2016/05/the-rise-of-the-alpha-beta-male.html

https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/the-myth-of-the-alpha-male-hesaid/

:lol: you are really butthurt with normal people

Darkzone

Arcane
hates women
How the fuck Durance hates women? You people should really play PoE more.
Hey i didn't wrote that Durance hates women. What i wrote is the stereotype ( presented by SJW and media ) of gamers:
( The prototype of the fat basement dwelling male neckbearded shitlord gamer in his 40s with skin irretations (skin fungus), who lives with his parents. And hates women and foreigners, because the first group don't want him and the second group gets the first group. )
And this is my description of Durance:
You mean the Durance, who is incredibly ugly in his early 40s with pox scars, a scraggly beard and sweats continuously.

But you are right on the fact, that i didn't play PoE long enought for the story of Durance to play out.

Tick Tock Crocodile

Durance doesn't hate women, he's obsessed with Magran.

I have blanked PoE from my mind to the point where I have no idea whether he did or not, but obsession and hatred aren't mutually exclusive feelings.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron

I have blanked PoE from my mind to the point where I have no idea whether he did or not, but obsession and hatred aren't mutually exclusive feelings.

I never played the game your avatar is from but I think anyone that did is a faggot/librul.

Darkzone

Arcane
I don't even know who Magran is besides that some wrote here that she is a goddess. I remember only Durance, because he was the only filthy hobo scumbag in my party, which by the way made him the most intersting character / companion. As i have taken him into the party my first thought was that he will spread some disease or parasites, and the other thing that i remember is that he was quite useful in the fights, like Eder. And the rest of the companions i don't even remember, besides that there was also a big music guy.
But i gave no fuck about the personal quest of the companions end even less fuck about the gods. And i honestly remember shit about PoE, despite that i have played it as it came out, while i remember even the position of the good items or who carries them in BG I, despite the fact that i have played it over 15 years ago.
In other words: PoE began strong, but ended up being annoying and fucking boring in their lore and texts. But this could have been the middle game boring hole, that i have fallen into.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
MCA, on many of his interviews said of not "offending" other people because the gamming industry is an small world and this could cost you job opportunities. I had the feel of such talks that he isn't an SJW believer to the bone that only think on this shit 100% of the day but a non confrontational guy.

There is more than one way of omitting yourself without losing your honor. One thing is retweeting stuff about SoD or ToN because you worked on these games, another is retweeting retarded anti-gamer gate petitions, saying he is jealous of Beamdog work, etc. He crossed the line long ago. But since he is Avellone, he not only can do it, but can still be praised as the messiah of cRPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom